Any deskthoritarians in Denmark?

jlicht

27 Jun 2013, 13:22

I was wondering if there are any keyboard enthusiasts in Copenhagen, in particular?
It would be cool to gather some different switches in one place to compare, especially rarer ones like Topre, buckling spring or odd cherries...

(not sure if this thread is in the right place?)

Muirium
µ

27 Jun 2013, 13:47

Peter's Danish. He'll likely want to sell you one of his new in box Model Ms.

http://deskthority.net/marketplace-f11/ ... lit=%20IBM

I'd say yes, if I were you! For the keyboard and for your own good…

jlicht

27 Jun 2013, 14:16

I say yes, but my wallet is a little more hesitant ;-)
But thanks, maybe I should throw him a PM.

Muirium
µ

27 Jun 2013, 14:25

One of them would be mine already if it weren't for the cost of shipping. Your delivery drivers must have good unions in Denmark!

jlicht

27 Jun 2013, 15:51

Ok ok, I queried him about his exact location now, and I'll go check them out if possible :-)

Peter

27 Jun 2013, 17:59

You are welcome ..
I also have a few used Model M's in good condition btw,
but I'm not even going to try and 'export' them, with our silly shipping-rates .

It's not the unions, it's just that Denmark is an expensive country to live in ..
25% sales-tax, high income-taxes, expensive housing and 'green taxes' all add up .

jlicht

27 Jun 2013, 18:04

Also they are not exactly lightweight!

Broadmonkey
Fancy Rank

27 Jun 2013, 21:48

Just wanted to add that I'm also from Denmark, although in the other end of the country. I have seen a fair few danish people here and on GH. There is a subforum where we can write in danish if necessary ;)

It's true that shipping prices is ridiculous here, not only to other countries but inside as well, I actually think it's cheaper or about the same to get keyboards send from germany than from anywhere in Dk :?

jlicht

28 Jun 2013, 09:39

Do you know if any one has Topre here? I would really like to try one out.

RC-1140

28 Jun 2013, 16:17

Hmm, Denmark, other end of the country. Broadmonkey, may I ask where exactly you are? I'm German, but I live in Kiel, so it's only an hour away from Denmark and I regularly go there on vacation.

Broadmonkey
Fancy Rank

02 Jul 2013, 01:37

jlicht wrote:Do you know if any one has Topre here? I would really like to try one out.
No, unfortunately I know no one besides myself that even cares about their keyboard, most people just thinks I'm a loony including my gf :lol:
RC-1140 wrote:Hmm, Denmark, other end of the country. Broadmonkey, may I ask where exactly you are? I'm German, but I live in Kiel, so it's only an hour away from Denmark and I regularly go there on vacation.
I live in Randers, more or less in the middle of Jutland and sadly a few hours from Germany. Where do you vacate in Denmark?

RC-1140

02 Jul 2013, 13:57

Various camp sites. Often on Rømø, but København, Skagen, Løkken as well, and last year on Bornholm. We also visit Sønderborg from time to time. Heard a great Beethoven concert in the Alsion two years ago.

Return to “Keyboards”