Tipro Y-Cable for Programming in 64bit

PiSquare

25 Aug 2013, 01:01

Hello,

according to this thread

http://deskthority.net/keyboards-f2/nee ... t2433.html

it seems that it is possible to program the tipro boards via RS232 (and a USB-R232 adapter) using this cable.

Image.

Who does have this cable and could measure the pinout, i.e. could determine which pin of the RS232 connector is connected to which pin on the keyboard side?

Because an USB-R232 adapter is quite cheap. So you would get an good alternative to buying an Tipro USB controller.

Best regards

Muirium
µ

25 Aug 2013, 12:35

Indeed. I'd love to know the pinout too. My 64 bit Intel box seems allergic to my XP disc, but has a serial port I could program my Tipro with if only I knew this cable.

kbdfr
The Tiproman

26 Aug 2013, 17:14

PiSquare wrote:[...] Who does have this cable and could measure the pinout, i.e. could determine which pin of the RS232 connector is connected to which pin on the keyboard side? [...]
I might have one but won't be able to have a look before next week.

fireglow

28 Aug 2013, 14:34

I'm interested in this as well, my Tipro board just sits here because I can't program it.

Minskleip

28 Aug 2013, 15:26

I might have had such a cable - but I have moved! It could be anywhere or even in the garbage.. if it ever existed :shock:

Muirium
µ

28 Aug 2013, 15:33

I picked up a full 8 pin Mini Din jack while getting components for my Soarer's Converter box.
This is the jack used by Tipro, so I should be able to wire up the cunning programming pins, whichever they may be. It fits better in my Tipro than a chopped PS/2 jack, too.

Minskleip

28 Aug 2013, 15:42

I also had two official tipro cables. One has broken isolation so I threw it away, but I don't remember what I did with the other one. It was dirty, and I was in a mood for throwing shit away ...

Minskleip

29 Aug 2013, 21:34

Heh I have several, so nothing to brag about..

I found this Y cable, but I'm having problems connecting its din->ps2 adapter into the computer :oops: I got it into my ps2->usb converter, and found out that at least the keyboard part of the cable works. I'll try more in the weekend.

Minskleip

30 Aug 2013, 18:11

I can confirm that I can program my Tipro keyoard on windows 64 with this cable, but I don't have any pin readings at the moment.

Muirium
µ

30 Aug 2013, 18:24

Oh good. Do share the pinout when you're done!

Minskleip

05 Sep 2013, 10:19

I haven't measured anything yet, but I'll try to squeeze it in this weekend.

I couldn't get Changeme to recognise my 32 key mid Tipro with the cable :(

2305ryan

29 Oct 2016, 19:29

I've seen talk of these cable a few times but I've never found anyone sharing the pinout of them. Anyone know what it is? :?:

I need to get my tipro connected via a com port so that it can be used as a gpio device by some radio software.

kbdfr
The Tiproman

31 Oct 2016, 13:10

Tipro Y cable continuity check, measured with a very simple multimeter with somewhat too thick tips,
hope I haven't missed anything:
Tipro Y cable.jpg
Tipro Y cable.jpg (69.12 KiB) Viewed 4305 times
My (Tipro original) Y cable also has a power socket for an AC adapter:
INPUT AC 100-240V-0.7A 50-60Hz
OUTPUT 5V(DC)2.A
center +

Return to “Keyboards”