The Switch Try Bag....

Mrinterface

12 Apr 2011, 19:35

The first 4 people are on the list. Gonna send out the Switch Try Bag soon....

prava

17 Apr 2011, 20:28

Please tell us when you send the bag ;)

Mrinterface

21 Apr 2011, 14:38

Mail sent to kidchunks pinging him -> once he pongs I'll send out the STBAG.
kidchunks had enough try switches with the STN so I deleted him from the sinklist. Pinging the next one : prava

Added a video. Read my first post of this thread.

Regards.

Mimic

22 Apr 2011, 20:00

Nice im really looking forward to this, parva dont take so long ;)!!

Mrinterface

27 Apr 2011, 12:36

Prava doesn't respond to my PM? Skipping prava ....

Mrinterface

27 Apr 2011, 18:35

42 grams on its way to Slaps....

Regards.

MartZink

27 Apr 2011, 19:58

And the journey begins...

I PM'd you Mrinterface :)

MartZink

28 Apr 2011, 23:37

How do I know which switch is which?

Should I just take the key cap off, or is there a mark on them?

Mrinterface

29 Apr 2011, 08:37

No marks, just take off the keycap....

Regards.

MartZink

29 Apr 2011, 19:16

I have an idea!

Each person who receives the bag puts a small object in the bag, just something random.
In the end Mrinterface will recive many gifts from those who put something in the bag :)

I think that would be nice, what do you say?

hoggy

29 Apr 2011, 19:20

Cool idea. How about they put 2 items in the bag? The next person to get the bag takes one and puts another in.

MartZink

29 Apr 2011, 19:25

hoggy wrote:Cool idea. How about they put 2 items in the bag? The next person to get the bag takes one and puts another in.
Oooo! yes! That would be better... but then some gifts will never reach Mrinterface :/

Mrinterface

29 Apr 2011, 20:33

Nice... But won't the bag be full soon? ;-)

MartZink

29 Apr 2011, 21:06

Mrinterface wrote:Nice... But won't the bag be full soon? ;-)
Well, not if they are very small, and the bag was quite big too.

And if it gets full, blend it. Saves space ;)

MartZink

03 May 2011, 01:28

So Slaps, have you received the bag yet? :)

Mrinterface

03 May 2011, 13:19

MartZink wrote:So Slaps, have you received the bag yet? :)
Nope. The package is at customs in his country...

Mimic

15 May 2011, 14:10

Did the bag already get to the first one or is it still under way??

Mrinterface

15 May 2011, 14:41

The shipment is still underway -> there are some terrible response times for European shipping :-(

Mrinterface

21 May 2011, 09:34

Tracking shows it has been delivered on 18 May. Let's have that review! :-)

Saboteur

26 May 2011, 20:36

No news yet?

Mrinterface

26 May 2011, 20:50

I PM-ed Mimic to see if the address is still correct, the bag is still at Slaps place.

Slaps : can you write something about the switch in this thread please?

Regards.

Mimic

31 May 2011, 13:23

yea thanks im ready :D

Saboteur

06 Jun 2011, 00:43

Ahhw man, how long we have to wait?
/me slaps slaps :P

edit: Ah, I see something is moving now...

MartZink

17 Jun 2011, 21:47

Hello, Today I have received the bag!
Thank you for sending it to me :)

OK, I will start writing my first impressions of the switches.
I will start With the ALPS and the the cherrie berries.

ALPS
Grey clicky:
Sound:This switch is clicky, it has a low pitched click (sounds like Clock Clock) Wich is very nice, it's tone is not as high as the Cherry Blue at all, It sounds more relaxed and smooth.
Feel: Compared to the Cherry Blue this switch has a larger tactile bump, it takes more force to push down both normal and tactile force. The tactile bump is not as crisp as the Cherry Blue and it feels a bit sloppy.
The overall feel of this switch is that it's a tad less crisp and it's not as smooth operating as the Cherry Blue.

White complicated dampened
Sound: The switch is non clicky and does not sound much at all, but there is a very small springy click when you release it. It's dampened so it doesn't make noise when bottoming out.
Feel: This switch does not feel crisp, it's got more of a smoothened out feel, a little spongy.
Compared to the Cherry Brown it has a shorter tactile bump, and requires more force overall.
The overall feel of this switch is that it's got a smooth spongy feel, and requires more force than a Cherry Brown.

Black complicated Nonclicky
Sound: Non clicky, but sounds as the White ALPS, a litte click when releasing. However this switch does not have dampening so it makes some noise when bottoming out.
Feel This switch feels less spongy than the white ALPS, a litte more crisp.
The tactile bump is the same but feels more crisp. Compared to the Cherry brown this switch requires more force, is less crisp, but has a much nicer and better pronounced tactile bump.
The overall feel of this switch is that it has the same feel as the White ALPS, but more crisp. Less crisp than Chery Brown. Has good tactile bump.

Cherry

Clear
Sound: Quiet, no click, just some friction noise.
Feel: It has a very big tactile bump, requires much force to overcome the bump. Does not feel as crisp as the other Cherry switches due to the force needed and the large tactile bump. Feels harder than the Cherry Black.
Feels very similar to the White ALPS, but has a larger tactile bump and requires more force.
Overall feel: Big tactile bump, Not as smooth as other Cherry, Big force needed.

Red
Sound: Non clicky, but makes much noise when bottomed out. Otherwise silent.
Feel: This switch is linear, it is very light, the only switch that i found was lighter is the Cherry Brown.
Cheey Blues Tactile bump makes it a tad harder to compress, all the other switches were harder.
Well, i cant really say much about the feel, it's light, crisp, no internal friction, much nicer than the blacks (at least I think so).
Overall feel: very light, feels nice and crisp.

Blue
Sound: This switch is very noisy, it has a loud click and makes some noise when bottomed out.
Makes more noise than the clicky ALPS.
Feel This switch does not require that much force, a litte more than the Cherry Brown.
It has a tactile bump that is well pronounced, but not too large. Is feels Crisper than the ALPS and Cherry Clear.
Overall feel: crisp, tactile, light.

Brown
Sound: Non clicky, but makes noise when bottomed out.
Feel: It is tactile, the bump feels almost exactly like the Cherry Blue, althouh this switch is lighter and feels smoother.
It does not feel linerar at all, you can feel the bump. Not as crisp to the feel as the Cherry Blue, but feels smooth and light.
Overall Feel: Light tactile, smooth

Black
Sound: Non clicky, but makes noise when bottomed out.
Feel: This switch is linear, heavier than the Cherry Red, smooth and nice feeling.
Overall feel: Linear, harder than Cherry Red.

ML
Sound: Non clicky but makes some friction noise. Does not sound much when bottomed out.
Feel: The tactileness feels like the Cherry Clear, but the switch is a little lighter, harder than Cherry brown and about the same as the ALPS. This switch does not feel crisp at all, a lot of internal friction friction, and feels rough. Not as crisp as Cherry brown.
Overall feel: Heavy, Tactile, Not crisp.

That is what i think. Please comment and such. I may update this later.

Mrinterface

18 Jun 2011, 11:00

What an excellent in-depth description of the switches. Thanx for that!

I was also wondering why it took so long before you got it... Europe mail I guess....

Regards.

MartZink

18 Jun 2011, 19:56

Mrinterface wrote:What an excellent in-depth description of the switches. Thanx for that!

I was also wondering why it took so long before you got it... Europe mail I guess....

Regards.
Thank you :)
This was my first ''review'' I've written, glad that you liked it.

The mail thing messed up a bit, I moved away from the adress it was sent to, so it took some time to get it to my new adress.

Mimic

27 Jun 2011, 11:00

So now on the way to me or...?

Mrinterface

27 Jun 2011, 11:12

@Mimic : Well, I gave MartZink your address and it should be in your mail soon. Europe mail is very quirky though...

Regards.

MartZink

30 Jun 2011, 01:11

Yes, it's on its way

Mimic

30 Jun 2011, 18:06

thanks i received it today and i wrote one thread in german, and posted it on a german forum, tomorrow i will write here something...

Return to “Keyboards”