Cannot decide between Cherry MX Blue and Brown!

Which mechanical switch is better for me?

Cherry MX Brown
50%
Cherry MX Blue
50%

Total votes: 28

nathanscribe

04 Mar 2014, 13:34

I've gone from Cherry blacks to BS to blues to browns to reds... mainly typing, less gaming these days. My entirely subjective and non-scientific findings are that reds are the ones I like typing on most, blacks for games. Blues are more an occasional thing for me now, I ended up disliking the action compared to linear but am not sure why, as I liked typing on BS as well and only sold my IBM boards for space reasons. As for browns, with apologies to the fans, I couldn't warm to them. They just felt... mushy, in a way. I prefer the cleaner tactiles.

As for caps, I don't know how much it is psychological, but I feel like there is a difference in use between stock thin ones like Filco come with, or the SP stuff, and good thick caps like vintage Cherry etc. Somehow the thicker caps feel more stable. How much this is quantifiable and how much made up I have no idea. Ha!
Last edited by nathanscribe on 04 Mar 2014, 23:27, edited 2 times in total.

bhtooefr

04 Mar 2014, 13:36

Matias Click. And you can get a ~75% layout, if space is a concern, although the switches are only currently used in keyboards with Mac layouts (unless you rebuild an Alps board around them), and the 75% is ANSI only (install the Apple keyboard drivers meant for using with Boot Camp on a Mac to make it work right on a PC).

I've not tried Matias Quiet Click, where there are PC versions.

akshat1984

15 May 2018, 12:31

I in love with cherry mx blues but have not tried cherry mx browns, but looking forward to buy one with browns. I want to ask that whether browns gives you a mushy feeling? Also what about these budget mechanical keyboards at https://graphicscardhub.com/best-mechan ... -under-50/. Are they really worth it?
Last edited by akshat1984 on 15 May 2018, 12:35, edited 1 time in total.

samuelcable

15 May 2018, 12:34

akshat1984 wrote: I in love with cherry mx blues but have not tried cherry mx brows but looking forward to buy one with browns. I want to ask that whether browns gives you a mushy felling?
I wouldn't describe it as mushy, there's a little bit of scratch but not overbearingly scratchy. they tend to feel better with a different spring

Return to “Keyboards”