Tulip g80-1800 alike switches?

daetsid

17 Feb 2014, 23:25

Any idea what switch does this keyboard have? Maybe white alps?

Seller doesn't want to pop up any key because he just doesn't want to cause any damage to the board.

webwit
Wild Duck

17 Feb 2014, 23:33

Ha, that's a nice Cherry 1800 clone. The big ass enter and keycaps gives it away.
I don't know, someone probably has it and can tell us, but that's not a bad guess for a big ass Enter Cherry clone.

kint

17 Feb 2014, 23:48

OTH you posted a Tulip board with Bigass Return x tiny BS with SMK switches:
http://deskthority.net/keyboards-f2/new ... ml#p110944
Usually I follow that lead, but since there are also rubberdome Bigass boards out there, and afair Tulip style boards come in all kinds of fashion, this is a hard guess.
I would minimize the risk and stay <20€ and just find out, mechanical is rather likely imo, because of the "pro" layout too. Unless you are really for a compact ALPS board at any cost - in that case I'ld harass the seller to pop a cap.

edit: i.e. the Qtronik Kt 30 has a similar layout, including the legend style, minus the trackball of course. LED label and case style differ too, but that's a Cherry (clone) board. so...
http://deskthority.net/wiki/Qtronix_KT-30M
Last edited by kint on 17 Feb 2014, 23:55, edited 1 time in total.

webwit
Wild Duck

17 Feb 2014, 23:54

Yeah Tulip ment nothing as a consistent hardware brand, they ordered all kind of random-ass Asian OEM with their stamp on it. This looks newer than my board so Alps is a more safe bet.

Daniel Beardsmore

18 Feb 2014, 00:07

daetsid wrote:Any idea what switch does this keyboard have? Maybe white alps?
I was going to suggest a rear label shot, but then I remembered that the great thing about Tulip is that they always used their own real labels, completely hiding the OEM. No FCC ID in Europe, nothing to give away any clues (they didn't reuse the OEM model number as some companies do, for example Dell, who preserve NMB ("RT") and Silitek ("SK") model numbers).

What I am trying to confirm, is whether the last two digits of the model number is the international dialling code for the country corresponding to the layout. I'm guessing that because mine are both ~44 which is the UK, while US layout ones end in 01. A rear label shot may at least further that cause, even if Tulip were very elusive about OEMs …

Kurk

18 Feb 2014, 08:04

My guess:
ALPS-compatible rubber dome switches and double shot ALPS-compatible caps with a stupid stabilizing system.

daetsid

21 Feb 2014, 15:26

Kurk wrote:My guess:
ALPS-compatible rubber dome switches and double shot ALPS-compatible caps with a stupid stabilizing system.

Winner!!!! Indeed just got the board and it is rubber dome with DS ALPS compatible caps...

Daniel Beardsmore

21 Feb 2014, 21:44

What's the model number and layout?

Return to “Keyboards”