Where can I get full 105 ISO with MX brown switches?

Omikron

27 Mar 2014, 17:49

I can build one but it would take too much time at this point.

I don't need special design or features . I just need ISO or JIS layout with brown switches in a good rectangle chassis.

Daniel Beardsmore

27 Mar 2014, 22:40

But not Filco?

foxtrott

27 Mar 2014, 22:55

WASD or Ducky .?

Muirium
µ

27 Mar 2014, 22:59

Indeed. As a keyboard builder myself, I must admit that next to no one does it compared to buying off the shelf!

If you're new to all this, Omikron, you could learn a bit from my Ducky review:

http://deskthority.net/news-reviews-f4/ ... t7130.html

The choice of which keyboard to get comes down to priorities and taste, ultimately.

Omikron

28 Mar 2014, 00:24

Thank you guys. Filco and Ducky are a bit hard to get in terms of additional costs and other reasons.

Muirium I've read your review some weeks ago, it felt pretty solid and helped me to move away from Ducky in terms of personal preference.

I'm considering Zowie Celeritas and WASD keyboard as my primary options but I'm open to other variants too.

Muirium
µ

28 Mar 2014, 00:47

Glad to be helpful. Ducky's stuff has character, let's put it that way!

The Zowie looks fairly clean. I quite like an all white board, in fact. Interesting to see big ass return, this day and age. Beware: it will make caps upgrades a real pain. Even Round 5 has no return for that. I like the short right shift though.

WASD's customisability is awesome. I gave them consideration when starting out, too. But shipping & import tax here put me off. And then I fell for fancy spherical caps…

Omikron

28 Mar 2014, 01:01

The big ass enter is a real trouble indeed. I haven't seen any custom keycap of this shape but the layout is tempting since it has no duplicate keys. It has good sized shifts and large backspace.
Last edited by Omikron on 28 Mar 2014, 01:31, edited 1 time in total.

imbattable

28 Mar 2014, 01:16

I read somwhere that their keycaps are really ass though. Apparently the nylon draws dirt very fast and becomes gray.

Omikron

28 Mar 2014, 02:33

imbattable wrote:I read somwhere that their keycaps are really ass though. Apparently the nylon draws dirt very fast and becomes gray.
As far as I know it's all about porous structure that gets greasy and dirty. But there is simple solution -isopropyl alcohol. 1-2 wipes and it is just as new.

rindorbrot

29 Mar 2014, 10:40

The big ass enter on the zowie is only in ANSI layout. ISO is completely standard like a filco.
Only thing that differs is the spacebar. It has the stem spacing of a Leopold. So only SPs universal spacebars will fit on it.

Return to “Keyboards”