KBT Pure Pro - Caps lock blinking, keyboard won't work

vedranius

01 Apr 2014, 19:35

So, I got my QWERKey today and I removed ESC keycap, put keycap from QWERKey, and after like 10 minutes keyboard stopped working... :O

Not sure that this is somehow related to QWERKey or what but it's pretty funny how this happened after that... :P

Tried on 4 PCs and on iPad Mini too and it's the same...

Any idea what might have happened when I was pulling a keycap? :/

Also, anyone knows how to get to their support? Any e-mail or something, or only contacting Vortex through FaceBook? :O

Tnx!

Muirium
µ

01 Apr 2014, 19:43

Blinking caps lock? Odd. I don't have a KBT so this is a wild guess: could it be in firmware update mode? Try holding down ESC again for a whole minute. Maybe that's the hotkey?

vedranius

01 Apr 2014, 19:57

Yes, when PC is booting up CAPS-LOCK is shining normally, and when it boots up then it starts blinking... :O

As KBT Pure Pro has programming abilities, I tried reseting it to default settings with FN+R but failed...

No idea...

vedranius

03 Apr 2014, 00:44

Vortex's customer support is really really bad, only messages through FaceBook to get this reply:
"All the key can not work or only capslock?"
not sure what to do now...

Any ideas?

Thanks! :/

Muirium
µ

03 Apr 2014, 00:49

Q: "All the key can not work or only caps lock?"
A: All keys can not work!

vedranius

03 Apr 2014, 00:52

Muirium wrote:Q: "All the key can not work or only caps lock?"
A: All keys can not work!
^^ that :cry:

vedranius

07 Apr 2014, 17:27

And as you might guess, no reply from Vortex, none.

And here is the video, share it everywhere for people to see, and how bad Vortex's customer support is, sadly.

I'm really disappointed by their N/A-customer-support, tho I really enjoy their keyboards and I do hope so that they'll improve their customer support...

Video: www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQ0tcq3jxu4

quantalume

07 Apr 2014, 21:28

That's a shame, really. Is it possible the ESC key got mashed permanently "on" when you changed the keycap? I'm thinking the firmware might do a scan for matrix shorts when powering up. I believe those switches are plate mounted, so you'd have to remove the case to check for shorts.

vedranius

08 Apr 2014, 02:52

quantalume wrote:That's a shame, really. Is it possible the ESC key got mashed permanently "on" when you changed the keycap? I'm thinking the firmware might do a scan for matrix shorts when powering up. I believe those switches are plate mounted, so you'd have to remove the case to check for shorts.
Maybe, tho I don't want to open the case before I get any reply from Vortex.

Sugoi

08 Apr 2014, 17:23

quantalume wrote:...I believe those switches are plate mounted, so you'd have to remove the case to check for shorts.
The switches are PCB-mounted so that you can try opening the respective switch to see if it's the error source.
Last edited by Sugoi on 08 Apr 2014, 17:36, edited 2 times in total.

vedranius

08 Apr 2014, 17:31

Sugoi wrote:
quantalume wrote:...I believe those switches are plate mounted, so you'd have to remove the case to check for shorts.
The switches are PCB-mounted so that you can try opening the respective switch to see if it's the error source.
So, what are you trying to say is that I should open that ESC switch and see if something is broken?
Any video, tutorial how to do that? Tho, I'd rather wait to see some reply from Vortex as I have at least 10 months of warranty...
Thanks!

Sugoi

08 Apr 2014, 17:40

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSOfjSF5I3s

Remove the upper part of the switch including the spring and the stem and boot up the computer. If you still get the same problem I assume that something else is causing this.

vedranius

09 Apr 2014, 18:43

Hi all!
After lots and lots of messages I sent to Vortex, finally I got a reply from them through e-mail.
And yes, it solved my problem!
It was the firmware problem, they sent me a software for flashing a firmware to the keyboard, and after I flashed it works fine, and it even saved my programmed keys (switched LCTRL with LSHIFT).
And if someone gets this problem in future, here are the files for you to download: https://mega.co.nz/#!gQ5wHayA!_mMOhKC8o ... f6XLKYclxM

Many thanks to everyone that tried to help with this problem, and still, many thanks to Vortex, tho I'd like a better way of contacting their customer support, then through FaceBook :P

And also, this is their e-mail: vortex.jc [at] gmail [dot] com

After I got this files, I'm wondering is there a way to make your custom firmware .bin to actually arrange the layout of the keyboard as you want and flash it like that. As for example I'd like that my LSHIFT and LCTRL are switched in default, without needing to turn ON FN, any way of doing this?
Attachments
KBTPurePro_FirwmareFlash.zip
(654.06 KiB) Downloaded 164 times

t!ng
Awake Sheep

29 Apr 2016, 19:48

Necro bump!

Good question with the bin file. I was not able to open it readable (tried notepad++).

Return to “Keyboards”