TeX Yoda, just perfect !

mr_peck

26 May 2014, 20:13

yoda.jpg
yoda.jpg (581.92 KiB) Viewed 1282 times
I've received the TeX Yoda today. Here are my firsts impressions :

Package:
The packaging is good. The case is the Beetle one.
The package contains some modifier keycaps (control on caps lock for exemple), 3 trackpoint tips and a cool usb cable.

Usage:
The keyboard is pleasant to use. With the default settings the trackpoint is too sensitive. So i reduced the sensivity in the GNOME settings and now it's perfect. I've used the DIP switchs to set Fn key on the caps lock and switch the keycaps. I'm eager to received the round 5 keycaps to mount bépo caps !

:twisted:

User avatar
Muirium
µ

26 May 2014, 20:15

The body looks interesting: what's it made of? And that looks like a Command symbol on one of your mods, which would explain the mouse sensitivity thing too: Mac user! (Hi!)

User avatar
Icarium

26 May 2014, 20:19

Muirium wrote:which would explain the mouse sensitivity thing too: Mac user!
He said Gnome settings, so probably Linux.

User avatar
Muirium
µ

26 May 2014, 20:22

Ah, good catch! Too much of the good stuff this fine holiday. I guess Command is just a less irritating placeholder, then, for the Microsoft Surface logo or whatever it's called these days!

mr_peck

26 May 2014, 20:40

Muirium wrote:Ah, good catch! Too much of the good stuff this fine holiday. I guess Command is just a less irritating placeholder, then, for the Microsoft Surface logo or whatever it's called these days!
Good guess !

User avatar
daedalus
Buckler Of Springs

26 May 2014, 21:48

Icarium wrote:
Muirium wrote:which would explain the mouse sensitivity thing too: Mac user!
He said Gnome settings, so probably Linux.
Also note the Thinkpad X201 (I think) behind the keyboard ;)

Can't wait to receive mine!

User avatar
Halvar

27 May 2014, 05:04

I like how you write TEX as TeX, as in Knuth... Some kind of autocorrect function in your mind, I guess... :D

mr_peck

27 May 2014, 09:18

daedalus wrote:
Icarium wrote:
Muirium wrote:which would explain the mouse sensitivity thing too: Mac user!
He said Gnome settings, so probably Linux.
Also note the Thinkpad X201 (I think) behind the keyboard ;)

Can't wait to receive mine!
Yes an old good X201 !

mr_peck

27 May 2014, 09:20

Hum i've forgotten to say that the trackpoint keys have a little to much travel. It's normal because it's standard Cherry MX but i will think to reduce the travel for these 3 switchs.

Post Reply

Return to “Keyboards”