Lego Keyboard

Icarium

18 Jun 2014, 15:51

Pretty lame since it uses the domes of a salvaged keyboard but still...

http://jkbrickworks.com/lego-computer-keyboard/

Wiper

18 Jun 2014, 16:19

Aye, it's basically just a (presumably somewhat uncomfortable) shell for a membrane keyboard, but it is a cute idea, and must have been an enjoyable piece of work.

I've always liked the idea of making a Lego case for a keyboard; cost and the awkward size (height and width of the keyboard needing to be close to a multiple of 8mm for a good fit) have always put me off, though. I'm considering making one to fit a Poker-sized board (specifically a Pure Pro), though, as the smaller size at least makes the cost less prohibitive - still unsure as to the sizing though, I'll need to take mine apart and see how well a Lego-scale case could fit the PCB and plate.

Grond

18 Jun 2014, 16:25

Halverson

19 Jun 2014, 09:30

Wiper wrote:Aye, it's basically just a (presumably somewhat uncomfortable) shell for a membrane keyboard, but it is a cute idea, and must have been an enjoyable piece of work.

I've always liked the idea of making a Lego case for a keyboard; cost and the awkward size (height and width of the keyboard needing to be close to a multiple of 8mm for a good fit) have always put me off, though. I'm considering making one to fit a Poker-sized board (specifically a Pure Pro), though, as the smaller size at least makes the cost less prohibitive - still unsure as to the sizing though, I'll need to take mine apart and see how well a Lego-scale case could fit the PCB and plate.
I don't have links on hand, but if you search around Geek Hack, there are several folks who have made Lego poker cases. I'm not sure if any were posted over here on DT.

Wiper

19 Jun 2014, 13:30

Ah, excellent I'll have a trawl through GH when I get a chance and try to pick up on any potential pitfalls in advance. Thanks for the heads up!

Muirium
µ

19 Jun 2014, 14:02

Not all of us read all the keyboard forums. So there's nothing wrong with posting things here that are already on GH (well, some of the cross posted ads that people do with broken markup are annoying, but news is different).

Reposting something that was here already was a bit sloppy, though. But easily done.

Return to “Keyboards”