Keytronic ergoforce

beltet

21 Aug 2014, 21:07

Hi all!
I found an Keytronic ergoforce NIB on a flea market today.
I know, its rubber dome. But in my opinion this is one of the best rubber domes that you can find.
The odd thing is that this is a US ANSI with big ass enter and I found it in Sweden.
Anyway... What do you think and what's your opinion on the board. Will try to scan manuals and such for the wiki.(BTW, can anyone edit the wiki?)
Here's some pictures:

Edit: Sry for the picture quality and alignment. Have only my phone ATM...

Edit2: added img tags.
Last edited by beltet on 21 Aug 2014, 22:20, edited 1 time in total.

Muirium
µ

21 Aug 2014, 21:59

Wrap [img] tags around those so they show up inline. There's a button in the post editor…

ne0phyte
Toast.

21 Aug 2014, 22:10

Muirium wrote: Wrap [img] tags around those so they show up inline. There's a button in the post editor…
But you have to add a .jpg (or whatever type it is) to the links for that ;)

beltet

21 Aug 2014, 22:23

Muirium wrote: Wrap [img] tags around those so they show up inline. There's a button in the post editor…
Sry for that, did it one phone becasue i'm on vacation. but manage to get hold on a computer to edit it.
Will try to make better images when I get back from vacation. Hope you can overlook the "picture problem" atm.

EDIT: Omg... It looks terrible... Anyway, sry for that. I don't have any oppertunity to make it better atm.

Edit2: When I come back from vacation i will take better pictures, maybe open it up, and scan the manuals. Is anyone interested in this?

Muirium
µ

22 Aug 2014, 00:48

Far from the worst pictures I've seen posted here… so long as you tip your head to one side! Don't see wedge shaped boxes like that these days, or as 1990s artwork!

beltet

22 Aug 2014, 07:59

Muirium wrote: Don't see wedge shaped boxes like that these days, or as 1990s artwork!
Isn't that a good thing? ;)

Kurk

22 Aug 2014, 08:24

These Keytronics are indeed descent boards. The best feature is that all caps have the same profile. Great for testing other layouts like Dvorak or Colemak.

beltet

22 Aug 2014, 15:51

Kurk wrote: These Keytronics are indeed descent boards. The best feature is that all caps have the same profile. Great for testing other layouts like Dvorak or Colemak.
That I didn't know. That's a good "feature". Been thinking a little bit if I should learn to use Dvorak. But seems like a big step.

Muirium
µ

22 Aug 2014, 18:14

It is indeed. And the wrong one. Go with Colemak, it's more optimised and less radically different from qwerty, simultaneously.

beltet

23 Aug 2014, 12:26

Muirium wrote: It is indeed. And the wrong one. Go with Colemak, it's more optimised and less radically different from qwerty, simultaneously.
Even for non English users?

Muirium
µ

23 Aug 2014, 12:36

Neither of them are designed with Swedish (or any non-English language) in mind. Even so, I suspect Colemak is still better in that circumstance since Dvorak is so radical. A lot of your Qwerty muscle memory (especially on the bottom row) still works in Colemak, which is a real help for common keyboard shortcuts. Dvorak was designed for typewriters, not computers.

There are alternate layouts for non-English languages, of course. If you were French, I'd suggest Bépo, as I can remember the name. Forum user Vierax is really into it.

Here's a rundown of more than just a handful of layouts, that I happened to find while searching for that picture. As usual, Swedish gets the barest of mentions. I presume that's the language you're looking to optimise for, given your location?

http://xahlee.info/kbd/dvorak_and_all_k ... youts.html

davkol

25 Aug 2014, 11:30

There are like five Swedish DSK-like layouts, see Wikipedia… and Colemak sucks. ~_^

andrewjoy

25 Aug 2014, 11:48

i always wanted to learn a new layout, but to be fair i only 4 finger type on qwerty, i have been trying to learn to touch type correctly but to no avail anyone got any tips

i can do it but i am so much slower

davkol

25 Aug 2014, 12:22

Then stick with it and your speed will eventually increase. Or maybe learn to touch type on some layout more modern than from the 1870s, while keeping your "circling eagle" QWERTY technique just in case.

Return to “Keyboards”