Budget mx brown keyboard

neverused

26 Oct 2014, 18:55

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone has a suggestion for a good ten-key keyboard with mx brown switches? My budget isn't large, perhaps around $100 but backlighting would be great and worth extra.

Thanks for your help!

crunch

26 Oct 2014, 20:03

I would recommend a CM Storm Quickfire Rapid or if you want backlighting the Rapid I.

CM Pim
Cooler Master Rep

27 Oct 2014, 17:14

The CM Storm QuickFire Rapid-I is a nice tenkeyless keyboard. Also the backlighting (ActivLite) receives new firmware updates, so new lightning effects will be added in the future. :D

Hypersphere

27 Oct 2014, 18:16

I had a CM QFR Stealth with mx greens that I liked. Difficult to beat CM TKLs for the price.

Other good TKLs include those made by Filco, WASD, and Kul. The WASD Code is backlit.

neverused

28 Oct 2014, 00:41

Thank you for the quick replies. Are there more suggestions for full-size keyboards?

Hypersphere

28 Oct 2014, 00:54

CM also makes full-size boards.

The only standard full-size I have used is an IBM Model M 101-key. I've tried almost every Cherry mx switch, and I have yet to find one that I like enough to keep. My favorites are IBM buckling spring (Model M and Model F), Topre 45g (RF 87ub 45 and HHKB Pro 2), and Topre 55g (RF 87ub 55g).

Cherry1990

29 Oct 2014, 22:33

If you live in Europe: QPAD. Mk-50 is a pure keyboard, without lights and things like that. Or the Mk-70 for the lights.
Keyboard layout is different from Filco & co. but equal to Topre.
Shipment to Europe is also good. For two keyboards it is free. I tried MX Brown, Red and Black. For me the best are the Brown.

Return to “Keyboards”