Topre PBT Spacebars

Spikebolt
√(4) != -2

21 May 2015, 22:33

It already tipped on MD, so at least 650 spacebars. Not bad for the first day.

Muirium
µ

21 May 2015, 22:34

Well done Matt!

They never have enough brackets for when things really take off!

pyrelink

22 May 2015, 06:47

Awesome! Great job making this happen Matt. Can't wait.

benichka

22 May 2015, 07:46

Only 1 HHKB so far but ordered all the colors :D Anyway the mimimum was $35 so... :lol:

Thank you matt3o!

matt3o
-[°_°]-

22 May 2015, 08:14

thanks everybody for making this a successful buy! It took us months to square this circle, but at the end is paying off. Don't get too exited though... we are still far from the target. People ordered less than the "purchase intent" on an average so far.

also

this is all very unofficial... but... it seems Topre raised an eyebrow and we are chit-chatting about a possible collaboration for the future.

pyrelink

22 May 2015, 08:28

Topre... Chitchatting? :o That sounds interesting.

benichka

22 May 2015, 08:29

matt3o wrote: People ordered less than the "purchase intent" on an average so far.
What's this minimum?
matt3o wrote: this is all very unofficial... but... it seems Topre raised an eyebrow and we are chit-chatting about a possible collaboration for the future.
Another good news :mrgreen:

Findecanor

22 May 2015, 08:37

What is the story with the 1×1 bottom row keys? I wouldn't mind replacing the Windows Vista keys.

BTW, Fuck Massdrop. They screwed me on the tax for the ErgoDox a couple of years ago. I had hoped that it would have been a regular group buy.

Madhias
BS TORPE

22 May 2015, 08:41

At least with Massdrop you always reach high tier sales. I had twice a problem with them too, putting wrong value numbers on the shipping box. Customer service was nice though, but it was not easy in the end.

Topre Enthusiast

22 May 2015, 08:58

This will be my first experience with Massdrop. Hopefully it goes well.
I bought 3 of each type :D

Spikebolt
√(4) != -2

22 May 2015, 11:00

matt3o wrote: thanks everybody for making this a successful buy! It took us months to square this circle, but at the end is paying off. Don't get too exited though... we are still far from the target. People ordered less than the "purchase intent" on an average so far.

also

this is all very unofficial... but... it seems Topre raised an eyebrow and we are chit-chatting about a possible collaboration for the future.
It's sad that MD tipping system can't be a bit more accurate. To the people who didn't follow the IC and all it feels like the drop is successful when in reality there is a long way ahead. Is there any way they can increase and decrease the number of required orders on a daily (for instance) basis in order to more accurately reflect the status of the drop?

matt3o
-[°_°]-

22 May 2015, 11:30

just to be clear. the GB already tipped and you are getting what you paid for. no question about that.

the problem is that margin is incredibly low and I pushed for 7.50 per key instead of 9.50. So if we could reach 1000 per color I would feel better

benichka

22 May 2015, 11:44

matt3o wrote: just to be clear. the GB already tipped and you are getting what you paid for. no question about that.

the problem is that margin is incredibly low and I pushed for 7.50 per key instead of 9.50. So if we could reach 1000 per color I would feel better
OK... 1000 per color :D Dang... So that's about 2000 subscribers (rather "orders") minimum :')

Don't worry for the "getting what you paid for" thing :P I'm just asking because I'm curious, not because I'm worrying about that :D

sth
2 girls 1 cuprubber

22 May 2015, 11:50

anyone in NL want to jump on my order? I can meet you somewhere or send via postnl ;)

cinnamoncider

22 May 2015, 13:53

matt3o wrote: it seems Topre raised an eyebrow and we are chit-chatting about a possible collaboration for the future.
This might woke them up https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyb ... nned_from/ :lol:

imbattable

22 May 2015, 14:33

This ripster guy seems to be pretty desperate for attention. Who is that? I have heard the name before but he apparently is only active reddit but used to be active here and on GH.

Ascaii
The Beard

22 May 2015, 15:10

imbattable wrote: This ripster guy seems to be pretty desperate for attention. Who is that? I have heard the name before but he apparently is only active reddit but used to be active here and on GH.
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=ripster+site%3Adeskthority.net

Muirium
µ

22 May 2015, 15:28

Search engines generally suck for finding you a long old story. But in this case they might find you Ripster's own wiki all about himself! Just remember to bring a salt shaker. And a sickbag.

XMIT
[ XMIT ]

22 May 2015, 17:16

Anyone using LMGTFY for links gets a 50% surcharge in my keyboard store! :evil:

Sorry, pet peeve. People at work do this too and it really irks me. Yes we've all read http://xkcd.com/627/. Sometimes there is value in going to a primary source. Remember that Google, much like Wikipedia, is not authoritative.

DanielT
Un petit village gaulois d'Armorique…

22 May 2015, 18:43

I hoped so much I wouldn't have to deal with MD again and get arsed by them, I almost got robbed on the Granite drop, I was lucky and had help (thank you so much ;) ) . But when I filled the purchaise intent form I commited to buy so I will buy some next week after I cash my paycheck, because my HHKB deserves this :)
But if the future is MD I'm out :( It seems like all the GB's are oriented more towards US market and EU is just an apendix. Getting stuff from outside EU is a pain, I have to bargain with the customs for every little package, even for a couple of free caps :( I'm sorry but this is how I feel.

Stabilized

22 May 2015, 18:58

DanielT wrote: I hoped so much I wouldn't have to deal with MD again and get arsed by them, I almost got robbed on the Granite drop, I was lucky and had help (thank you so much ;) )
From what I heard the Granite sets were charged extra on customs because they were marked incorrectly by Massdrop, is that correct?
What happened with your order of Granite?

Personally I only use them if they are the only source of something I really want, like this GB.

Muirium
µ

22 May 2015, 19:09

MassDrop's great at putting money on the table, and getting something made.

Alas, they're on the wrong side of our European wall of customs duties. And, as Americans, they really don't need to give a flying duck about it. We're a slim minority of their sales, and all our countries have such complex rules and different kinds of bribes. It's way beyond their need to care.

We should really band together and sort it out ourselves.

Which is what DanielT (and Alin and I) did with Granite, fortunately. By having friends in America.

XMIT
[ XMIT ]

22 May 2015, 19:11

I can be a friend in America. :D

Though, you'll need to earn my friendship by buying a keyboard too. :evilgeek:

I don't mind sending over the occasional item.

Muirium
µ

22 May 2015, 19:13

I've already got a guy, thanks XMIT. And he's already storing my purchases from Cindy for me!

DanielT

22 May 2015, 19:17

They highjacked my money, locked twice the ammount from my card and released the money only a month later, and it wasn't pocket change ... and I was lucky the RGB sets were delayed and I found out they declared the value the wrong way and had enough time to ask for help and proxy via an US DT member.

matt3o
-[°_°]-

22 May 2015, 19:24

DanielT wrote: They highjacked my money, locked twice the ammount from my card and released the money only a month later, and it wasn't pocket change ... and I was lucky the RGB sets were delayed and I found out they declared the value the wrong way and had enough time to ask for help and proxy via an US DT member.
that is insane.

I really don't like how MD handle intl orders and I wish I could find an alternative, until then...

DanielT

22 May 2015, 20:27

Old story, learned my lesson :( Maybe at some point Europe will have it's own system. I will avoid MD for expensive stuff.
Anyway thanks for making this real ;) It will be nice to have full PBT on my HHKB, considering this is the board I use at work 5 days a week, 8-9 hours a day.

Muirium
µ

22 May 2015, 20:35

Worn a dent in the ABS spacebar with all that use? I fear that on mine. Plus yellowing.

DanielT

22 May 2015, 20:48

Muirium wrote: Worn a dent in the ABS spacebar with all that use? I fear that on mine. Plus yellowing.
Nope :) Not even a shine spot :) It seems that my fingers are ABS friendly. My spacebar looks almost like new, only a little dirty, I should take it home for cleaning.

Muirium
µ

22 May 2015, 21:03

Lucky! I shine up anything ABS once I've used it for a while. I don't mind shine on smaller keys, but large ones look ugly when it's not even.

Return to “Keyboards”