No votes
13. cookie (Germany)
1%

Total votes: 67

Bramster
Cooler Master Employee

08 Jan 2016, 13:37

Hey Everyone!

The NovaTouch TKL has gone all across the European continent and is on it today arrived back to me! And actually I have to say guys you took good care of it! I expected to receive it back in worse conditions! Guess we made a quality keyboard :mrgreen:

So, who in your opinion made the best impression or review? Who was the most creative, or had the best insight? Who deserves to win a NovaTouch TKL? Voting per the Poll right here!!

Voting can be done until the 18th!! After that I will dispatch a brand new NovaTouch TKL to the winner 8-)

Only thing remaining for me to say is thank you for participating and involving activly in the tour thread!

TuxKey
LLAP

11 Jan 2016, 16:28

CM Bram wrote:
Only thing remaining for me to say is thank you for participating and involving activly in the tour thread!
Apparently i missed this EU Tour.. :cry: :cry:

A while back i tried the NovaTouch from a reseller here in Netherland called Informatique.
http://www.informatique.nl/545374/cm-st ... h-tkl.html

After seeing the commercial clip on youtube ..I was pumped !! hahahah
It seemed more like a teaser for a new StarTrek movie than a commercial ahhaha..
Please give my compliments to whomever had a hand in that great production..
https://youtu.be/2rJ9f0BH8kw

Well as mentioned earlier i tried the NovaTouch for a second standing in a store..
While a kid working there was hovering over me and my wife like a vulture..
He was apparently amassed by the price and level of packaging, he also had no clue what a key-cap puller was.
Until my wife told him "That's a key-cap puller" hahahha :) Can you imagine a girl that has no intrest in anything having to do with tech or keyboards telling someone that works at a computer store what a key-cap puller is for ?? dear god !!

Well he put the keyboard on the counter top and i had 1second to type on it..Like that would be any help.
So the keyboard felt a bit light and flimsy to tell you the truth..

Many people told me that i should't judge a keyboard having used it for a second.. :|
And in truth i do agree with that..

I tried the Leopold FC660C and loved it..But what i don't like is the fact that i would have to pay $140 just to get a keycap set.. That's outrageously expensive..

So i do like the compatibility with mx keycaps..
Perhaps with sum modding like silencing the NovaTouch could be a winner..
Alas i missed this EU tour...

I'm considering the RealForce 87U and the Leopold FC660C.
There is a Tour for a full size RealForce perhaps i'l give that a try..

Wil you be opening a new tour ??

scottc

11 Jan 2016, 16:38

Hahah, wow, that Novatouch ad is something else. I half-expected something like "NOVATOUCH TKL -- RETURN OF THE DOMES" at the end.

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

11 Jan 2016, 16:42

scottc wrote: Hahah, wow, that Novatouch ad is something else. I half-expected something like "NOVATOUCH TKL -- RETURN OF THE DOMES" at the end.
From what I've been reading the real line should be "NOVATOUCH TKL -- THE RATTLE IS STRONG WITH THESE DOMES". :mrgreen:

Bramster
Cooler Master Employee

12 Jan 2016, 13:44

samsam wrote:
CM Bram wrote:
Apparently i missed this EU Tour.. :cry: :cry:

A while back i tried the NovaTouch from a reseller here in Netherland called Informatique.
http://www.informatique.nl/545374/cm-st ... h-tkl.html

After seeing the commercial clip on youtube ..I was pumped !! hahahah
It seemed more like a teaser for a new StarTrek movie than a commercial ahhaha..
Please give my compliments to whomever had a hand in that great production..
https://youtu.be/2rJ9f0BH8kw

Well as mentioned earlier i tried the NovaTouch for a second standing in a store..
While a kid working there was hovering over me and my wife like a vulture..
He was apparently amassed by the price and level of packaging, he also had no clue what a key-cap puller was.
Until my wife told him "That's a key-cap puller" hahahha :) Can you imagine a girl that has no intrest in anything having to do with tech or keyboards telling someone that works at a computer store what a key-cap puller is for ?? dear god !!

Well he put the keyboard on the counter top and i had 1second to type on it..Like that would be any help.
So the keyboard felt a bit light and flimsy to tell you the truth..

Many people told me that i should't judge a keyboard having used it for a second.. :|
And in truth i do agree with that..

I tried the Leopold FC660C and loved it..But what i don't like is the fact that i would have to pay $140 just to get a keycap set.. That's outrageously expensive..

So i do like the compatibility with mx keycaps..
Perhaps with sum modding like silencing the NovaTouch could be a winner..
Alas i missed this EU tour...

I'm considering the RealForce 87U and the Leopold FC660C.
There is a Tour for a full size RealForce perhaps i'l give that a try..

Wil you be opening a new tour ??

I loved reading your story! And since you mentioned Informatique I am assuming you are from NL? If so, our EU HQ is actually located in Eindhoven, NL and also we have a CM corner in the local paradigit just arround the corner where you can also have a moment to test the NovaTouch TKL!

Plans for a second tour, not yet, but if the interest is there, why not? :mrgreen:

TuxKey
LLAP

14 Jan 2016, 15:11

CM Bram wrote:
I loved reading your story! And since you mentioned Informatique I am assuming you are from NL? If so, our EU HQ is actually located in Eindhoven, NL and also we have a CM corner in the local paradigit just arround the corner where you can also have a moment to test the NovaTouch TKL!

Plans for a second tour, not yet, but if the interest is there, why not? :mrgreen:
Thx for your reply..

Yes i live in NL In "Den Haag" Near the cost actually. That's 1,5 so 3hours drive from Eindhoven.
Also i find ParaDigit to be expensive. Thy want €180 for the NovaTouch thats $195 !!
Nuts if you ask me, that's as much as a new RealForce 87U.
Not all stores are this crazy mind you ..Others sell it for €125 thats $136 a bit better..
I know i know there is something like recommended retail price , and so forth doesn't really matter ;)
Let's continue..

So yesterday i bought the Leopold FC660C topre keyboard because i love the Size.. And i own the FC660M with mx-clears.

There are a couple things on my mind i wish to share with you and of course anyone reading this post :D .
As mentioned i had a brief moment typing on the NovaTouch and that wasn't a real good experience mainly because of the setting and the short time..

But after reading this post and seeing earlier posts in regards to modding i Started to see the a different site of the NovaTouch..

According to a couple of people these rings really improve the feel and sound of the NovaTouch
http://deskthority.net/help-f53/silenci ... 10051.html

And there is a keycap set that is supposedly the best one to use with this keyboard..
"Signature Plastics SA profile Thick ABS"
https://youtu.be/v93601o3FKA
Adding sum dampening material this keyboard could possibly be the greatest invention since sliced bread hahaha :ugeek:

In summary To mod this keyboard the way i would do..Would cost you an additional;

$50 best Keycaps for this board
$65 Topre rings
$30 Silens material like VibraFlex mats to cut and stick to the inside of the case.

Total $145 on top of the Store Price..So if the NovaTouch were around $110 it would be ideal for a pimp up mod project like this.. Competing and surpassing the likes of RealForce And Leopold ..

Because one awesome thing about the NovaTouch is that you can use Stock Cherry mx caps..

I would even go so far an try to trow in a teensy to make if fully programable using a OpenSource solution provided by the guys from InputClub.. So no need for expensive R&D hahaha..

Well that's my view of this keyboard with great Potential.. Of course it would take a great deal of time and effort..
But it would be like modding your Case..

matt3o
-[°_°]-

19 Jan 2016, 15:13

It doesn't take a genius to see that something fishy is going on with this poll. We checked the database and the results have been indeed tampered. CoolerMaster have been alerted.

sphinx
Major Bummer

19 Jan 2016, 15:47

matt3o wrote: It doesn't take a genius to see that something fishy is going on with this poll. We checked the database and the results have been indeed tampered. CoolerMaster have been alerted.
I asked a lot of coworkers and friends to vote for me, but looks like i didn't have enough friends :(

But it was all 100% real people that registered and voted.

Spikebolt
√(4) != -2

19 Jan 2016, 15:57

matt3o wrote: It doesn't take a genius to see that something fishy is going on with this poll. We checked the database and the results have been indeed tampered. CoolerMaster have been alerted.
It's obvious that I shared this on facebook and asked a lot of people to vote for myself but I'm not sure you can consider this as "tampering" the results :\
Last edited by Spikebolt on 19 Jan 2016, 15:57, edited 1 time in total.

Muirium
µ

19 Jan 2016, 15:57

Eurovision was cooler when each nation still had a jury…

matt3o
-[°_°]-

19 Jan 2016, 16:15

multiple votes come from the same IP, most votes come from 0-post users. I alerted Bram, he will proceed at his discretion. if he is okay with it, I'm okay with it.

We could group the votes by IP, or we could exclude 0-post users. Up to him. He asked to check on this, so we did.

nodehakah

19 Jan 2016, 16:19

Excluding 0-post users is a good way to go imho :P

pfcgeraldes

19 Jan 2016, 16:22

nodehakah wrote: Excluding 0-post users is a good way to go imho :P
I totally agree

Muirium
µ

19 Jan 2016, 16:22

One upside: this is a learning experience for how to prevent vote gaming in the future. I'd like to have a fix in software: accounts can only vote if they were registered before a poll began. But I'd like a unicorn too, and I'm sure I never asked for this 12 inch pianist that keeps following me around…

sphinx
Major Bummer

19 Jan 2016, 16:24

Muirium wrote: One upside: this is a learning experience for how to prevent vote gaming in the future. I'd like to have a fix in software: accounts can only vote if they were registered before a poll began. But I'd like a unicorn too, and I'm sure I never asked for this 12 inch pianist that keeps following me around…
Usually forums only let you vote after you have a certain amount of posts

matt3o
-[°_°]-

19 Jan 2016, 16:26

unicorns are heinous!

f4810

19 Jan 2016, 16:30

Well I voted for sphinx as well and we are from the same IP, as we work on the same company. IP grouping wouldn't be wise, I'd say.

Although I do think 0-posts or accounts created before the poll are both two good metrics to filter out some votes.

Muirium
µ

19 Jan 2016, 16:31

Re: zero post voting. Most forums are kinda shitty, mind. We give brand new users a lot of rights here, instead of discriminating against them. If they go wrong, we set Mr. Tipro on them!

matt3o
-[°_°]-

19 Jan 2016, 16:33

f4810 wrote: Well I voted for sphinx as well and we are from the same IP, as we work on the same company. IP grouping wouldn't be wise, I'd say.

Although I do think 0-posts or accounts created before the poll are both two good metrics to filter out some votes.
14 votes coming from the same IP all new users. c'mon! :D we can show proof

sphinx
Major Bummer

19 Jan 2016, 16:33

matt3o wrote:
f4810 wrote: Well I voted for sphinx as well and we are from the same IP, as we work on the same company. IP grouping wouldn't be wise, I'd say.

14 votes coming from the same IP all new users. c'mon! :D we can show proof
They are all real people i swear.. You have no idea the amount of beers i owe this people now..

razuke

19 Jan 2016, 16:34

matt3o wrote: multiple votes come from the same IP, most votes come from 0-post users. I alerted Bram, he will proceed at his discretion. if he is okay with it, I'm okay with it.

We could group the votes by IP, or we could exclude 0-post users. Up to him. He asked to check on this, so we did.
I think Grouping votes by IP is unfair since users may be at the same place. :)

matt3o
-[°_°]-

19 Jan 2016, 16:39

Bram didn't enforced any rule to begin with. It's actually his fault. Still, this is the pretty clear situation.

At the very least I believe he should drop 0-posts user votes, but it's totally up to him. I did a ballpark estimate and without new users the votes are like 5 total (spread within the two).

kbdfr
The Tiproman

19 Jan 2016, 16:41

Muirium wrote: Re: zero post voting. Most forums are kinda shitty, mind. We give brand new users a lot of rights here, instead of discriminating against them. If they go wrong, we set Mr. Tipro on them!
No way. Anybody wanting to be able to influence a poll in the future can register an account and post a few times ("nice board", "love that pic" and the like).
sphinx wrote: […] They are all real people i swear.. You have no idea the amount of beers i owe this people now..
I would say this is a fair definition for vote tampering :lol:

sphinx
Major Bummer

19 Jan 2016, 16:42

kbdfr wrote:
Muirium wrote: Re: zero post voting. Most forums are kinda shitty, mind. We give brand new users a lot of rights here, instead of discriminating against them. If they go wrong, we set Mr. Tipro on them!
No way. Anybody wanting to be able to influence a poll in the future can register an account and post a few times ("nice board", "love that pic" and the like).
sphinx wrote: […] They are all real people i swear.. You have no idea the amount of beers i owe this people now..
They were all in full possession of their cognitive abilities.

Muirium
µ

19 Jan 2016, 16:44

While gagged?

eskiloide

19 Jan 2016, 16:45

We are real people over here!!!

sphinx
Major Bummer

19 Jan 2016, 16:45

Muirium wrote: While gagged?
Our company has a strict "no gagging" rule during work hours. All forms of BDSM take place after 18:00.

kbdfr
The Tiproman

19 Jan 2016, 16:46

sphinx wrote:
kbdfr wrote:
They were all in full possession of their cognitive abilities.
No doubt:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electoral ... ote_buying

matt3o
-[°_°]-

19 Jan 2016, 16:50

Just wanted to add that I crossed path with both the Portuguese guys and I'm pretty confident they've been just... over-enthusiastic and no harm were meant. but still...

anyway the point is not much the 0-votes, people who registered after the poll has been published shouldn't be allowed to vote.

Muirium
µ

19 Jan 2016, 16:52

Now can we implement that in the forum software? Because that would be perfect!

Return to “Try before you buy”