48%
12. chzel (Greece)
No votes
13. cookie (Germany)
1%

Total votes: 67

jonythunder

19 Jan 2016, 19:10

I'm a cybernetic organism. Living tissue over a metal endoskeleton. I have come from the future to protect mechanical keyboards from the evil rubber-dome overlords that will take over the world. /s

Yeah, I'm a real person, who lives in sphinx's basement, chained and coerced to vote for him over the internet :p

Muirium
µ

19 Jan 2016, 19:11

RoboDude, it's a NovaTouch. Feel the oneness of cup rubber!

sphinx
Major Bummer

19 Jan 2016, 19:12

jonythunder wrote: I'm a cybernetic organism. Living tissue over a metal endoskeleton. I have come from the future to protect mechanical keyboards from the evil rubber-dome overlords that will take over the world. /s

Yeah, I'm a real person, who lives in sphinx's basement, chained and coerced to vote for him over the internet :p
Liar, its an attic

jonythunder

19 Jan 2016, 19:14

sphinx wrote: Liar, its an attic
how would I know? You put me to sleep and since I woke up I haven't seen the sky neither how you reach the door to my cell...

sphinx
Major Bummer

19 Jan 2016, 19:15

jonythunder wrote:
how would I know? You put me to sleep and since I woke up I haven't seen the sky neither how you reach the door to my cell...
:oops:

Muirium
µ

19 Jan 2016, 19:17

Guys! The first rule of Bondage Club! Sssh!!! Damn it.

jonythunder

19 Jan 2016, 19:17

sphinx wrote:
jonythunder wrote:
:oops:
Can someone call the cops? Pretty please? The worst part is that he has fiber, but only gave me a Pentium 4 1.8GHz and a 1Mb line T_T. I can't handle the slowness!

matt3o
-[°_°]-

20 Jan 2016, 11:53

This would be the result excluding users registered after the poll was published. Meaning that both wlhm and shpinx have 4 votes.

Now it's up to Bram.

Code: Select all

ID    Opt   UID  IP
---------------------------
12562   1  3???  118.2?
12562  13  9???  31.1?
12562   1  16??  31.2?
12562   1  43??  87.1?
12562   1  49??  217.2?
12562  11  59??  89.1?
12562   4  63??  89.1?
12562  10  64??  84.1?
12562   6  66??  129.1?
12562  10  76??  85.8?
12562  10  78??  85.8?
12562  10  79??  194.2?
12562   9  90??  112.1?

Spikebolt
√(4) != -2

20 Jan 2016, 12:01

If the rules to count the votes are to be changed to the ones above, then I'd like to change my vote to sphinx instead ;)

scottc

20 Jan 2016, 12:01

If the rules to count the votes are to be changed, I'd like to change my vote from nobody to someone who didn't rig the election. :lol:

matt3o
-[°_°]-

20 Jan 2016, 12:03

scottc wrote: If the rules to count the votes are to be changed, I'd like to change my vote from nobody to someone who didn't rig the election. :lol:
well played, dude :D

kbdfr
The Tiproman

20 Jan 2016, 12:37

matt3o wrote: This would be the result excluding users registered after the poll was published. Meaning that both wlhm and shpinx have 4 votes […]
If I understand that correctly, you mean that without their (real or alleged) "friends",
sphinx would have had 4 instead of 27 votes
and Spikebolt not more than 3 instead of 32 votes (please tell his exact result excluding late registered users).

That is to say that when there were not more than 15 legit votes,
they had at least 59 "friends" registering only in order to help them win.
And not just win a contest, but win a valuable keyboard - irrespective of their merits.
I wonder how they can make jokes about that instead of hanging their heads in shame :cry:
matt3o wrote:
scottc wrote: If the rules to count the votes are to be changed, I'd like to change my vote from nobody to someone who didn't rig the election. :lol:
well played, dude :D
+1 :lol:

Khers

20 Jan 2016, 13:19

In addition to learning that the votation was gambled, the thread has also taught me that beer is cheeper in Portugal than it is in Sweden (maybe not that much of a surprise since I guess that statement is true for every country, but Norway).

If Spikebolt/sphinx were located in Sweden, it would've been significantly cheaper for them to just go out and buy a Novatouch than it is buying 25+ beer in a pub.

sphinx
Major Bummer

20 Jan 2016, 13:27

Khers wrote: In addition to learning that the votation was gambled, the thread has also taught me that beer is cheeper in Portugal than it is in Sweden (maybe not that much of a surprise since I guess that statement is true for every country, but Norway).

If Spikebolt/sphinx were located in Sweden, it would've been significantly cheaper for them to just go out and buy a Novatouch than it is buying 25+ beer in a pub.
there's places in Lisbon that sell beers for 50 cents, so, yea

Bramster
Cooler Master Employee

20 Jan 2016, 16:19

matt3o wrote: This would be the result excluding users registered after the poll was published. Meaning that both wlhm and shpinx have 4 votes.

Now it's up to Bram.
Hi Everyone,

After discussing this with 002 and Matt3o I've come to the conclusion that wlhm will be receiving the price as winner of this contest and community tour! However as the rules might have not been waterproof I have discussed with the same admins that also sphinx will be receiving a prize as they ended up in 4-4 after Matt3o's checking.

If both can contact me over PM message with their addresss information I will make sure to send the prizes out ASAP! :mrgreen:

Lesson learned: put more rules into the voting to next time not cause confusion :) But, I hope everyone can find themselves in the above.

matt3o
-[°_°]-

20 Jan 2016, 16:21

Muirium
µ

20 Jan 2016, 16:22

Thanks for being a gentlemen, Bram!

Spikebolt
√(4) != -2

20 Jan 2016, 16:25

Congrats to the winners :)

andrewjoy

20 Jan 2016, 16:43

CM Bram wrote:
matt3o wrote: This would be the result excluding users registered after the poll was published. Meaning that both wlhm and shpinx have 4 votes.

Now it's up to Bram.
Hi Everyone,

After discussing this with 002 and Matt3o I've come to the conclusion that wlhm will be receiving the price as winner of this contest and community tour! However as the rules might have not been waterproof I have discussed with the same admins that also sphinx will be receiving a prize as they ended up in 4-4 after Matt3o's checking.

If both can contact me over PM message with their addresss information I will make sure to send the prizes out ASAP! :mrgreen:

Lesson learned: put more rules into the voting to next time not cause confusion :) But, I hope everyone can find themselves in the above.
I think thats the best way to deal with it , good show.

Just out of interest are the reviews/ideas from the tour passed on to the higher ups as CM towers ? Like the idea to offer a barebones version directly from europe? I bit the bullet and orderd a normal ANSI one from thekeybordco but it feels terribly wasteful and not very economical to put the o rings and caps that came with it to waste as they where never ever going to be used.

Adding better caps as an upgrade option ( like for example filco making double-shots) may also be an idea.

shreebles
Finally 60%

20 Jan 2016, 17:37

Andrew, do try the O-Rings if you have lower profile caps such as Cherry. They don't reduce the travel but increase the height that the caps sit on the stem and prevent the keycap from hitting the switch casing instead of bottoming out "properly" on rubber.

As for this poll, I agree with kbdfr, although I chuckled at a few posts, it was really a tale of greed and dishonesty. When you see that the rules allow abuse, say it so that it can be fixed. Don't abuse the rules for your own benefit.
For the record, I also voted for wlhlm. His review was by far the most in-depth and I am happy to see that he won in the end.

Bramster
Cooler Master Employee

21 Jan 2016, 14:33

I think thats the best way to deal with it , good show.

Just out of interest are the reviews/ideas from the tour passed on to the higher ups as CM towers ? Like the idea to offer a barebones version directly from europe? I bit the bullet and orderd a normal ANSI one from thekeybordco but it feels terribly wasteful and not very economical to put the o rings and caps that came with it to waste as they where never ever going to be used.

Adding better caps as an upgrade option ( like for example filco making double-shots) may also be an idea.
Thank you.

Regarding the barebones so far no plans for that in Europe to be honest. What is keeping us is mainly the multiple EU layouts we have..

Spikebolt
√(4) != -2

21 Jan 2016, 15:38

Aren't all EU layouts exactly the same when you remove the keycaps?

Laser
emacs -nw

21 Jan 2016, 17:27

... so the $$ come from selling these keyboards with keycaps in various language-specific layouts.

andrewjoy

21 Jan 2016, 17:56

CM Bram wrote: Regarding the barebones so far no plans for that in Europe to be honest. What is keeping us is mainly the multiple EU layouts we have..
Well if its barebones it should not matter :) what with there being no caps. And providing a US ANSI barebones in europe should be a simple matter of sending them to EU stores such as amazon and the keyboard company.

Khers

21 Jan 2016, 19:06

andrewjoy wrote:
CM Bram wrote: Regarding the barebones so far no plans for that in Europe to be honest. What is keeping us is mainly the multiple EU layouts we have..
Well if its barebones it should not matter :) what with there being no caps. And providing a US ANSI barebones in europe should be a simple matter of sending them to EU stores such as amazon and the keyboard company.
ANSI barebones easily and cheaply available in the EU, now that would be something. Add silencing and I might even purchase one.

I can understand that CM have yet to launch ISO barebones though. If you look at the current market, there is basically only one option when shopping for a new ISO keycap set that covers an ISO-layout that isn't english, and that is Vortex' less than stellar stuff. Sure, it could be a lot worse and additionally you have short-lived exceptions to this in some of the sets that are on MD (Granite is a splendid example of this).

Now if you above this factor in that the quantity of ANSI-barebones sold through MD seems rather small, the large deficit of ISO keycap sets will inevitably lead you to the conclusion that the market for a barebone ISO Novatouch must be microscopic. If you're CM, then why would you bother?

On the other hand, the added cost of providing a barebone ISO-model must be minimal. After all, it the same keyboard, just skip the bulky box, the o-rings and the caps.

pbtforever

21 Jan 2016, 19:11

Is Wlhm even ever around any more!

I will volunteer myself as backup winner.

Bramster
Cooler Master Employee

22 Jan 2016, 10:13

@Khers; Well we are always looking for feedback like this so for sure I will take it into consideration. Lets see regarding the barebones for EU.. :) But to ask back, you guys are no fan of the offer on for example massdrop? Because of shipping costs I assume?

@pbtforever; Haha! Lets give Wlhlm a bit more time right?! :mrgreen:

andrewjoy

22 Jan 2016, 10:30

Yeh , its the shipping costs and having to deal with massdrop that are the problem.

Khers

22 Jan 2016, 10:40

@CM Bram: The issue for me with MD is not that the shipping in itself is expensive – it isn't to be honest – but rather the knowledge that the customs office will hit me hard once the keyboard arrives in good old Sweden, rendering the keyboard too expensive (around about $200 according to my rough calculations, or significantly more than the cost of an ISO Novatouch here). I've found that small packages often fly under our customs office's radar, but a keyboard is, unfortunately, much too large for that.

But, to be honest with you, yet another keyboard is not very high on my priority list at the moment...

Return to “Try before you buy”