The Cherry MX5000 Tour - Try one of the greatest keyboards of all time

photekq
Cherry Picker

09 May 2016, 18:02

Yeah, more takers over on GH for now. I knew DT was more Euro-centric, but I guess I didn't quite realise the degree to which that's the case!

I bought the keyboard from someone in the USA, so that is where it is currently :mrgreen:

Maybe if the ending of the tour coincides with Mu returning home, we could put it on his plane. If not, then I can get it shipped to me cheaply enough.

Not sure if I'd send the same keyboard on an EU tour, of if I'd go with one of my other ISO ones.

shreebles
Finally 60%

10 May 2016, 09:33

ISO!! :maverick:

One of your others? How many do you have? *photekq casually showing off his wealth*....

photekq wrote: Yeah, more takers over on GH for now. I knew DT was more Euro-centric, but I guess I didn't quite realise the degree to which that's the case!
DT is not as euro-centric as this thread will seem. Many Americans signed up only in the last few months, or around the time of the GH outage, so they aren't as active on DT as the people who posted here and don't have enough posts to participate.

Muirium
µ

10 May 2016, 13:57

I wanna try the ANSI one. ISO is fine and all. ~until ~i read what ~i've typed and see the fallout.\

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

10 May 2016, 13:59

photekq wrote: Not sure if I'd send the same keyboard on an EU tour, of if I'd go with one of my other ISO ones.
Both. :evilgeek:

lot_lizard

21 May 2016, 23:00

I wouldn't appreciate this board like I should because of other things going on... But just want to say how gracious I think phototek is in the first place for even doing this. This is a FABULOUS board (at least in terms of value), and he is willing to let several others love it like he does (gone from his possession for months). It is the complete opposite of these scammers lately, and just reminds me there is hope for humanity :)

Just wanted to say thanks for being what we all should be

EDIT: I shouldn't call out specific names in a negative context, and changed to be generic. Reading It sober this morning, It seemed petty

drevyek

25 Jul 2016, 05:24

Any chance that Canada counts as CONUS?

shreebles
Finally 60%

25 Jul 2016, 08:39

drevyek wrote: Any chance that Canada counts as CONUS?
I'm afraid that won't be your only problem if you want in:
photekq wrote:
  • Have at least 500 posts (you can try applying without this, but your chances of getting in are very slim unless I have extensive experience with you)
  • Have at least 1 year of membership under your belt (you can try applying without this, but your chances of getting in are very slim unless I have extensive experience with you)

Return to “Try before you buy”