Question for Cherry MX Blue owners

Xannot

19 Sep 2017, 13:20

Okay, so I've bought a Cherry MX Tester and this is how it goes with Blues: If you press lightly, the first millimeter (1) of key travel is effortless but then you suddenly encounter a bump and need to apply a bit more force. So when you apply this force, you overcome a bump instantly and hear a click (2). Now, while pressed, if you reduce the force again, you return to the point where you originally encountered a tactile bump but the key is not actually reset yet (3) - it has to return to its full height by reducing force even more (4). But my tester doesn't have LED indicators so I'd like to know if you're at step number (3), is the key still activated (like holding down a mouse button) or does it register only once and then act as not pressed at all? I know it's a weird question, but I need to know how I can use my keys when gaming and if the key is actually still pressed-down at step (3), I can use that to circumvent hysteresis by reducing the force a bit instantly after a click so that I can press it again faster after while still holding the button for in-game action.

kbdfr
The Tiproman

20 Sep 2017, 09:59

I wonder there's no answer to the question yet,
perhaps there's just too much text around it :lol:

Basically, the question is:
Xannot wrote: [On its way back up but before reaching the tactile bump again], is the key still activated (like holding down a mouse button) or does it register only once and then act as not [still] pressed […]?
Sorry, unable to answer myself.

hoaryhag

05 Oct 2017, 23:49

If you try to circumvent the click and press it again, the key will have already gone into repeating mode because you held it down too long. The faster you let off the key, the faster you can press it again.

Blaise170
ALPS キーボード

15 Jul 2018, 17:36

Redacted.
Last edited by Blaise170 on 15 Jul 2018, 19:00, edited 1 time in total.

scottc

15 Jul 2018, 17:55

Seems like an spam account. None of the replies that this user wrote make any sense in their context. Just report it. Replying makes it harder to clean up.

Compgeke

15 Jul 2018, 18:09

All cleaned up now. Both that username and their email showed up for spam posts on other forums but no need to worry now.

Return to “Try before you buy”