Matias Ergo Pro UK Giveaway

Muirium
µ

11 Mar 2021, 11:18

Scottc just got in touch to remind me of this keyboard. Matias gave it to me all the way back in 2015 for a review. It's been a while! The Ergo Pro went on tour and subsequently forgot about since, until recently emerging from storage, a mysterious artefact from another age!

The question now: who wants to give it a home?
Muirium wrote:
06 Jul 2015, 16:01

This is a highly recommended experience. Split ergos are fascinating boards, and the Ergo Pro is a solid piece of kit.

Matias kindly sent me an Ergo Pro for review, and for a subsequent tour.

The Ergo Pro is located in the UK, and given um, certain omnishambles at the border these days :roll: we'd like to limit it to domestic shipping.

So, let's put this one out there. Are you too on this sceptred isle? Are you new to mechanical keyboards? Are you new to ergos? Can you retain your sanity in the face of that Num Lock key!? Do you want a Matias Ergo Pro for the price of local shipping? (Something like £10 via cheapo Hermes.)

Just post in this thread if you fancy it and I'll make a pick of who sounds like they'd get the most out of it fairly soon. (The more wannabe takers, the sooner!) Then you can get your paws on this intriguing keyboard and Scottc can reclaim his storage!

It's time for the Ergo Pro to move on, and find some new love.

Michael Doyle

11 Mar 2021, 13:48

Ooo I remember really wanting to try this when it did the rounds a few years ago.

I'm really in to ergonomics and trying new ways to enjoy typing (I've used Dvorak for the past 5 years).

I did once make a 60% ortholinear with split alphas, but I couldn't get on board with the matrix layout, but this looks like it would be the best of both.

Anyway good luck to everyone interested, and thanks Scottc and Mu 👍

Go-Kart

11 Mar 2021, 17:43

I'd be interested in giving one a whirl. I've never gone ergo; I have enough of a ropey typing technique as it is that I doubt even a fancy board like this could save me! I was looking at building a 60-75% ortholinear over the past few months but I decided to try and clean my technique a little the old fashioned way first and then see where I'd gotten to. Or would going ergo first to force it make more sense?

Would I buy this board if I was going to invest in an ergo? After reading the review, this does appear to me to be the most accessible ergo board that I've seen. And, she ain't bad looking!

Good luck to all my British brethren who wish to have a go. And thanks to Scott and Muirium for their generosity!

Muirium
µ

12 Mar 2021, 19:04

Consider yourself in pole position, Go-Kart! :D

@Michael: Are you interested in this specific keyboard? Previous experience with ergos is not a disqualifying factor. I'm loose when it comes to rules! It's really just about matching the keyboard to a good home.

Muirium
µ

14 Mar 2021, 17:40

Reminder folks: you want this free mechanical split ergo keyboard? Then pipe up! Scottc's not holding onto it forever!

Go-Kart

14 Mar 2021, 17:57

There's got to be more than just me and Michael in these fair isles that fancy a go!?

StringyBliss

14 Mar 2021, 19:38

I'm interested in this as well.

I'm new to mechanical keyboards and have so far only tried MX Blues. I'm told that Matias switches are reminiscent of Alps, which to my understanding are held in high regard. I've never tried an ergo keyboard either -- trying out this board sounds like a fun experience.

Bjerrk

14 Mar 2021, 19:52

I can vouch for StringyBliss (good friend of mine - we studied together).

Muirium
µ

14 Mar 2021, 20:00

Duly added to the list!

Anyone else? We're getting close to the giveaway now!

Muirium
µ

17 Mar 2021, 13:07

Final boarding call for flight MATIAS ERGO PRO. Get your bums in seats, pronto folks. This gate's about to close and the bird is taking flight!

Bjerrk

17 Mar 2021, 13:45

Muirium wrote:
17 Mar 2021, 13:07
Get your bums in seats, pronto folks. This gate's about to close and the bird is taking flight!
Isn't there a risk that the bird will hit the gate, then? :?

Muirium
µ

17 Mar 2021, 13:45

Split keyboards are agile enough to avoid all mundane obstacles!

Bjerrk

17 Mar 2021, 13:54

Captain, do we steer left or right 'round 'er??

Both, ya rookie!! :twisted:

Sorry, I will stop polluting your thread with thoughts of flying Ergo Pros.

shallot

20 Mar 2021, 01:07

kinda wanted to try matias just to see hehe

Muirium
µ

20 Mar 2021, 11:17

Added. I'm just waiting on Scottc to get a shipping estimate and I'll make my pick and send the lucky one the bill! :D

Muirium
µ

28 Mar 2021, 11:25

(Nudging Scottc. :lol: )

Muirium
µ

13 Apr 2021, 13:13

Okay, it's prize drawing time!

Go-Kart

13 Apr 2021, 15:06

*silentdrumroll*

Bjerrk

13 Apr 2021, 16:45

The excitement is too much to bear! :P

Muirium
µ

13 Apr 2021, 16:49

IMG_6775.PNG
IMG_6775.PNG (356.65 KiB) Viewed 36679 times

Muirium
µ

13 Apr 2021, 17:00

Enough of the excess bear, the winner is…

…drumroll…

:o

StringyBliss

Come forward to collect your prize!

Go-Kart

13 Apr 2021, 18:12

Congratulations! A worthy winner!

StringyBliss

14 Apr 2021, 16:51

Thank you! :-D Excited to give it a spin.

Muirium
µ

15 Apr 2021, 10:00

Sweet bejesus! That bear's a lot bigger on my computer than on my phone!
StringyBliss wrote:
14 Apr 2021, 16:51
Thank you! :-D Excited to give it a spin.
You're welcome. I'll set the bear on Scottc if he keeps you waiting too long. ;)

troglotype

28 Apr 2021, 18:44

What a wasted opportunity to hear Thomas swear at yet another ergonomic keyboard...

Return to “Try before you buy”