The Switch Try Bag version 2. CONUS

Mrinterface

10 Jul 2012, 10:52

velourpappa wrote:Is there any bag left?

I like one, if there is. (SWE)
Yes, I added you.

maxrunner

11 Jul 2012, 11:40

Hi! All, how much is this?i'm interested.

Mrinterface

11 Jul 2012, 11:44

maxrunner wrote:Hi! All, how much is this?i'm interested.
How much? You mean posting? This bag doesn't cost you anything beside postal costs, just forward it to the next in line when it's your turn.

Where are you from? I need to know the location so I can add you.

maxrunner

11 Jul 2012, 11:48

Oh i thought you could buy the bag. I think i'll pass for now.
Regards,

Mrinterface

11 Jul 2012, 17:50

maxrunner wrote:Oh i thought you could buy the bag. I think i'll pass for now.
Regards,
Yes, you can ... Here :http://deskthority.net/marketplace-f11/ ... t3189.html

Mrinterface

11 Jul 2012, 20:41

Mrinterface wrote:
RougeRambo wrote:Can we do the whole, add something to the bag as you send it on thing! doesn't have to be k/b related, maybe just a note n something interesting. will be cool to see what is in there at the end.
Ah yes, so participants can add to the bag.... I'll think about it, could be a nice!
Well,

I thought about it and I am going to add a little 'Surprise bag' inside the switch try bag.

You can put something nice in it for the next person on the list. It doesn't need to be keyboard related, but it would be nice if that would be the case. :-)

To start it of, I'll add something extra in the two soon to be released switch try bags :-)

lzb2811

12 Jul 2012, 12:53

Hello, can I still participate in this event or it's already too late?? I'm Asian live in UK :D

Mrinterface

12 Jul 2012, 13:42

lzb2811 wrote:Hello, can I still participate in this event or it's already too late?? I'm Asian live in UK :D
Yes, you can still join.

I added you.

lzb2811

12 Jul 2012, 15:22

Mrinterface wrote:
lzb2811 wrote:Hello, can I still participate in this event or it's already too late?? I'm Asian live in UK :D
Yes, you can still join.

I added you.
Thank you. Just to make sure i got it right: So I'll wait for the person before me to contact me, once receive write a review, then PM and send out to the next person within 3 days in tracking. But what should I do if i'm the last person?

Mrinterface

12 Jul 2012, 15:54

lzb2811 wrote: But what should I do if i'm the last person?
Send it back to me so I can start a new round ;-)

lzb2811

12 Jul 2012, 16:19

Mrinterface wrote:
lzb2811 wrote: But what should I do if i'm the last person?
Send it back to me so I can start a new round ;-)
ok cool, looking forward to receive it sometime at the end of July/starting of August :lol:

I'm actually more interested in your keypad switch, but it seems i'm too late for that, even if i do get into the worldwide round that's going to take ages to reach me because the euro round will take months :roll:

Iknorite

15 Jul 2012, 17:45

How come people who are signed up for this in the other thread arent signed up here? Im still interested nevertheless.

Mrinterface

15 Jul 2012, 18:48

Iknorite wrote:How come people who are signed up for this in the other thread arent signed up here? Im still interested nevertheless.
Maybe you mean the sample bags ( from the marketplace section )?

These are the switch try bags... You can try the bag and send it onwards to the next on the list. If you would like to participate, please post your country so I can schedule you.

Iknorite

15 Jul 2012, 20:22

Mrinterface wrote:
Iknorite wrote:How come people who are signed up for this in the other thread arent signed up here? Im still interested nevertheless.

These are the switch try bags... You can try the bag and send it onwards to the next on the list. If you would like to participate, please post your country so I can schedule you.
No, I mean the "New sinklist items coming up in 2012!" thread, where I (together with 2 others) are already signed up for the eu switch try bag 2.

Mrinterface

15 Jul 2012, 21:08

Iknorite wrote:
Mrinterface wrote:

No, I mean the "New sinklist items coming up in 2012!" thread, where I (together with 2 others) are already signed up for the eu switch try bag 2.
You are right. I didn't do that yet. Will fix that.

lzb2811

16 Jul 2012, 21:18

Hi can you please remove me from the list please. Don't think I can wait that long for the switch. Thanks

Mrinterface

16 Jul 2012, 21:43

lzb2811 wrote:Hi can you please remove me from the list please. Don't think I can wait that long for the switch. Thanks
Removed.

B.T.W. You can always buy one.....

Mrinterface

19 Jul 2012, 14:23

UPDATE 19-7-2012 : ROUND 1 CLOSED! ROUND 2 OPENED!

A Surprise bag has been added to this sinklist item : if you like the item inside, remove it and replace it with something at least equal in value and preferably of higher value. So you DON'T need to put something else into it, if you have nothing as trade leave it as it is and the next one in line can use it(!)

Bags have been shipped to Iknorite and Ripster.

Iknorite

24 Jul 2012, 17:39

Received it today!

Just gone through all the switches (it took a while :D) will post some type of review later today or tomorrow.

Mrinterface

24 Jul 2012, 17:58

Good! What did you think about the surprise ?:-)

Iknorite

24 Jul 2012, 20:27

It was nice! Have nothing to replace with though, so will leave it as it is for the next recipient.

HaaTa
Master Kiibohd Hunter

27 Jul 2012, 07:45

Glad my Hall Effect switches were useful.

Let me know if you are interested in other kinds of switches. I do have some quantities of odd kinds of switches (in loose form), such as vintage Futaba, and vintage Alps Linear (Green). (as well as a bunch I still don't know what they're called...)

Might be a bit difficult, but Fujitsu Leaf Spring should be possible to make a switch try.
These Tandy 1000 keyboards are semi common on ebay:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tandy-1000-Pers ... _500wt_975

Iknorite

30 Jul 2012, 21:26

Completely forgot about the review. :shock: Im just gonna write down some general impressions.

Alps-type switches: Thought they had a little more distinct feel than the mx switches. Didnt really care much for any of the non clicky ones. Out of the clicky ones I really liked the omron switch, but also the creamy and white switches. The acer switches felt mostly like cheaper knockoffs (which I guess they are?). Didnt enjoy the the low profile switches, cant really remember exactly how they felt, tried them once and didnt like them.

MX switches: Really liked the white clicky switch, felt like the blue with a tad more force, less noisy click, and a bit more solid feel(?). Didnt care much for the brown, the tactile feel wasnt enough pronounced, felt like a hybrid between a red and a blue or something. The black switch wasnt really in my taste either, could imagine that switch being really bad for typing. I liked the green and dark gray switch, the dark grey switch had a really nice feedback although a bit heavy. Didnt care for the clear switch, felt a little stiff. The chicony switch felt like a crappier knockoff. Didnt like the M7 much, the long profile made it feel like typing on a stick attached to a switch. Didnt care for the light grey one at all.

ML, MY, M8, Futaba, Mitsumi: mehhhhhh...

Buckling spring: Very pronounced and solid feel. Maybe a bit to heavy for my taste though.

Topre: Felt too smooth in my opinion, reminded me of the feel of my old keytronic keyboard.

Hall effect: Felt like pressing the button to an old machine or something. Not something I would enjoy to type on.

Didnt try the dampeners or stabilizers, didnt really spend time comparing the keycaps either.

FunkyMonkey90

11 Aug 2012, 00:55

Still haven't received the bag yet? Need to know what keyboard to buy!!
:S

Iknorite

11 Aug 2012, 18:12

FunkyMonkey90 wrote:Still haven't received the bag yet? Need to know what keyboard to buy!!
:S
I sent the bag on the 30th so it should definately have gotten to you by now. Could you check that you gave me the right adress?

Mrinterface

11 Aug 2012, 19:52

Didn't you send it with tracking?

It's far too valuable to lose......

Iknorite

12 Aug 2012, 15:53

No, I didnt. Adding tracking cost about twice what the freight cost. I did everything by the book though so I cant see why it wouldnt get sent to him.

sad_destroyer

13 Aug 2012, 16:06

Where is the CONUS bag right now?

Mrinterface

13 Aug 2012, 17:28

CONUS bag is at Ripster.

He contacted me outside DT and I gave him the next guys address. Hope it came through.

Sean_Long

14 Aug 2012, 22:45

Ripster wrote something on reddit about that bag. Might be interesting information!

Return to “Try before you buy”