Topre Cluster Tester: Worldwide

scope2k

23 Jan 2013, 01:23

Welcome to the Topre Cluster Tester sinklist!
Managed by scope2k

Subscription is OPEN.
News:
The old tester has shown up again, we will use this one piece version instead of the new two piece tester!

About the items:
The Topre Tester is a four key cluster which combines:
1. Three standard 55g topre keys like those found in various keyboards
2. A special topre key without spring to show how much of the topre feel is generated by the rubber dome
Topre_cluster_tester.jpg
Topre_cluster_tester.jpg (98.45 KiB) Viewed 20978 times
Backside picture and sample video:
Spoiler:
Topre_cluster_back.jpg
Topre_cluster_back.jpg (90.38 KiB) Viewed 20978 times
The Surprise Bag:
A SurpriseBag will be shipped with the sinklist item. If you like something that's inside, you are allowed to swap it for something equal in value, preferably more so the total value of the bag increases. The contents of the bag are for the sinklist manager so he can be rewarded for his efforts.

The procedure:
Spoiler:
- When the person before you receives the item I will contact you to make sure everything is fine
- You receive the Topre Tester after 1-2 weeks and notify me
- You test it and post a review about your experiences with the item in this thread
- You receive the address of the next participant and send it to them after 7 days
- You send me the tracking id and a link to the corresponding tracking website
Participation:
This round's subscription is open worldwide, so please keep in mind that you might have to pay expensive tracked international shipping. I'll try my best to keep the shipping distances low, which means I'll have to shuffle the participant list.

If you want to participate please ensure that you have read and understood the following rules:
Spoiler:
1. Be a registered member of DT.
2. You need to provide your actual full name and home address.
3. Make sure you are aware of the cost of international tracked shipping!
4. Do NOT change/alter/damage/break the item - do NOT remove the keycaps!
5. Take a week (7 days, ±1day) to sample. 9 days are the absolute maximum! If you have trouble, contact the manager.
6. What is the best key switch?
7. Write a short review about your experiences with the item.
8. ALWAYS ship the item with tracking! If you can't provide tracked shipping, you are not allowed to participate.

You are ready to sign up? Then send a PM to scope2k including the following information:
Spoiler:
- Your full name
- Your email address
- Your shipping address as it should appear on the package, NO work addresses
- The answer to rule 6
Remember that, with your sign up message, you confirm that you have read and understood the rules of the sinklist and that I will send your shipping details to whatever participant has the item before you. Other than that I will handle your personal information confidentially.
Last edited by scope2k on 23 Apr 2013, 12:58, edited 6 times in total.

scope2k

23 Jan 2013, 02:00

Unsorted list of participants:
Spoiler:
oyecomova
Rafen
pheo
Muirium
Please note that this list does not represent the final order and is subject to change once the subscription is closed to ensure that shipping distances and therefor costs are at a minimum.
Last edited by scope2k on 03 Apr 2013, 09:13, edited 7 times in total.

scope2k

23 Jan 2013, 02:00

Update: The subscription period has been extended to March 15. I hope that's ok for the participants who already signed up.

Muirium
µ

31 Mar 2013, 13:29

Just PMed. In right before the finish line!

combataran

26 Mar 2014, 01:48

How heavy would this be? International shipping from Malaysia(to the US) would cost about $30, pain in the ass really.

pr0ximity

24 Jun 2014, 17:21

Is this still a thing that's happening?

Gloomy Moonie

27 Jun 2014, 16:34

Bump of interest, live in Israel.

neverlast74

10 Aug 2014, 18:39

I would be interested as well. Vienna/Austria

Touch_It

17 Mar 2015, 19:51

amilate? lol it appears this never happened? Necro, but its on the first page. Please don't burn me with fire.

Muirium
µ

17 Mar 2015, 20:09

Wow. This one's deep necro. I can barely even remember applying for it way back then! Could Mu 2013 guess that his 2015 self would have the HHKB he dreamed about? Most likely! It was worth the wait.

Try PMing scope2k. Looks like he was last here a month ago.

Return to “Try before you buy”