The Cherry Switch Try Gaming PCB's

Mrinterface

17 May 2012, 16:55

triac wrote:Are they getting shipped in the order of that list? Just wondering because it doesn't seem very cost (and especially) time efficient. Actually very wasteful.
The switches could cover more ground in much less time with a bit of organization.
Yes, it's FIFO

For my next sinklist items I'm going to try and be a little smarter. There will be a subscription round and based on the membership locations, an optimal route will be calculated reducing shipping cost and shipping time. When the item is sent off, the round will be closed and another subscription round is started. If you would like to participate in a round, you will have to wait until the current round is complete.

CeeSA

17 May 2012, 19:56

triac wrote:Are they getting shipped in the order of that list? Just wondering because it doesn't seem very cost (and especially) time efficient. Actually very wasteful.
The switches could cover more ground in much less time with a bit of organization.
ah, your post is very helpful. :roll:
If your read the TO you would know that....
Rather than to complain, you may like to develop a concept with the focal points of time and cost efficiency?

There are pro and cons for the current procedures.

One big point is, the list is still open, and this is a point which you have just used.
Another point is, who will spent the time to organize a bit? You?
Actually the participants have to organize the shipping and timing by themself. I think thats a good way.

The costs are still little for every participant, even if you give up an international shipment.
Only the time savings would really bring something. But there can't be "first come, first served" anymore.

So, I'm curious to your approach.

triac

18 May 2012, 21:46

CeeSA wrote: Rather than to complain
Actually I was simply asking. I read the first post but I wanted to know if it's really the order because it seemed not efficient, thus might cause everyone to wait longer in the end.

CeeSA

19 May 2012, 00:08

you explain how bad the method is without taking into account all the circumstances. One question out of 4 sets....
your are not even asking.
i explain some points why it is that way. nothing new from you.

i feel your point is:
"omg this can't be the list, it is not efficient"
that the way it sounds to me. maybe you could clear this point.

just make it better (proposal) or find a better list for you.

CeeSA

04 Jun 2012, 10:18

no update for more than 20 days, whats wrong?

GeorgeStorm

04 Jun 2012, 10:25

I've PM'd the next guy with no reply :/

CeeSA

04 Jun 2012, 10:29

no status from you... always good to know that somebody received the pcb.

pm/email the next, and the next. don't wait too long.
post who are not answering your pm/email, so i could remove them from the list.

GeorgeStorm

04 Jun 2012, 10:39

Sorry,
pepoteES is the guy.

Triggaaar

04 Jun 2012, 11:08

George has pm'd me, I've replied

CeeSA

04 Jun 2012, 11:23

Thanks,
George, when did you received the pcb's?
Please post, when you sent it.

Mrinterface

09 Jun 2012, 13:41

NOTICE : I moved this thread to a separate section of DT ( Other->Try before you buy )

Many more try before you buy items will see the light in that part of the forum. Watch it closely the coming weeks.

CeeSA

15 Jun 2012, 11:58

come on people - Status update!

GeorgeStorm

15 Jun 2012, 11:59

Sorry for not posting, I've sent them to Triggaaar to the address he gave me, haven't heard since

CeeSA

15 Jun 2012, 13:23

which date?

GeorgeStorm

15 Jun 2012, 13:24

Posted them on the 8th I believe.

CeeSA

15 Jun 2012, 13:33

the guy before you sent the items 11/05/2012
you sent it to the next guty 08/06/2012

1 week for shipping, you have the pcb for round about three weeks? ...

GeorgeStorm

15 Jun 2012, 13:36

I didn't get them on the 11th, can't remember exactly when, I had them longer than a week yes due to next guy not replying, and then having a busy week of exams meaning I couldn't get to the post office.
I apologise for the delay.

CeeSA

15 Jun 2012, 14:53

I don't want picking you but,
i did'nt wrote you get them on the 11th! I wrote the guy before you sent at 11/05/2012. (iirc I never have a status PCB received from you.) I have an estimated one week for shipping from UK to Germany.

For all future participants:
Please read the OP! And follow the shipping HowTo!

Triggaaar

17 Jun 2012, 17:38

Received, tested, and posting tomorrow to dfxdx.

Thank you very much for organising.

Mike

dfxdx

18 Jun 2012, 14:10

Thanks Triggaaar, looking forward to it. I'm going to contact the next tester in advance (CanuckDE). I'll update when I receive the switches and when I post.

Triggaaar

18 Jun 2012, 17:04

PCB's received 11/06/2012
PCB's sent 18/06/2012

Should have been faster, sorry.

bone

19 Jun 2012, 15:41

Hello,

please put me on the list (Germany).

Thx

dfxdx

20 Jun 2012, 13:05

Thanks Triggaaar, PCBs received today (20 Jun 2012). Will review tonight. I sent a PM to CanuckDE a couple of days ago but no reply. How long should I wait? Or I'll get details of next on list and send on Saturday at the very latest (23 Jun 2012).

CeeSA

20 Jun 2012, 15:01

waiting 2 days seems to be enough. Go the next guy. Did you sent him PM and Email (via DH) as proposed in the shipping howto?

If the "not answer guys" are still interested, they could reenter the list.

dfxdx

20 Jun 2012, 19:24

I'll try CanuckDE again and if I do not get a reply by Friday (my two days of testing fun!) it will go to Icarium.

Mackem

20 Jun 2012, 19:37

I'd love to test these switches but could I pass them on to someone else from the UK? I don't have a lot of money right now for shipping etc.

CeeSA

20 Jun 2012, 21:52

in this case, you better never get a mechanical keyboard. it is an endless story of spending money for keyboards ;)

i could put you in the list above the next UK Guy that come along. So you have to wait until another guy from UK join the list, OK?

CeeSA

21 Jun 2012, 13:18

No good news for the trip to Australia.

I asked the 5 participants wheter there still in. Because a lot of time has passed.

Status Australia atm:
still in 1
out 2
not answered yet 2

So we need 2 or more new participants from Australia. Otherwise i would like to pass this trip.

dfxdx

22 Jun 2012, 15:32

I've contacted Icarium and he is in the fortunate position of having bought a bunch of boards so he does not want the testers. I'm going to try getting hold of the next guy/gal: sil.

CeeSA

22 Jun 2012, 23:02

thanks for the update.

Return to “Try before you buy”