Looking for beta testers for a new ergonomic based gaming mouse.

b4d_tR1p

07 Jan 2016, 11:07

sign me up

IrPOWERranger

24 Feb 2016, 13:26

I'm fairly late to this, but I'll happily participate if it's still ongoing.

need

24 Feb 2016, 17:07

Is this a scam or what ?

ohaimark
Kingpin

24 Feb 2016, 17:13

Either it's a scam... Or the project manager is really, really bad at his/her job.

b4d_tR1p

24 Feb 2016, 17:20

yep really bad job :?:

TuxKey
LLAP

25 Feb 2016, 14:27

I would be interested to help out :D
Don't know if this is a scam..perhaps it is??
But everything you need to know to build a perfect mouse.. in my humble opinion is here on DeskThority ...
Like all things related to input devices..and more 8-) :ugeek: ..yah yah i know i'm a bit biased..but still correct..
The idea of a real ergonomic mouse sounds great.
In my quest to find a great ergonomic mouse i tried pretty much all mice that claim to work :roll:

These are the last two mice i tried and my opinions.

The Hippus HandShoe Mouse was almost great but had a couple of problems like not having a dpi switch. As a result i bumped my mouse against my 66% keyboard all the time :) Navigating from one screen to the next..
Also there was no hyper scrolling like the Logitech M500 ..btw lots of gaming mice don't have this..Why i don't know..

A good mouse can work for both gaming and as productive tool..

Up next i tried the R-Go HE Mouse Vertical Mouse Large right handed from R-Go Tools.

Finally a dpi switch ;)
But still not what i was looking for..

Almost forgot i posted all this and more in a previous post oops.. :roll:

andrewjoy

16 May 2016, 15:15

Well my mouse arrived ( its the normal version at the moment) , going to give it a test for a few weeks and report back on any changes that need to be made to make it better for gaming

Spikebolt
√(4) != -2

18 May 2016, 11:31

So what kind of mouse is it after all? XD

andrewjoy

18 May 2016, 12:35

http://www.ergonomics.co.uk/DXT-Ergonomic-Mouse

Is what i was sent for first impressions , the gaming version i don't know if i am under an NDA or anything like that so wont link a picture but thats still in development, the idea is we let them know any issues with this mouse for gaming and they change the design.

Spikebolt
√(4) != -2

18 May 2016, 13:17

Oh, a vertical mouse. That one seems rather small, did you find it comfortable?

andrewjoy

18 May 2016, 14:37

Its ok , you hold it a bit like you would hold a pen and move it like that so its not as small as you would think.

the scroll wheel is in a terrible position as it can be used for both right and left handed , they say that will be fixed for the game version

the buttons are a little slippery but not too bad , rest of the mouse is super high quality , and no software needed !

gogusrl

30 May 2016, 15:00

I got mine as well, got the regular wifi version (not gaming I think), pretty damn small for my hands but I'm trying to get used to it. The hand position is awesome, if only it was bigger and had a better placed scroll wheel (maybe make 2 different versions).

andrewjoy

01 Jun 2016, 13:39

gogusrl wrote: I got mine as well, got the regular wifi version (not gaming I think), pretty damn small for my hands but I'm trying to get used to it. The hand position is awesome, if only it was bigger and had a better placed scroll wheel (maybe make 2 different versions).

Yes the scroll wheel position is terrible , i do like it overall. I will be doing a mini review at some point of the regular version and what needs to change for the game version.

Bucake

04 Jun 2016, 10:08

@ergoguy have you already decided which specific sensor will be used in this gaming version?

coccosoids

30 Jun 2016, 09:49

I would be very interested in this. Especially if the target is for claw like, finger tip grip. There are plenty of whale sized input devices on the market - but it's near impossible to find a good smaller fitting device.

hook

22 Nov 2016, 23:36

andrewjoy wrote: i don't know if i am under an NDA or anything like that
Basically, did you sign an agreement that stated what you aren’t allowed to disclose and for how long? If so, yes. If not, no.

Also, NDAs in general cover only information that you’ve learned after you’ve signed it, not the info you learned before or from 3rd parties or is already publicly known etc.

…sorry to go off topic. Looking forward to more details, once they’re known :)

sanatjha

04 Mar 2021, 08:49

Hey, I am a gamer and ready to be a beta tester and really it sounds interesting

headphone_jack

04 Mar 2021, 22:28

Definitely sign me up. My current mouse is dying, would be nice to either purchase or receive something more comfortable.

Muirium
µ

04 Mar 2021, 22:35

Uh, 2016 called…

headphone_jack

06 Mar 2021, 17:43

Muirium wrote:
04 Mar 2021, 22:35
Uh, 2016 called…
Ah.

Return to “Mice & other input devices”