Looking for beta testers for a new ergonomic based gaming mouse.

ergoguy

11 Dec 2015, 22:15

Hi Guys,

We are UK based company looking for beta testers for a new ergonomic gaming mouse. It's design is focused on accuracy and comfort.

We will need a short questionnaire completed. We will then look to send samples out for user feedback. Users involved will receive a free mouse if the design goes ahead.

Thanks guys.

User avatar
chzel

11 Dec 2015, 22:40

Welcome, can you give any clue as to what the mouse is? Ambidexterous? Vertical? Give us a bit more info!

User avatar
Spharx

11 Dec 2015, 23:32

A "gaming mouse ... focused on accuracy and comfort", sound interesting, esp. since everything that seems to be more comfortable than a traditional mouse design is totally not suitable for gaming.

User avatar
JanitorJoe

12 Dec 2015, 08:04

I'm interested in giving it a try. I too am curious to know just what the heck it might be.

User avatar
ImbaHue

12 Dec 2015, 09:20

Hi,

I'm also interested.

-imbaHue

User avatar
gogusrl

12 Dec 2015, 09:32

sign me up

Findecanor

12 Dec 2015, 10:02

I'm interested. I have been using semi-vertical or vertical ergonomic mice for some years, and I play fast FPS games, (although not the latest ones because I'm still on older hardware.)

However, when you say "ergonomic" then you should expect that expression to be challenged. What could be considered ergonomic or not is not black and white. Stores that are more specialized towards ergonomic products are especially picky.
There are also lots of peripheral products out there that has got a "Ergonomic" sticker on them just because the maker could get away with it - while not actually being particularly geared towards better ergonomics at all. For instance, while a large name-brand would have put a sticker on their keyboard that said "This device can hurt your wrist" some less scrupulous brands have put an "Ergonomic" label to almost identical designs.

andrewjoy

12 Dec 2015, 12:32

Sounds interesting. I would be interested it giving it a good workout and see what its like.

User avatar
chzel

12 Dec 2015, 12:46

Just in case it wasn't obvious from my earlier post, I'm interested as well, but I'd need a leftie or ambidextrous version!

Miko

13 Dec 2015, 01:55

I'm very interested as well.

seaworthy

31 Dec 2015, 04:46

ergoguy wrote: Hi Guys,

We are UK based company looking for beta testers for a new ergonomic gaming mouse. It's design is focused on accuracy and comfort.

We will need a short questionnaire completed. We will then look to send samples out for user feedback. Users involved will receive a free mouse if the design goes ahead.

Thanks guys.
I’m interested in helping beta test your mouse. I’ve been involved in user interface design and usability testing and could offer useful feedback.

User avatar
ohaimark
Kingpin

31 Dec 2015, 05:13

Is this UK only? I'd love to contribute -- I am U.S. based, but I've been trained in usability studies, thus I could provide useful feedback.

ergoguy

03 Jan 2016, 16:08

Hi all,

Thanks for all taking the time to get back in touch.

We will be in back in contact next week to answer individual questions and advise on next steps.

Thanks for your time.

User avatar
shreebles
Finally 60%

03 Jan 2016, 17:31

If I'm not too late, I'm interested as well. I have written a few keyboard reviews on this forum here.

User avatar
ramnes
ПБТ НАВСЕГДА

03 Jan 2016, 22:13

Please sign me up!

I'm always in for new mouses, especially if they have a good sensor and no prediction.

I'm still searching for one with a better plastic texture, something like grainy thick PBT.

User avatar
Elrick

04 Jan 2016, 01:31

ramnes wrote: Please sign me up!

I'm always in for new mouses, especially if they have a good sensor and no prediction.

I'm still searching for one with a better plastic texture, something like grainy thick PBT.
Same here, would love a 3988 sensor with an all PBT housing in a semi vertical position which would make it a first for Ergonomic Mice.

Really make something good but don't add another failure to the land fill sites, world wide.

User avatar
Geroximo

04 Jan 2016, 04:04

My Zowie FK broke down just recently. I was not statisfied with the build quality at all.
The current market is lacking the right mouse for me, so I'm back on my old MX518.

I would be willing to test a new mouse, hopefully with a flawless sensor, good ergonomics and especially a solid build quality.

User avatar
Touch_It

04 Jan 2016, 05:21

Sign me up if shipping to the US isn't an issue. Occasionally I struggle with pain and soreness in my right wrist and hand.

ergoguy

04 Jan 2016, 19:47

Findecanor wrote: I'm interested. I have been using semi-vertical or vertical ergonomic mice for some years, and I play fast FPS games, (although not the latest ones because I'm still on older hardware.)

However, when you say "ergonomic" then you should expect that expression to be challenged. What could be considered ergonomic or not is not black and white. Stores that are more specialized towards ergonomic products are especially picky.
There are also lots of peripheral products out there that has got a "Ergonomic" sticker on them just because the maker could get away with it - while not actually being particularly geared towards better ergonomics at all. For instance, while a large name-brand would have put a sticker on their keyboard that said "This device can hurt your wrist" some less scrupulous brands have put an "Ergonomic" label to almost identical designs.

ergoguy

04 Jan 2016, 19:49

Miko wrote: I'm very interested as well.
Hi. Tried to reply via PM but going into outbox. Please can you pm me?

Thanks

ergoguy

04 Jan 2016, 19:50

Elrick wrote:
ramnes wrote: Please sign me up!

I'm always in for new mouses, especially if they have a good sensor and no prediction.

I'm still searching for one with a better plastic texture, something like grainy thick PBT.
Same here, would love a 3988 sensor with an all PBT housing in a semi vertical position which would make it a first for Ergonomic Mice.

Really make something good but don't add another failure to the land fill sites, world wide.
Hi. Tried to reply via PM but going into outbox. Please can you pm me?

Thanks

User avatar
bvtton

04 Jan 2016, 23:45

Interested :) would love to try an ergonomic mouse that is also good for gaming

KRKS

05 Jan 2016, 16:22

Did I REALLY get fucking spam about this mouse without ever going into this thread?

Normally I wouldn't come here, since I'm fine with my 3.1, but now that you went out of your way to throw junk at me, I'm going to throw junk at you now as well. And where did you get my email from anyway? If DT admins just gave it out so easily then I'm outta here and changing my mail(as well as making sure every single person that could hear about it will).

User avatar
seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

05 Jan 2016, 16:26

KRKS wrote: If DT admins just gave it out so easily...
I really don't think so, and I've been around DT for a while.

User avatar
shreebles
Finally 60%

05 Jan 2016, 16:30

KRKS wrote: Normally I wouldn't come here, since I'm fine with my 3.1, but now that you went out of your way to throw junk at me, I'm going to throw junk at you now as well. And where did you get my email from anyway? If DT admins just gave it out so easily then I'm outta here and changing my mail
I didn't get any mail from them yet and I signed up for this...

User avatar
chzel

05 Jan 2016, 16:32

KRKS wrote: And where did you get my email from anyway? If DT admins just gave it out so easily then I'm outta here and changing my mail(as well as making sure every single person that could hear about it will).
Hey! Hold your horses...Don't rush to accuse people before you get your facts straight. No one gave out emails.
I guess you are talking about the same email I got, titled "Beta testing", notice who the sender is.
Also notice the following:
"To go ahead I will require an email address to send the Google Form
questionnaire too."
If they had your email, would they ask for it?
Spoiler:
KRKS.png
KRKS.png (30.19 KiB) Viewed 2118 times
If they sent it to all members, even ones that didn't ask to participate, it's really bad form, but not a fault of the DT admins/mods.

KRKS

05 Jan 2016, 16:41

chzel wrote:
KRKS wrote: And where did you get my email from anyway? If DT admins just gave it out so easily then I'm outta here and changing my mail(as well as making sure every single person that could hear about it will).
Hey! Hold your horses...Don't rush to accuse people before you get your facts straight. No one gave out emails.
I guess you are talking about the same email I got, titled "Beta testing", notice who the sender is.
Also notice the following:
"To go ahead I will require an email address to send the Google Form
questionnaire too."
If they had your email, would they ask for it?
Spoiler:
KRKS.png
If they sent it to all members, even ones that didn't ask to participate, it's really bad form, but not a fault of the DT admins/mods.
Touche.

But still, I'd be nice if they didn't clog up my email for no reason. Also, I need to update my profile.

User avatar
chzel

05 Jan 2016, 16:44

True, and I'd prefer they didn't ask for an email and handled this via PM.
I'm still on the fence whether I should provide an email or not.

KRKS

07 Jan 2016, 08:54

So I just got sent the exact same message again.
ergospam.png
ergospam.png (54.27 KiB) Viewed 2031 times

User avatar
ImbaHue

07 Jan 2016, 09:14

Weird.

He has my email address which I sent to him and I have received the same email but via DT and not from other external sources. That's 2 emails but those are from the 3rd of Jan. Things are pretty quiet so far.

Post Reply

Return to “Mice & other input devices”