Lightweight Mouse Suggestions?

Shenpai

20 May 2016, 23:52

Hey guys, I'm new to Deskthority. I'm currently using a Deathadder Chroma, which has lasted me a while. I like most of the things about it, but I find it a little heavy for my preferences. This was particularly evident when I was playing osu!. I like the shape of the DA, but I'm not stubborn on it. In my Solidworks class, we use this Dell Mouse (http://cdn.shopclues.net/images/detaile ... _ms111.jpg) and I have find it strangely comfortable as well. I use a hybrid palm claw grip, my grip height is 19.5 cm. Would anyone have any suggestions? I don't need any fancy frills like RGB lighting or a plethora of additional buttons, just need it to be black, good sensor, and lightweight (definitely lower than 100 grams).

Thanks in advance!

Dra

21 May 2016, 00:11

Lowest weight with a 'perfect' sensor will be the Zowie FK (no idea about the name of the most recent one)

Even lighter than that if the mad catz r.a.t. pro s, although i don't know if there's any flaws with it, looked promising in store.

And the lightest I've held is the r.a.t. 1 at 50g, although i believe it uses an inferior sensor

need

21 May 2016, 00:29

I'm using this mouse at the moment, it's so light that I've taped a stack of coins under the shell.

http://www.amazon.com/HV-MS976GT-2-4GHz ... e+wireless

Shenpai

21 May 2016, 01:24

Dra wrote: Lowest weight with a 'perfect' sensor will be the Zowie FK (no idea about the name of the most recent one)

Even lighter than that if the mad catz r.a.t. pro s, although i don't know if there's any flaws with it, looked promising in store.

And the lightest I've held is the r.a.t. 1 at 50g, although i believe it uses an inferior sensor
Ahh ok, I kind of want to avoid R.A.T. mice, but only heard good things about Zowie mice. I was also looking into the G303 considering I was comfortable using the Dell mouse.

Shenpai

21 May 2016, 01:25

need wrote: I'm using this mouse at the moment, it's so light that I've taped a stack of coins under the shell.

http://www.amazon.com/HV-MS976GT-2-4GHz ... e+wireless
Not looking into Wireless at the moment, but thanks for the suggestion nonetheless.

davkol

21 May 2016, 13:50

There are plenty of light mice: MS WMO, Logitech G100s, CM Storm Alcor, Roccat Kone Pure*,…

TuxKey
LLAP

23 May 2016, 13:11

Hi there,

Welcome to DT :D

three weeks ago i was in the same boat looking for a replacement for my Logitech M500. The reason why i wanted to replace is that it had no cpi/dpi switch..

There is a guide that i referenced for censor type and specs like weight (i only read the specs btw hahaa)

https://geekhack.org/?topic=56240.0

i found these two guys on youtube that were very helpful and talked about a lot of mice.. Takasta and Rocket Jump Ninja...

I almost went with the CM Storm Alcor with a weight of 86grams. But i didn't because of the sensor.
i prefer the 3310.

What i did notice is that there are few mice that meet my censor requirements + build quality. And most important usable without any software crap.. And being light weight..it's tough one..

So i went completely in opposite direction and bought the Ducky Secret a 122grams heavy beast (without any weights).
You can read my views on this heavy beast here

really curious to hear your final decision and your thoughts about it after you get it..
Good luck mate..

davkol

23 May 2016, 15:55

TuxKey wrote: censor
That's some serious obsession.

Elrick

24 May 2016, 10:12

Shenpai wrote: I was also looking into the G303 considering I was comfortable using the Dell mouse.
YES the G303 has the most perfect sensor currently available for smaller mice but also have a look at the Steelseries Rival 100, very small and light but it has a 3059 sensor, so the max would be 4000dpi (that's if you would ever use it at that resolution).

chzel

24 May 2016, 16:15

The Mionix Avior 7000 is another good choice, 3310 sensor, and I just weighed it at 105gr (minus cable ofc).

Return to “Mice & other input devices”