Handheld Trackball

ohaimark
Kingpin

07 Jun 2016, 05:51

Odd mice and computer fans were my obsessions... Until I discovered vintage mechs.

Computer fan collecting didn't last, but I found my endgame weird mouse/trackball. I'm never letting the little thing go.

Here are a few quick shots:
Attachments
mwside.jpg
mwside.jpg (36.25 KiB) Viewed 5501 times
mwtop.jpg
mwtop.jpg (78.45 KiB) Viewed 5501 times
mwbottom.jpg
mwbottom.jpg (77.33 KiB) Viewed 5501 times

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

07 Jun 2016, 09:45

Hmm very interesting, how practical is it compared to a regular mouse?

davkol

07 Jun 2016, 12:31

Trust? And it hasn't fallen apart yet? Wow!

It looks more or less like the trackballs sold at Deal Extreme, but they're pretty much crap, unfortunately. I'd love a wireless one as a presenter otherwise.

ohaimark
Kingpin

08 Jun 2016, 01:51

It's not great for everyday use. Manipulating the trackball with your thumb is difficult unless the sensitivity is set low, which means flicking the trackball to cross large areas of screen on a regular basis. It's also worth noting that horizontal scrolling is far easier than vertical scrolling.

In terms of amusement value, however, it is priceless. It feels like using some sort of weapon due to the left click trigger. :evilgeek:

I think the older models had a higher build quality -- this one is PS/2, which dates it somewhat.

Redmaus
Gotta start somewhere

08 Jun 2016, 01:57

That must be fun to use in CSGO. :lol:

ohaimark
Kingpin

08 Jun 2016, 01:59

I've tried gaming with it. Christ on a damn cracker -- it's awful!

Ratfink

13 Jun 2016, 02:15

Redmaus wrote: That must be fun to use in CSGO. :lol:
Yeah, trackballs are great for all your 360 scout noscope needs. And pretending to have a spinbot.

thomascherry

16 Jun 2016, 17:53

on amazon you can find a wireless version with a built in laser pointer.

TuxKey
LLAP

22 Jun 2016, 15:58

i have the same trackball with usb don't use it ..was just a novelty i got years ago hahahah

GEIST

22 Jun 2016, 17:06

Funny this trackball come up here today. A few hours ago I searched for a small trackball to use it in a keyboard/mice-all-in-one-thing and found this one. But all reviews already said that it wont last more than a few month.

mecano

30 Sep 2016, 11:15

Tuxkey, if it's optical, send it to me, I need parts :mrgreen:

Return to “Mice & other input devices”