Looking for a high DPI mouse, ASAP for black Friday.

andrewjoy

14 Nov 2016, 12:38

Hi all .

I currently have a https://www.amazon.co.uk/EC-Technology% ... B00R7NAFKI
I am very happy with the design and build quality however the DPI is just too low for a 4k screen in my opinion.

I have a Logitech Performance MX too and that thing is total and complete dogshit, i regret buying it but i was desperate and it was the only 1/2 decent thing in the local shop when my death adder died, so no logitech

With amazons black Friday stuff starting i was wondering if anyone had any experience with some of the cheaper "gaming" mice on amazon.

List of requirements

20-30 GBP
thumb rest if possible
high DPI (8200) for 4k
no logitech
not look too much like a gamer mouse.
no stupid shiny plastic
no wireless
accurate sensor ( unlike the logi i mentioned)

need

14 Nov 2016, 15:44

Although this is wireless and might not have a high dpi, but for £9 that I've paid its pretty nice.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Wireless-HAVIT ... Havi+mouse

davkol

15 Nov 2016, 15:08

Warning: the typical high-resolution laser sensors like A9800 tend to be imprecise starting below 4000 dpi.

Thus, you should be looking at PMW 3366, ideally. That would be Logitech G303, G403, G502, G900 and G Pro. All of them are (way) above your budget, but at least G502 can be found second-hand at reasonable prices.

Then there's 3360 and even the older 3310. It doesn't match 3366 esp. at high resolution, but at least these mice tend to be cheaper than their laser counterparts, while tracking is more consistent at low resolution and isn't worse than A9800's at higher resolution. Models like Roccat Kone Pure Military are quite cheap these days too.

andrewjoy

15 Nov 2016, 18:31

Thanks for the input, i found a mouse but i cannot post what one yet as i got 2 of them, one i will use one will be a part of something else .

It was just above my range but black friday made it around the lower of my range.

hook

21 Nov 2016, 15:26

I can warmly recommend Roccat. I have their Kone Pure, which is programmable and can be set up to 8200 DPI. I usually switch between 1600 or 3200, depending whether I’m using it on the actual desk or a on my armrest.

After I already had it for a while I tried a high-end Logitech (which would have been my other option) and I’m honestly happy I chose the Roccat.

Even the community-based FOSS Linux drivers work perfectly fine with it :D

…for your budget, I’d say go for a Kova (but not Kova[+]!) or a Kiro – Kova (7000 DPI) is an ambidextrous/symmetrical mouse and the Kiro (sadly only 4000 DPI) is a modular one, where you can add or remove extra keys on left and/or right side of the mouse.

sprigun

22 Nov 2016, 15:46

The Logitech G502 is quite similar in pricing to the Kone Pure. Has a higher DPI of up to 12,000 but it is only for right handers.

I don't think you will go wrong with either of these, however you didn't mention what is your upper budget so we're only guessing here as to which mouse will fit your bill.

hook

22 Nov 2016, 18:24

sprigun wrote: I don't think you will go wrong with either of these, however you didn't mention what is your upper budget so we're only guessing here as to which mouse will fit your bill.
I think his "20-30 GBP" was meant as a budget. Although that is quite slim for a proper (even non-gaming) rodent.

andrewjoy

22 Nov 2016, 18:27

Thanks guys i got one.

well i got two , for the bottom end of my limit.

I am using one, the other however...

hook

22 Nov 2016, 18:35

Great to hear it! But don’t leave us hanging – what did you get? :3

sprigun

22 Nov 2016, 22:11

Some would say a mouse is just a mouse right? I like that you have a backup for it grins

belowgeek

01 Mar 2017, 15:06

You may want to get a mouse with an optical sensor. That being said, the Razer Deathadder Elite is actually a pretty good mouse in terms of ergonomics and the sensor. You cannot go wrong with it.:)

Return to “Mice & other input devices”