Ugliest mouse?

rich1051414

24 Oct 2017, 19:47

I have seen quite a lot of ugly mice over the years. Sometimes function over form is taken too literally. What is the ugliest mouse you have come across?

I actually owned this mouse 10 years ago, when it was owned by Saitek. This mouse was ugly for a reason, but ugly nonetheless.
612EPv+CvbL._SL1500_.jpg
612EPv+CvbL._SL1500_.jpg (120.1 KiB) Viewed 5175 times

Phenix
-p

24 Oct 2017, 21:24

Actually I like the adjustability of the RAT mice.. never owned one tough.

I dislike the appearance of Sharkoons mice, as the LEDs can’t be turned off :(

Findecanor

24 Oct 2017, 22:44

Nah. I would say that the RAT mouse is an acquired taste, but I would not call it butt ugly. Its aesthetic might right in into some theme. But what the Elle is the scale on the top for, if there is no pointer to it?

Would ugly mice that were made to look like something else apply?
I have seen lots of novelty mice: mice with ears and tail, female torso with boobs, airplane, cars, dogs, cats, pigs, bugs, hamburger, etc. not to mention various artists' one-offs, some of which are disgusting.

jorrakay

25 Oct 2017, 00:30

James Donkey mice. It sucks too because the modularity of them is super cool, I want to like them and support indie input device folks, the mice just have that over-the top angle-y Gamer(tm) look.

http://www.jamesdonkey.co/james-donkey-mouse/

They're having a sale on now though... Dang the $10 one... Why's it gotta be yellow

kokokoy

25 Oct 2017, 01:47

That RAT mouse was 10 yrs ago?! Damn! I had that (wired and wireless) and love it. Very functional and comfortable. All that gimmicky stuff (thumb scroll, thumb rest and button, adjustable weight and palm) was actually very useful as far as I remember. Though the look is something you need to overcome; too gamer-y but guess if they toned that a bit the overall funtionality of it might be negatively affected.

rich1051414

25 Oct 2017, 04:07

kokokoy wrote: That RAT mouse was 10 yrs ago?! Damn! I had that (wired and wireless) and love it. Very functional and comfortable. All that gimmicky stuff (thumb scroll, thumb rest and button, adjustable weight and palm) was actually very useful as far as I remember. Though the look is something you need to overcome; too gamer-y but guess if they toned that a bit the overall funtionality of it might be negatively affected.
It used to be made by Saitek.

I never claimed it was a bad mouse. I loved it. But I thought all the features and adjustability made it look hideous, but obviously, 'ugly' is subjective :)

In my opinion, here is another that is hideous
71+d05f0HKL._SL1500_.jpg
71+d05f0HKL._SL1500_.jpg (149.56 KiB) Viewed 5112 times

davkol

26 Oct 2017, 00:08

Patriot Viper V570

Daniel Beardsmore

26 Oct 2017, 00:13

The Magic Eagle looks like someone's rage quit and beat the mouse to death with a hammer.

Menuhin

26 Oct 2017, 01:46

(http://www.instructables.com/id/Mouse-Mouse!/)

Completed with other accessories:
Spoiler:

davkol

26 Oct 2017, 02:21

rich1051414

26 Oct 2017, 18:43

Menuhin wrote: Image

(http://www.instructables.com/id/Mouse-Mouse!/)

Completed with other accessories:
Spoiler:
I threw up in my mouth a little. I don't know if anyone can beat this xD

Return to “Mice & other input devices”