Commodore mouse - $0.3 flea market find repair

green-squid

29 Oct 2017, 17:29

I found this cool commodore mouse at the flea market, so I cleanded it out and repaired it.

Inside (with broken switches)
After cleaning and new switches from a VCR front panel
My not-so pretty solder job. I accidentally lifted one of the pins a bit, but I put a bit of solder on it, so it should be good! :)
Next to my VIC-20

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

29 Oct 2017, 17:32

Oh that looks exactly like the mouse that came with my Amiga 1000 back in the day. Nice. Mitsumi of course.

green-squid

29 Oct 2017, 17:38

seebart wrote: Oh that looks exactly like the mouse that came with my Amiga 1000 back in the day. Nice. Mitsumi of course.
Thanks!

Findecanor

29 Oct 2017, 18:12

Looks like the mouse I still have for my Amiga 500. The pinout is in the Wiki. There is no protocol: only leads in the cable from the rotary encoders and buttons.
The Amiga had counters for the mouse in one of the custom chips so all you had to do as a programmer was to read X and Y values as bytes from registers and compare with previously stored values.
Last edited by Findecanor on 29 Oct 2017, 18:23, edited 2 times in total.

green-squid

29 Oct 2017, 18:22

Findecanor wrote: Looks like the mouse I still have for my Amiga 500. The pinout is in the Wiki. There is no protocol: only leads in the cable from the rotary encoders and buttons.
The Amiga had counters for the mouse in one of the custom chips so all you had to do as a programmer was to read X and Y values as bytes from registers and compare with previously stored values.
Neat!

Return to “Mice & other input devices”