Intelimouse classic, anyone tried one yet? Worth a buy?

nickg

31 Oct 2017, 18:18

Like I expect it to be comfy sine it has that shape, but i hear it also uses a not so good sensor. On one had that *could* be bad for gaming, granted the greats of yore used ball mice sooo idk how bad any modern optical sensor can really be. For non gaming use i expect it to be fine but im just curious is all :)

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

31 Oct 2017, 18:51

No idea, but I might give it a try.

https://www.techspot.com/news/71454-mic ... mouse.html

wobbled

31 Oct 2017, 18:53

I still have like 20 of the originals on standby so I don't really think I need one, they do look very nice though.

seebart

31 Oct 2017, 19:01

wobbled wrote: I still have like 20 of the originals on standby so I don't really think I need one, they do look very nice though.
You have 20 Intelli's NIB stocked ?!? :o

:mrgreen:
Spoiler:
16behwy.jpg
16behwy.jpg (41.5 KiB) Viewed 6015 times

wobbled

31 Oct 2017, 19:05

Yup, work bought them back in the early 2000's and had a bunch left over

nickg

31 Oct 2017, 21:16

seebart wrote:
wobbled wrote: I still have like 20 of the originals on standby so I don't really think I need one, they do look very nice though.
You have 20 Intelli's NIB stocked ?!? :o

:mrgreen:
Spoiler:
16behwy.jpg
For what its worth the 3.0 are only about $20 on ebay(I know I got one before I knew of the new one) so they arent too hard to stockpile even now. Japanese NIB ones even.

wobbled

31 Oct 2017, 21:35

All mine are 1.1A's and I only have 2 NIB, rest are either new without box or slightly used.
But yeh there's a NIB white WMO on ebay UK right now for about £30

Daniel Beardsmore

31 Oct 2017, 22:48

Oh I thought you mean the old beige ball models! :P

Nice design if you're right-handed, but the firmware seemed to be buggy, just as the IMO firmware is buggy. I also had Tracker-brand Microsoft mice that wore out fast.

If only you could buy an IMO made by a quality manufacturer!

Topre Enthusiast

01 Nov 2017, 01:20

Was excited to hear about this until I found out it uses the BlueTrack sensor which is absolute pus for gaming :(
Intellimouse 3.0 with a 3310 or 3360 would be grail mouse for me.

Starck

01 Nov 2017, 09:48

What mouse/mice are you using now?

I personally am a fan of the standard Logitech Pilot shape. I tried both the intellimouse 3.0 and 1.1 and could not get used to it. It was very difficult for me to pick the mouse up when playing shooters.

The sensor was fine in both, no tracking issue's on low sense.

wobbled

01 Nov 2017, 15:50

Im happy with my two mx masters

nickg

01 Nov 2017, 16:11

002 wrote: Was excited to hear about this until I found out it uses the BlueTrack sensor which is absolute pus for gaming :(
Intellimouse 3.0 with a 3310 or 3360 would be grail mouse for me.

I gotta agree, tried out a friend's one last night. Were it not for that dangd angle snapping it would be just fine. But its also just as comfy is not slightly moreso than the 3.0. Im tempted to get one and try to mod the sensor/internals with a 3310

That said if I had space for more than a trackball at work Id be getting one for the office, this IS a great office mouse there is no doubt.

hoaryhag

01 Nov 2017, 23:14

The original 3.0's are rare NIB. One sold for $200 the other week. But, yeah you can get a used one for $20. You need a product number starting in X08. The silver cover with black buttons. The others are remakes. If they come up with a new one that compares to the original, that would be great.

Topre Enthusiast

02 Nov 2017, 01:11

Starck wrote: What mouse/mice are you using now?
I use a Steelseries Rival 300 at home. Before that, a Zowie FK2 which I found to be the right length, but too thin. Also, the mousewheel has an issue where the click indentations are not in harmony with actuation meaning occasionally it will trigger a scroll on even the lightest feather touch...which was totally unacceptable for me, so I gave that one to my daughter. At work I use a Cooler Master Mastermouse S which is the right width, but a bit too short -- otherwise, no issues.

hoaryhag

02 Nov 2017, 03:30

Idk, Amazon has a couple reviews on this Intellimouse Classic that say the optical sensor just isn't up to par with the original. They may have tried too hard and not taken into consideration why the original was so well received.

green-squid

05 Nov 2017, 11:58

This thing looks great! FInally a good non gamery mouse!

nickg

06 Nov 2017, 18:01

green-squid wrote: This thing looks great! FInally a good non gamery mouse!
I mean not to sound rude but what do you mean by finally? There have been great office mice(some of which had gaming grade laser sensors) for a while now. I'll admit they arent very advertised but my brother had one and loved it. :)

green-squid

06 Nov 2017, 21:25

nickg wrote:
green-squid wrote: This thing looks great! FInally a good non gamery mouse!
I mean not to sound rude but what do you mean by finally? There have been great office mice(some of which had gaming grade laser sensors) for a while now. I'll admit they arent very advertised but my brother had one and loved it. :)
I just don't like the design of a lot of the mice that are being made. I think I meant 'good, non-flashy looking' mice. And I'll have to back down on that statement. After looking around a bit, there are actually some good looking mice out there that are still sold on Amazon (even some RGB ones look good).

And it was a bit hypocritical of me because I'm currently using this mouse and I like it (mostly)!

seebart

16 Jan 2018, 09:04

Looks like new IntelliMouse Explorer is selling now, first impressions are mixed:

http://www.overclock.net/t/1640202/micr ... t_26407938

https://thenextweb.com/gaming/2017/10/2 ... Stories%29

Return to “Mice & other input devices”