Dell Microsoft Intellimouse 1.3A PS/2 - $0.7 flea market find!

green-squid

05 Nov 2017, 13:05

I found this cool mouse today! It didn't have a ball and a cover, so I hacked one up from an other mouse. I really like it.

I also found this Texas Instruments calculator for $1.4, but it's kind of slow.

rich1051414

19 Nov 2017, 19:18

As much as I am a fan of vintage tech, wheel mice are a memory I do not want to revisit.

My memories of wheel mice are clouded by the sound they make when you slam them on the table multiple times out of frustration.

andrewjoy

19 Nov 2017, 19:32

rich1051414 wrote: As much as I am a fan of vintage tech, wheel mice are a memory I do not want to revisit.

My memories of wheel mice are clouded by the sound they make when you slam them on the table multiple times out of frustration.
Some wheel mice where OK , some of the higher quality ones had the black coated ball ( not sure what it was some form of carbonised rubber or somthing. They also had much better optical sensors.

green-squid

19 Nov 2017, 20:07

rich1051414 wrote: As much as I am a fan of vintage tech, wheel mice are a memory I do not want to revisit.

I like a lot of ball mice! I'm using the one in the post right now, actually!

Findecanor

20 Nov 2017, 06:14

Are you referring to mice with wheels on the top, the bottom or the inside?

Starck

20 Nov 2017, 08:28

I remember there was a Quake 3 player (Zero4) who used this mouse when there already where very good optical mice. And he won al lot!

rich1051414

20 Nov 2017, 19:30

I guess it was simply the cheap ones I used, but I remember them having to have the rods cleaned religiously otherwise they would stick and jump around like crazy. I am surprised no one else here had such memories. It makes me think my childhood was a lie.

andrewjoy

20 Nov 2017, 22:25

rich1051414 wrote: I guess it was simply the cheap ones I used, but I remember them having to have the rods cleaned religiously otherwise they would stick and jump around like crazy. I am surprised no one else here had such memories. It makes me think my childhood was a lie.

Dont buy cheap mice :P.

rich1051414

22 Nov 2017, 15:22

I realized today that many older mice did not work well with direct sunlight, and I remember the room the family computer in was also the sun room. I wonder if this played a part in my deep hatred of ball mice.

Return to “Mice & other input devices”