New wiki page for Logitech wireless mice

elecplus

15 Feb 2018, 08:20

I would like to create a new wiki page for all Logitech wireless mice, and the receivers that work with them. This info is very scattered across the web, and difficult to find. If someone could please setup the page, I will fill in as much as I can. Fields needed: Mouse Name, Mouse Part Number, Mouse PID, Receiver name, Receiver PN, Receiver PID, and pictures for both mouse and receiver.

Note: Many wireless mice came paired with wireless keyboards, so we could add the keyboard info also.

Thank you!

Daniel Beardsmore

15 Feb 2018, 09:50

Is there any crossover between the mouse receivers and keyboard receivers, or is this specifically for mice only?

Trying to think of a succinct page title ... "Logitech wireless mouse and receiver compatibility" maybe — but I'm curious why only mice, and not keyboards or mouse and keyboard sets. (I'm guessing that for the sets, there would only be one receiver.)

elecplus

15 Feb 2018, 11:48

For the sets, there is only one receiver. I would be glad to do the keyboards also, but since they are all rubber domes, I don't know that they would be of much interest here.

http://support.logitech.com/en_us/parts#2main-a This is an example of some of the info available, but it does not include the vintage mice, nor most of the recently discontinued ones.

I have over 100 mice/trackballs that I could document, but there are no pages for them, and I don't know how to start one from scratch.

Daniel Beardsmore

15 Feb 2018, 19:33

So, page title candidate, "Logitech receiver compatibility".

This is a many-to-many relationship (each receiver may support multiple products, and each product may utilise multiple receivers). There seem to be two options, with one being (similar to the page above):

Picture (of receiver), Part number (of receiver), Name (of receiver), Products recognised

The last column would be a list of products (keyboards, mice, trackballs and keyboard/mouse sets) that are supported by that receiver.

Alternatively, if you feel that people are more likely to want to read down the list for their keyboard/mouse/trackball and read off what receivers it can be used with, the table could be entered as a list of products, with a column for supported receivers:

Product, Supported receivers

The last column would be in the form "Name (P/N: part number)"

(Note that you will have fun with the Unifying Receiver :)

My suggestion: play around with it in a spreadsheet program and assemble something that suits your needs, and rearrange the spreadsheet until you are satisfied.

I can then convert that spreadsheet into a wiki table fairly easily.

Bear in mind that—as well as consuming space—pictures will involve a lot of extra work: you would need to take or acquire a lot of pictures for this. Pictures of the receivers may help reassure people, but pictures of the keyboards, mice and trackballs is probably unnecessary.

And yes, I would include all supported products (keyboards, mice, trackballs etc) — and the wiki does not exclude rubber domes.

elecplus

15 Feb 2018, 23:47

Thank you, Daniel, I will work on this!

Return to “Mice & other input devices”