new wireless Elecom trackballs [2019]

davkol

17 Nov 2019, 22:31

The Elecom website now lists three new wireless trackball models (each either Bluetooth, or their proprietary protocol):
  • bitra: right-handed, thumb-operated (M-MT1*)
  • bitra: right-handed, fingertip-operated (M-MT2*)
  • relacon: ambidextrous, hand-held presenter-like (M-RT1*)
Shared specification:
  • either Bluetooth 4.0 Class 2 (HID Over GATT Profile), or Elecom's proprietary wireless technology (USB receiver)
  • AAA battery
  • on/off switch
  • optical sensor w/ up to 1500 dpi (lower settings 750 or 500/1000 dpi)
  • presumably 34mm ball on three 2.5mm artificial-ruby points
  • 5 buttons including wheel (relacon has an additional D-pad for media controls)
  • compact dimensions (bitra: 6-7 × 9 × 4 cm), low weight (~80 g without battery)

Findecanor

17 Nov 2019, 23:15

Hmm. You'd have to buy either the Bluetooth or the 2.4GHz dongle version. There is not support for both and USB as there is in the DEFT Pro.

I wonder what more seasoned trackball-users are going to think about the finger-operated Bitra's button placement - is it better or worse than what the DEFT Pro has? I've read one review where the reviewer prefers them forward/back instead of upper/lower.

That one on the bottom looks obviously like a Wii "nunchuck", except that the Nintendo's is narrower.

lhutton

08 Dec 2019, 19:40

I've never owned an Elecom ball but these look tempting. Like the fact that it uses a bog standard AAA battery.

Return to “Mice & other input devices”