- Location: CZ
- Main keyboard: Kinesis Advantage2, JIS Realforce/ThinkPad,…
- Main mouse: CST L-Trac, Elecom EX-G Pro, Roccat Kova Pure
- Favorite switch: #vintage ghost Cherry MX Black (+ thick POM caps)
- DT Pro Member: -
Perixx started making a new thumb trackball similar to Logitech M570 back in 2017. Wired Perimice-517 and wireless (proprietary) Perimice-717. Classic 34mm ball, 5 buttons including wheel, but extra two buttons for switching DPI (400/1000), rubber-coated and quite wide shape. It was decent.
I've recently noticed that the wireless model wasn't available anymore, though. Well, it turns out that there's a successor: Perimice-720
Perixx sells it through their official US eBay account,
currently for $40.
- Wireless 2.4 GHz and Bluetooth (still 2×AAA batteries; on/off switch)
- (6 buttons including 4-direction wheel)
- (dimensions 139×102×50 mm; weight 140 g)
- Three Adjustable Angles (plastic bases for 10° or 20° tilt)
- 600/1600 Adjustable DPI Level
- (1000Hz polling rate)
- System Requirements: Windows 7, 8, 10
FCC ID Z2G-PERIMICE-720
According to the FCC submission, there will be a wired model too (Perimice-520).
- Location: Berlin
- Main keyboard: KBPC E
- Main mouse: TrackMan Wheel
- Favorite switch: STB 21
- DT Pro Member: -
I wanted to retire my (wired) Logitec Trackman Wheel by the Perimice 520. Overall performance is okay, and it has a goot shape, but serveral drawbacks:
- For my taste, mouseckicks are too noisy/disturbing and the housing adds additional resonance.
- DPI switch is located on the bottom and thus unusable when higher precision is needed occasionally
- Middle mouse button (on scrollwheel) neds about 250cN force which is horrible and causes pain. But tilt right/left on scrollwheel is at 125cN, so this is often triggered unintentionally.
Due to item 3 I returned it after two days.