Suggestions for a plain, but heavy-duty mouse ?

kimobaksh38

19 Oct 2020, 17:01

<deleted spam>
Last edited by kimobaksh38 on 22 Oct 2020, 10:59, edited 1 time in total.

hellothere

20 Oct 2020, 02:18

You should be able to use a Logitech MX Master 3 with a wired connection. I'm not really into mice, but I bought an MX Master 2, when I was looking for something to replace a worn out trackball. It's pretty well built. It doesn't have 5000 buttons or LEDs.

fohat
Elder Messenger

20 Oct 2020, 02:40

That is an easy question. Microsoft Wheel Mouse Optical late-1990s era.

New on ebay $25, used $10-$15. I keep several on hand, it is inevitable that they will wear out after a few years.

Rayndalf

20 Oct 2020, 04:11

Logitech MX518 Legendary or the Microsoft Intellimouse Pro are recreations of classic office mice with great modern sensors.

Many gaming mice look very sharp if you turn the backlighting off (Razer Viper or the Logitech G203).

JP!

20 Oct 2020, 04:15

I've been using my Steel Series Sensei Raw for the 5+ years and no issues. My Razor Death Adder didn't last more than a year.

zuglufttier

22 Oct 2020, 16:16

I'd look at something where the plastic will not get shiny after one year or so. The rubber parts of the old Logitech MX518 turns into a sticky mess after a few years of use so I would avoid mice with any kind of rubber texture.

I have a Razer Viper Mini (with lighting turned off) which looks like it might last some years and still look good but who knows?

The Ducky Shine is supposed to have a good build quality: https://www.duckychannel.com.tw/en/Ducky-Secret

ddrfraser1

22 Oct 2020, 16:33

I just got the MX Master 2 as they've come way down in price since the 3 came out. You could also get a performance MX which is from like 2014. It has a lot of similar features but it is nice a bulky and has some good heft if that is what you're looking for. I still use mine on my work computer.

Return to “Mice & other input devices”