Mouse to match a Mechanical Keyboard?

Hak Foo

26 Nov 2021, 08:17

It seems like the custom mouse ecosystem is not as far along as the keyboard ecosystem. I suspect part of this is that a huge part of ergonomics and preferences are device size and shape. Getting a custom shaped mouse is likely to require custom injection moulding ($$$$) or 3D-printing (scales poorly, questionable materials)

Bjerrk

26 Nov 2021, 08:22

Findecanor

26 Nov 2021, 11:26

I think I have seen this particular SPAM posted half a dozen times before, even ...

Muirium
µ

26 Nov 2021, 11:55

It's spam attached to a good question, with SEO sizzle quite its own. Because, yes, mice are no better than regular modern keyboards. But we just don't care about them the same way at all.

I have three mice, I think, and only ever use one of them. Throw in one Bluetooth trackpad as well. Rest assured I have more than four keyboards, though!

If only there'd been better mice in the past, like there were far better keyboards. But no, rolling balls are mince. (Excepting trackballs, if you like those. I used one for a year or two, with my first laptop in the nineties, but they're not for me.)

Return to “Mice & other input devices”