G400 mouse: Stiff click buttons?

fuzzybaffy

14 Jul 2012, 01:45

Hi,

I was wondering what people's impressions were of the G400 click buttons? I'm on a second G400, and I'm finding the mouse clicks to be kind of stiff, and not very crisp. It almost feels "stale" if that makes any sense. I don't quite remember the first G400 being like this, and I'm wondering if I'm just forgetting how the first one felt, or if I have a bad copy of the mouse.

I could exchange it with another G400 to see if there's a difference, but I can't be bothered to return it AGAIN if/when I find out it has the same-feeling clicks. So I wanted to see others' impressions first, and if they were the same as mine, I would just straight-ahead buy a different mouse.

damorgue

14 Jul 2012, 02:19

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/diy-mouse- ... 495?item=8
I have built a few mice myself. The switches are cheap and I have only found ones with one strength. Above is a link where you can buy 20 switches for $2.2

This assumes you are speaking of the large buttons which uses these switches, I believe the G400 uses another type of switch for its smaller buttons.

blighty

17 Jul 2012, 23:14

I have only owned the G400 that I currently use, but in comparison to other mice I have used (laptop-bundled Asus wired and wireless mice (think they were Logitech), belkin, and a 10-yr-old Logitech optical) the buttons seem to take a bit more force. I especially notice it on the mousewheel button. I've only had it for a few months, so I was figuring I've yet to have broken it in. But I also think that cherry black switches are an easier press than MS Ergonomic Natural 4k wired, so my perceptions could be off.

Return to “Mice & other input devices”