I quit looking for a better mouse since ....

Mrinterface

03 Feb 2011, 14:39

Hi,

Ever since I got my Logitech G9 almost two years ago I quit looking for a better performing mouse. Before I got it I went through many logitech, microsoft and razer mice.

Who else owns something similar and has the same experience? :-)

Regards.
Last edited by Mrinterface on 03 Feb 2011, 19:26, edited 1 time in total.

Minskleip

03 Feb 2011, 19:19

My housemate has it ;) How fine grained can you adjust the dpi settings? Does it have profiles?

Mrinterface

03 Feb 2011, 19:25

The DPI settings can be adjusted from 0 to 3200 in steps of 200 DPI.
Yes, it has profiles as well -> they can be selected on the mouse itself , differently colored leds indicate which one you are using.

Just a great mouse... :-)

Regards.

bugfix

03 Feb 2011, 19:25

I had a G9 until its laser died. Logitech replaced it for free with a G9x...

I really like it, especially the 5600dpi.

Mrinterface

03 Feb 2011, 19:27

Makes you wonder why Logitech doesn't build keyboards in the same quality level as they build their mice....

sixty
Gasbag Guru

03 Feb 2011, 19:28

Cause the market does not demand it (anymore? yet?) I guess.

keyboardlover

03 Feb 2011, 19:29

Mrinterface wrote:Makes you wonder why Logitech doesn't build keyboards in the same quality level as they build their mice....
Actually I've found that Logitech's quality varies WIDELY with their mice. Some of their mice flat out suck!

Minskleip

03 Feb 2011, 19:32

I've had their dual optic mouse for 8 years probably, and it still works awesome. Just lost a foot and the rubber is deteriorating.

Mrinterface

03 Feb 2011, 19:39

keyboardlover wrote:
Mrinterface wrote:Makes you wonder why Logitech doesn't build keyboards in the same quality level as they build their mice....
Actually I've found that Logitech's quality varies WIDELY with their mice. Some of their mice flat out suck!
Alright, not all mice, but at least the build quality of the G9 series.....

ynih

03 Feb 2011, 23:01

I've been rocking a Logitech G5 for 3-4 years now and just bought another one for backup just in case I can no longer buy them new on the market anymore...

Julle

04 Feb 2011, 22:16

I bought a CST Lasertrac a year ago, and ever since then everything else has felt awkward. Unfortunately, I'm forced to use a regular mouse at work (usually a cheapo OEM one), and I can't really haul a large trackball with me from workstation to another all day long.

sixty
Gasbag Guru

04 Feb 2011, 22:24

Julle wrote:I bought a CST Lasertrac a year ago, and ever since then everything else has felt awkward. Unfortunately, I'm forced to use a regular mouse at work (usually a cheapo OEM one), and I can't really haul a large trackball with me from workstation to another all day long.
How long did you take to adjust to the trackball? I am considering to giving trackballs another go after like 10 years, but I'm afraid I got too used to mice.

daedalus
Buckler Of Springs

04 Feb 2011, 22:26

The Steelseries Ikari is a decent mouse, the finish on it is in shit and mine looks crap after about two years of use.

That said, I prefer either my Lasertrack, or a trackpoint.

itlnstln

04 Feb 2011, 22:29

I use this:

It's nice. Not for everyone, but it's comfortable.

Julle

04 Feb 2011, 23:47

sixty wrote:How long did you take to adjust to the trackball? I am considering to giving trackballs another go after like 10 years, but I'm afraid I got too used to mice.
It took me a week or two, though I've accustomed to using trackballs at work. Most of the ultrasound scanners have integrated trackballs for marking and measuring.

My wrist is much more comfortable with a large trackball than with any mouse. My accuracy is pretty good even in the occasional FPS and strategy game sessions.

daedalus
Buckler Of Springs

05 Feb 2011, 00:11

I can switch easily between trackballs and mice... I prefer Trackballs due to their stationary nature, but find mice easier for gaming.

I think the Trackpoint is the best pointing device, but finding good ones on good keyboards is somewhat difficile.

sixty
Gasbag Guru

05 Feb 2011, 00:13

daedalus wrote:I think the Trackpoint is the best pointing device, but finding good ones on good keyboards is somewhat difficile.
Miniguru.

Minskleip

05 Feb 2011, 00:16

Would you recommend buying a trackball (if one fancy one) over a new keyboard with a different switch?

On the subject of trackpoints, the Desko BMOS has one below the space bar. It'll be interesting to finally try one properly.

sixty
Gasbag Guru

05 Feb 2011, 00:22

Minskleip wrote:Would you recommend buying a trackball (if one fancy one) over a new keyboard with a different switch?

On the subject of trackpoints, the Desko BMOS has one below the space bar. It'll be interesting to finally try one properly.
Right. The older full sized Desko boards that were the source of the Cherry RGB keys, actually have a trackpoint too between the keys too. Reminds me a lot of that guys mod on geekhack:
2038443422_a97c879f_rgb.jpg
2038443422_a97c879f_rgb.jpg (84.11 KiB) Viewed 14158 times
Shame that they were MY switch boards. Would have been great for G80 mods.

Minskleip

05 Feb 2011, 00:25

What were they used for? Would look a bit strange with RGB keys in an airport or bank.

sixty
Gasbag Guru

05 Feb 2011, 00:26

They were airport equip apparently. No idea why they had the RGB keys. I have another fancy Desko board that has flip-switches to open Gateway doors.

sixty
Gasbag Guru

05 Feb 2011, 00:30

Found the pics that I was looking for, maybe it helps to figure out what the board was intended for.

Minskleip

05 Feb 2011, 00:33

Nice keycaps! I think the board was used for herding passengers through A and B, and ripping them off ;)

soomuchbanelings

12 Feb 2011, 01:02

I have the g9x and it has lots of customizations.. Only thing that bothers me to some degree is the middle click; its too firm. The fast scroll is addicting and I love flicking the mouse wheel and making it spin. Best mouse I ever had.

webwit
Wild Duck

12 Feb 2011, 01:20

soomuchbanelings wrote:The fast scroll is addicting and I love flicking the mouse wheel and making it spin.
I like this kind of wheel as well, and don't understand why Logitech put an outdated one in their last thumb trackball.

Oh, and welcome to deskthority!

Crazy9000

12 Feb 2011, 02:19

I got a steelseries Xai a month or two ago when they had a 40% off sale, and it's the best mouse I've ever used.

MsKeyboard

12 Feb 2011, 02:31

My personal favorite "at the moment" is the Evoluent, and still working on the CST trackball. Updated to the V4, but not sure I am all that happy with the modifications, still getting used to them, but otherwise really like it.
Later.........MsKeyboard

PS....Webwit, it is great to see you again! Glad I found this forum.

webwit
Wild Duck

12 Feb 2011, 02:41

Hi MsKeyboard and great to have you here! Still like that avatar! Needs RGB fingernail polish.

MsKeyboard

12 Feb 2011, 02:48

Webwit, really miss you over on the other site, just not the same without your input. Since I just can't seem to get into the Korean forum it is really good to find you active on a forum once again. Can't believe all the GH regulars here, feels like home again!
Anyway, glad to be here and Everyone have a great weekend! Later..........MsK

Oh, BTW...just got in the new Rollermouse Free V2, and I think it will be a winner, just can't help reaching for the mouse though.......

sixty
Gasbag Guru

12 Feb 2011, 10:30

Welcome aboard MsKeyboard!

Return to “Mice & other input devices”