I quit looking for a better mouse since ....

Magna224

23 Mar 2011, 06:11

Well i'm loving my G5 (v1) and G500. My G5 has to be crazy old now for a mouse and has minor wear besides the feet which are worn because I preferred to use it on my desktop rather than a mousepad. The original G5 is my favorite. I tried the G9 and the feel just wasn't for me. I have a "claw" grip and the G5 is nice and small and i grip it with just my fingertips on the lower end. I didn't like the newer G5 thats all blue and textured.

Telstar

26 Oct 2011, 02:58

... i got my Naos 5000. Best ergonomic I have tried so far. Only the Qpad could have been better, but I didnt try it.

cable

24 Nov 2011, 04:54

Telstar wrote:... i got my Naos 5000. Best ergonomic I have tried so far. Only the Qpad could have been better, but I didnt try it.
I own a QPAD 5K and it's pretty darn good. I love the feel and sound of the clicking but I'm not sure if the scroll wheel could've been slightly better.

Mine tends to double-click quite a lot (the scroll wheel, or middle mouse button, or what the hell you want to call it).

An example would be when I want to open a new link with the middle mouse button. Sometimes it even opens like three to five with one click. Perhaps just really dirty inside? Wouldn't be surprised.

Anyway, ergonomically, it fits my hand perfectly, probably the nicest mouse I've ever held. Love the finish on it too. But again, not really sure what the fuzz about the scroll wheel is about.

Another good thing is that I didn't have to pay for it I guess.

Markybhoy

01 Dec 2011, 00:34

The trusty old Logitech mx518 is still my fav mouse so far.

ripster

01 Dec 2011, 00:50

...I got a trackball.

...and got a corn snake.

I'd show pics but they are gross and I can't hotlink anyway.

cable

01 Dec 2011, 20:25

ripster wrote:...I got a trackball.

...and got a corn snake.

I'd show pics but they are gross and I can't hotlink anyway.
Meh come on. You know we like that kind of stuff.

xbb

01 Dec 2011, 23:48

QPAD 5K vs Mionix 5000, what would you suggest?
I'm a bit disappointed about the QPAD software, looks like you cannot remap the sensitivity buttons and change the polling rate.

amasokin

05 Dec 2011, 17:29

Tried every top notch new gaming mouse I could find (Razer Naga, Razer Mamba 4G, Logitech G700 & G500, Madcatz RAT 9, Steelseries Sensei, Steelseries Ikari, Roccat Kone, Mionix Naos 5000 and some others), sent them back the day after. The rare models that fitted my hands (claw grip here) had always ONE major flaw I couldn't overlook. Also, I'm amazed by how many mice have a crappy scroll wheel.

So I'm sticking with my Deathadder. Simple, but perfect shape for me, good scroll wheel, perfect tracking (contrary to 99% of the new laser sensor mice), good overall feeling. Can't say the same about any other mouse I tried. Bought a Deathadder black for my second computer, two tiny differences with the classic Deathadder : no LED (FUCK YEAH, even if you can disable them on the classic DA), really cool rubber grip on each side, so a bit better overall imo.

I agree that Razer is a mediocre, overhyped brand in general, but god they really outdid themselves on the Deathadder (and some of their other early IR sensor mice - everything went to crap when they switched to their shitty laser sensor).

squarebox

06 Dec 2011, 05:13

I have tested and tried many different mouse in the market but keep going back to the Deathadder. Although I have pretty much found my favourite mouse, I still buy newly launched mouse to see if their any better but have been disappointed with all the newer mouse.

Return to “Mice & other input devices”