Rehosting some content

metalliqaz

01 Jul 2015, 04:37

Since I don't have a github repo, I've migrated my release page to the DT wiki for the Easy firmware.

http://deskthority.net/wiki/Easy_AVR_US ... d_Firmware

Looks like Google has already noticed.

romevi

01 Jul 2015, 07:07

Hey metalliqaz, on an unrelated note, do you plan on doing any more Qazpads?

jorgenslee

01 Jul 2015, 12:39

I have to register to thank you for this metalliqaz. I found a google cache of your page on geekhack but unfortunately it was dated around March and can't find the latest one. I use your firmware to program my JD40 and it works perfectly on windows but not on Mac. My JD40 on mac is not registering keys other than the alphas, I hope this latest version could fixed it.

metalliqaz

01 Jul 2015, 14:31

romevi wrote: Hey metalliqaz, on an unrelated note, do you plan on doing any more Qazpads?
No :( However there is a similar project by SamwiseKoi (IIRC) on Geekhack called the GH36. That might suit your needs.

I actually have a few leftover PCBs that I never built, I should try and find those...

metalliqaz

01 Jul 2015, 14:33

jorgenslee wrote: I have to register to thank you for this metalliqaz. I found a google cache of your page on geekhack but unfortunately it was dated around March and can't find the latest one. I use your firmware to program my JD40 and it works perfectly on windows but not on Mac. My JD40 on mac is not registering keys other than the alphas, I hope this latest version could fixed it.
Hmmm, I'd be very interested to hear your feedback on this. I don't own a Mac or know anyone who does and therefore can't test it. I doubt that the new version will improve for you. I suspect the problem is with the NKRO, which changes the way the USB HID device reports to the host PC.

Try using the config console to turn off NKRO. I'll bet that will make it work.

romevi

02 Jul 2015, 07:50

metalliqaz wrote:
romevi wrote: Hey metalliqaz, on an unrelated note, do you plan on doing any more Qazpads?
No :( However there is a similar project by SamwiseKoi (IIRC) on Geekhack called the GH36. That might suit your needs.

I actually have a few leftover PCBs that I never built, I should try and find those...
Ooh, I'll look for that once it's back up.

And if you have any more PCBs... :P

jorgenslee

06 Jul 2015, 11:28

metalliqaz wrote:
jorgenslee wrote: I have to register to thank you for this metalliqaz. I found a google cache of your page on geekhack but unfortunately it was dated around March and can't find the latest one. I use your firmware to program my JD40 and it works perfectly on windows but not on Mac. My JD40 on mac is not registering keys other than the alphas, I hope this latest version could fixed it.
Hmmm, I'd be very interested to hear your feedback on this. I don't own a Mac or know anyone who does and therefore can't test it. I doubt that the new version will improve for you. I suspect the problem is with the NKRO, which changes the way the USB HID device reports to the host PC.

Try using the config console to turn off NKRO. I'll bet that will make it work.
Reporting back that turning off NKRO fixed my issue. Is there a setting to make the 6KRO the default setting?

metalliqaz

06 Jul 2015, 13:12

It is permanent until you change it again in the config console

fohat
Elder Messenger

08 Jul 2015, 00:48

I rebuilt my IBM Model F 122-key ANSI mod guide from Geekhacker here this afternoon.

Return to “Geekhacker refugee camp”