geekhack hacked again!?

didja

06 Jul 2012, 05:31

Texas LMAO, Saul is a favorite at our house. That guy makes some of the episodes on his own.

ripster

06 Jul 2012, 05:59

The_Ed wrote:Yes, but you EDIT 100 times an hour!
No.

Not lately.

Who ELSE is excited about Geekhack coming back up this weekend?
mkawa wrote:FAQ:

"When will GH be back?"

Not a day before July 7. Hopefully we will at least have a provisional launch shortly after that.

[RESERVED]

"I keep asking you about X and I'm unsatisfied with your answer!!!"

For security and other reasons, we can't disclose every detail of the current or future situation. We ask for your continued patience and cooperation. Please trust that we are doing the best we can given the resources and constraints that we have.
The Neue Geekhack.PNG
The Neue Geekhack.PNG (73.34 KiB) Viewed 9594 times
Last edited by ripster on 06 Jul 2012, 06:28, edited 2 times in total.

TexasFlood

06 Jul 2012, 06:00

ripster wrote:
The_Ed wrote:Yes, but you EDIT 100 times an hour!
No.

Not lately.

Who ELSE is excited about Geekhack coming back up this weekend?
ME, ME, ME, all atwitter. So are you out of post jail?
ripster wrote:I only post once an hour. The epitome of moderation.
So you're a SELF moderator, :D

ripster

06 Jul 2012, 15:14

Selfmoderation ALWAYS results in the BEST Forum Moderation.

So has anyone googled "Geekhack" lately? R00TW0RM and the RipOmeter seems to dominate the search results.

Mkawa, can not WAIT for the Neuer Geekhack to LAUNCH TOMORROW!
mkawa wrote:FAQ:

"When will GH be back?"

Not a day before July 7. Hopefully we will at least have a provisional launch shortly after that.

[RESERVED]

"I keep asking you about X and I'm unsatisfied with your answer!!!"

For security and other reasons, we can't disclose every detail of the current or future situation. We ask for your continued patience and cooperation. Please trust that we are doing the best we can given the resources and constraints that we have.
You use the ODDEST sentence structure.

And REMEMBER.

SAfe NEVER Sleeps, It Just Takes NAPS!

dorkvader

06 Jul 2012, 16:28

Why do you care when the new GH launches, Ripster?
Or even all this rootworm stuff? you weren't a part of the community when it occurred. I don't find Mkawa's sentence structure to be particularly odd, but I do read a lot of engineering research papers and philosophical arguments. There is, for example, nothing wrong with passive voice.

Maybe my English is just better than yours, Ripster. More credence is given to this claim, once one has examined the unnecessarily large amount of capital letters in your post(s).

ripster

06 Jul 2012, 16:32

I am protective of my Geekhack CONTENT. 10% of posts and 90% of Wikis.

I sure hope they aren't all deleted. Ok, Ok, the lego pics and Ducky jokes can go as DT versus GH turns into a snobfest (Y U SO SERIOUS).

But then, the Higgs boson has a lifetime of 10 to the minus 18 of a second so I will take a Zen approach if they are and continue to collect massive Karma at Reddit. They have a Comic Sans sense of humor:

http://www.reddit.com/r/typography/comm ... t_for_the/
I think a lot of people have read too much into this. There's no collaboration meeting to determine the style of the plots, and certainly no decision to choose a controversial font to get people to pay attention. That is just how Fabiola Gianotti always makes her slides. When she presents in internal ATLAS meetings, they're always the same.
And I learn something NEW every day by keeping abreast of ALL the keyboard forums. So of COURSE I am curious what happens to the site.

Maybe my English is just better than yours, Ripster. More credence is given to this claim, once one has examined the unnecessarily large amount of capital letters in your post(s).
Don't be a dork.

eth0s

06 Jul 2012, 17:46

Where can i buy the Higgs boson? It sounds awesome.

ripster

06 Jul 2012, 17:46

Well, Switzerland seems to have cornered the market.

domoaligato

06 Jul 2012, 18:03

eth0s wrote:Where can i buy the Higgs boson? It sounds awesome.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Higgs_boson

Glissant

06 Jul 2012, 18:05

TexasFlood

09 Jul 2012, 05:30

didja wrote:Texas LMAO, Saul is a favorite at our house. That guy makes some of the episodes on his own.
You worked Walt back in, yay! :D I'm almost caught up with Breaking Bad.
Made a new avatar for it, Saul is a great character but wanted to get a bit more creative.

dox

25 Jul 2012, 01:43

That wasn't long.....
geekhacked.PNG
geekhacked.PNG (87 KiB) Viewed 9219 times
edit: I guess it's some attachment in a post.

GH1391401

25 Jul 2012, 02:00

That thread was made on 2011 and the post made by ripster... nothing to see here.

If you're afraid of JPEGs you can visit this page to verify:
https://www.virustotal.com/file/66c17d7 ... 343174573/

Return to “Geekhacker refugee camp”