Banned from Geehack

MyNameIsFinn

24 May 2012, 19:51

Banned from geek hack for typing..

"come at me mods"

This is my resignation from geekhack, too butthurt for my tastes.

-Finn
Last edited by MyNameIsFinn on 24 May 2012, 19:58, edited 1 time in total.

mintberryminuscrunch

24 May 2012, 19:53

if you did that, you deserved it.

MyNameIsFinn

24 May 2012, 19:54

By me saying "Come at me mods" obviously jokingly, it what way is a 7 day ban in order.

The admins can't get over their newfound power so they show their true colors, teenage no lifers.

mintberryminuscrunch

24 May 2012, 19:55

MyNameIsFinn wrote:By me saying "Come at me mods" obviously jokingly, it what way is a 7 day ban in order.

The admins can't get over their newfound power so they show their true colors, teenage no lifers.
by saying
Hiel the new nazi regime

MyNameIsFinn

24 May 2012, 19:59

I never said Hiel the new nazi regime on geekhack.

You miss understood, the only thing I said was "come at me mods"
Last edited by MyNameIsFinn on 24 May 2012, 20:13, edited 1 time in total.

kbdfr
The Tiproman

24 May 2012, 20:11

Perhaps you should reflect on what the Nazis actually did.
They did not just ban people from forums, they persecuted and killed them.

You are not offending the geekhack mods,
you are offending the millions of victims of the Nazi regime.

MyNameIsFinn

24 May 2012, 20:14

Ok, i see I cant make jokes here either lol.

fossala
Elite +1

24 May 2012, 20:33

kbdfr wrote:Perhaps you should reflect on what the Nazis actually did.
They did not just ban people from forums, they persecuted and killed them.

You are not offending the geekhack mods,
you are offending the millions of victims of the Nazi regime.
Without being horrible here why do we say Nazi and not Germany? We say America is at war not the repbulicans or Bush/O'bama.

Shouldn't it be "reflect on what Germany did"?

gorkypl

24 May 2012, 20:50

I have not seen the post that you were banned for, but some of my family members were killed by the Germans, some other survived the hell of concentration camps, my country was devastated during WW2.

I can see no excuse for referencing Nazism in jokes.

ripster

24 May 2012, 21:00

Löl.
1. Useless posts. Do not bother making posts with only one or two words (e.g., "cool" or LOL) or a smilie, or post simply to have the first reply in a thread. Such posts waste everyone's time and will be deleted. Posts saying "I agree", "+1", "this", "me too", or the equivalent are also routinely removed, so don't post them. If you aren't interested in a thread, skip the thread; don't post to tell us you aren't interested.

webwit
Wild Duck

24 May 2012, 21:01

I did Nazi this coming!

ripster

24 May 2012, 21:02

Without an umlaut there IS no Fuehrer!

kbdfr
The Tiproman

24 May 2012, 21:26

fossala wrote:Without being horrible here why do we say Nazi and not Germany? We say America is at war not the repbulicans or Bush/O'bama.

Shouldn't it be "reflect on what Germany did"?
I wouldn't object to that, even if the difference between a Republican and a Democrat US administration is not to be compared to the difference between Nazi Germany and the Federal Republic of Germany, which are two completely different countries albeit on the same territory. But of course, it was Germany.
gorkypl wrote:[...] I can see no excuse for referencing Nazism in jokes.
I fear someone who speaks of "new Nazi regime" because (horribile dictu) he was banned from a forum will not understand what you mean.

ripster

24 May 2012, 21:38

MyNameIsFinn wrote:I never said Hiel the new nazi regime on geekhack.

You miss understood, the only thing I said was "come at me mods"
Heil. Not Hiel<sic>.

When is a DT Mod going to get this thread UNDER CONTROL and ON TOPIC!
9. Corrections. There is no need to point out another poster's spelling or grammatical errors unless you think it is causing confusion. Remember that not all members are native English speakers. Communication, not correctness, is our goal. When other people (especially new members) fail to search and start new threads on old topics, don't scold them or make them feel unwelcome. The best way to be helpful is by posting a link to a relevant thread or specific instructions for problem solving. Set a good example yourself by searching first before starting a thread if you have a question that may already have been answered in the forums or you want to discuss a topic that may already have been discussed.

MyNameIsFinn

24 May 2012, 22:20

webwit wrote:I did Nazi this coming!
I fucking love you webwit

net2522

24 May 2012, 22:40

Why this day people are damg serious(no sense of humor at All~)

RC-1140

24 May 2012, 22:41

how the hell did this thread become a nazi thread? My great-grandfather was a SS-Officer, and was a POW, and I'm not proud of him. But what should I do about it. On the other hand, what should he have done about it. Everybody in this time was forced to become a member of the army, and this was the only way he could get support of the state for his family. The nazis commited the most horrible crimes, but the deeds of the allies weren't as glorious as well.

fossala
Elite +1

24 May 2012, 22:47

RC-1140 wrote:how the hell did this thread become a nazi thread? My great-grandfather was a SS-Officer, and was a POW, and I'm not proud of him. But what should I do about it. On the other hand, what should he have done about it. Everybody in this time was forced to become a member of the army, and this was the only way he could get support of the state for his family. The nazis commited the most horrible crimes, but the deeds of the allies weren't as glorious as well.
Not being rude to your great-grandfather, but if more people stood up it wouldn't of happend. Remember Hitler got voted in! He was responsable for his actions and the people he killed.

Soarer

24 May 2012, 22:52

7bit

24 May 2012, 23:10

fossala wrote: Not being rude to your great-grandfather, but if more people stood up it wouldn't of happend. Remember Hitler got voted in! He was responsable for his actions and the people he killed.
Exactly. At some stage, people where indeed forced into that system and had not many choices. The base for that regime had been laid much earlier and sympathy for Facism was quite wide-spread in that era. Then there where the nationalists, who where against the Nazis, but didn't say no when it came the Blitzkrieg. What happened on 20th July 1944 came too late and should have better been done way before the war. To few people where in the resistance and too many just followed the regime (out of fear or because they had privileges).

Same shit in every dictatorship, BTW.
Last edited by 7bit on 24 May 2012, 23:13, edited 2 times in total.

RC-1140

24 May 2012, 23:11

fossala wrote:Not being rude to your great-grandfather, but if more people stood up it wouldn't of happend. Remember Hitler got voted in! He was responsable for his actions and the people he killed.
Don't get me wrong, I was not trying to justify his actions; I'm not responsible for what he did, and I don't agree with it, but I can't change it. The only thing I wanted to express, is that this is nothing to make fun of. Lots of people were directly affected by these tragic events, and it is disrespectful to make fun of it.

Soarer

24 May 2012, 23:19

I don't mean to belittle any of these sentiments... but so serious, just from yet another overuse of the word Nazi...

mintberryminuscrunch

24 May 2012, 23:25

Soarer wrote:I don't mean to belittle any of these sentiments... but so serious, just from yet another overuse of the word Nazi...
Yeah..we should start enforcing Godwin's law

7bit

24 May 2012, 23:33

Code: Select all

« Bravo, vous avez gagné 1 point Godwin.
Vous pouvez aller le découper au burin
sur votre écran... »
 ____   ____   ____   ____   ____   ____   ____
/  __) (____) (____) (____) (____) (____) (__  \
|_|                                          |_|
 _      _                    _       _        _ 
| |    / |       _ __   ___ (_)_ __ | |_     | |
| |    | |      | '_ \ / _ \| | '_ \| __|    | |
|_|    | |      | |_) | (_) | | | | | |_     |_|
 _     |_|      | .__/ \___/|_|_| |_|\__|     _ 
| |             |_|                          | |
| |                                          | |
|_|     ____           _          _          |_|
 _     / ___| ___   __| |_      _(_)_ __      _ 
| |   | |  _ / _ \ / _` \ \ /\ / / | '_ \    | |
| |   | |_| | (_) | (_| |\ V  V /| | | | |   | |
|_|    \____|\___/ \__,_| \_/\_/ |_|_| |_|   |_|
 _                                            _ 
| |__   ____   ____   ____   ____   ____   __| |
\____) (____) (____) (____) (____) (____) (____/

:evilgeek:

Soarer

24 May 2012, 23:38

webwit wrote:I did Nazi this coming!
René? Iz that you?

ripster

24 May 2012, 23:48

It's quite a Generic term in America.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.p ... efid=13996

Kinda like Ausfahrt.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Ausfahrt

Ausfahrt.

hehheh.

webwit
Wild Duck

24 May 2012, 23:56

Reminds me of this.

There's a strange correlation between distance to evil dictatorship and the whole thing becoming a costume party.

7bit

25 May 2012, 00:14

ripster

25 May 2012, 00:22

7bit

25 May 2012, 00:25

Maybe I should include an Ausfahrt key cap (backspace), white on blue, for the Neue Geekhack moderators.
:evilgeek:

Return to “Geekhacker refugee camp”