Geekhack updates: WE ARE BACK

TexasFlood

18 Jul 2012, 23:47

webwit wrote:Maybe a rollback will fix it.
Hopefully that's a thing of the past...

The_Ed
Asperger's... SQUIRREL!

18 Jul 2012, 23:48

0 reset emails for me...

Fuck...

OH... Is there a swear filter in the Neue Neue GH?!

webwit
Wild Duck

18 Jul 2012, 23:50

You guys. Wait patiently for 3 weeks. Can't wait a little while longer for them to get everything right.

Especially when that extra special super duper intel/mcafee security kicks in.

The_Ed
Asperger's... SQUIRREL!

18 Jul 2012, 23:51

MagicMeatball wrote:
The_Ed wrote:
An Error Has Occurred!
Your account has already been activated.
Uhhh... Who is using my account?...
Me. I stole yo shit.
If you truly are serious...

You know what? I won't even say what came to mind. (Else demongolator graces us with his presence)

TexasFlood

18 Jul 2012, 23:53

webwit wrote:You guys. Wait patiently for 3 weeks. Can't wait a little while longer for them to get everything right.
patience_small1.jpg
patience_small1.jpg (31.38 KiB) Viewed 20068 times

MagicMeatball

18 Jul 2012, 23:53

The_Ed wrote:

You know what? I won't even say what came to mind. (Else demongolator graces us with his presence)

webwit
Wild Duck

18 Jul 2012, 23:54

The_Ed wrote:If you truly are serious...
Don't believe that guy. It was just r00tw0rm.

The_Ed
Asperger's... SQUIRREL!

18 Jul 2012, 23:57

MagicMeatball wrote:
The_Ed wrote:

I am above you.
Spoiler:

justcallmecrash

19 Jul 2012, 00:25

This is fun.

The_Ed
Asperger's... SQUIRREL!

19 Jul 2012, 00:28

Our definitions of "fun" differ...

Soarer

19 Jul 2012, 00:34

input nirvana wrote:GH looks borked. No more MODIFICATIONS forum? I'm kinda done with it all :(

Soarer, you said you backed up my photos in the Kinesis wiki....is that available? I can replicate it without the extra stupid shizz and post on DT or somewhere else.....
36MB in 181 pictures, and only about a dozen are worth looking at!! :lol:

No modifications... that sucks :cry:

mkawa

19 Jul 2012, 00:38

modifications forum is preserved but currently hidden for technical reasons and will be rolled into a larger DIY forum

MagicMeatball

19 Jul 2012, 00:52

The_Ed wrote:I am above you.
In your dreams, kiddo.

Input Nirvana

19 Jul 2012, 00:52

Soarer wrote:
input nirvana wrote:GH looks borked. No more MODIFICATIONS forum? I'm kinda done with it all :(

Soarer, you said you backed up my photos in the Kinesis wiki....is that available? I can replicate it without the extra stupid shizz and post on DT or somewhere else.....
36MB in 181 pictures, and only about a dozen are worth looking at!! :lol:

No modifications... that sucks :cry:

Yes, you are right, there are quite a lot of crap photos, but a bit more than a dozen that are relevant :)

36mb/181 WOW! could definitely adjust that to be a bit more reasonable. At some point in the near future, however possible, I'd like to start a website that is purely the Kinesis mod wiki that I did on GH, without the crap, and with additional info/links, and a higher quality presentation. Just need a domain name. Or maybe just do a blog like Dangwang or KeyboardMods....? Dunno it's exact purpose, but it seems I could do something like that for a very cheap yearly cost.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Soarer

19 Jul 2012, 00:58

input nirvana wrote:Yes, you are right, there are quite a lot of crap photos, but a bit more than a dozen that are relevant :)
Oh, I meant the irrelevant intermissions :P

Input Nirvana

19 Jul 2012, 00:59

The intermissions will be the first to be deleted. They were fun at the time, but I've evolved <somewhat>

Zehkul

19 Jul 2012, 01:43

I don’t even get to the site. Cool down guys, play a nice game instead to let some steam off!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tf8GG3gwam8&t=13m37s

TexasFlood

19 Jul 2012, 02:29

I posted at geekhack! Feels like a big deal. OK, a little anticlimactic but still nice, :lol:

mkawa

19 Jul 2012, 04:09

we're back. things seem stable for now *cross fingers*

rknize

19 Jul 2012, 04:15

Feel free to give it some exercise. We're still tweaking.

Input Nirvana

19 Jul 2012, 04:30

I got logged in, noticed some shizz borked in sig and such stuff...to be expected. Gotta change the theme....it's giving me a hangover.

aggiejy

19 Jul 2012, 05:18

Hoe Lee Shet.... is that theme a hacker deterrent system? I had to come back here to clean my eyes, but I still see it.

mkawa

19 Jul 2012, 05:21

it's patchwork that was hacked together last night at 3am. we're working on some performance issues, but you might want to try the geekhack-lite theme in the meantime

aggiejy

19 Jul 2012, 05:23

mkawa wrote:it's patchwork that was hacked together last night at 3am. we're working on some performance issues, but you might want to try the geekhack-lite theme in the meantime
Cool. Thanks for getting her up! That's way more important than the theme. (as long as it's revisited soon! :)

Edit: I very much suggest you make the geekhack lite theme the default for now too. :)
Last edited by aggiejy on 19 Jul 2012, 05:24, edited 1 time in total.

sth
2 girls 1 cuprubber

19 Jul 2012, 05:24

I've come to prefer DT.

There, I said it. Looks better, having been designed by a designer, the userbase is not as obnoxious other than the_ed and he hangs out on both sites, and fewer douchebags in the classifieds (though the quality of douche is pretty much the same).

I still like GH and will be around here and there.

The_Beast

19 Jul 2012, 05:28

sth wrote:I've come to prefer DT.

There, I said it. Looks better, having been designed by a designer, the userbase is not as obnoxious other than the_ed and he hangs out on both sites, and fewer douchebags in the classifieds (though the quality of douche is pretty much the same).

I still like GH and will be around here and there.
Same thoughts here

mkawa

19 Jul 2012, 05:47

aggiejy wrote:
mkawa wrote:it's patchwork that was hacked together last night at 3am. we're working on some performance issues, but you might want to try the geekhack-lite theme in the meantime
Cool. Thanks for getting her up! That's way more important than the theme. (as long as it's revisited soon! :)

Edit: I very much suggest you make the geekhack lite theme the default for now too. :)
it doesn't render correctly on my copy of chrome :P

Ragnorock

19 Jul 2012, 06:03

I'm not sure where the current suggestions thread is, but I'd like an option where I'm still notified of new posts (similar to the usercp's bolded topics) but without the email notification. There doesn't seem to be an option I can find to have it notify but not email.

rknize

19 Jul 2012, 08:43

We switched the default theme to something more tame. The theme we launched with (Oranje) was actually based on this new one. It just so happened to not quite be ready at the time. Oranje is still there if you loved it as much as my bloodshot eyes did at 3am yesterday. :)

mickd

19 Jul 2012, 08:54

I much prefer this new theme. Much easier on the eyes!

Return to “Geekhacker refugee camp”