Back again. Lets see how it goes.

agor

19 Jul 2012, 10:17

Its up!

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaand its down.

The_Ed
Asperger's... SQUIRREL!

19 Jul 2012, 10:17

I STILL can't login! It says my password is incorrect (which it's not) and I've tried like 8 times to get a password reset email! It NEVER sends! So why does it say it sent it?!

Can you MANUALLY get my account unlocked or something?

agor

19 Jul 2012, 10:19

Probably because it just went down again. Didn't receive reset emails yesterday, but just successfully reset my password. Patience is key here

The_Ed
Asperger's... SQUIRREL!

19 Jul 2012, 10:25

I've tried like 8 times over what 13 hours? If you didn't receive a reset email, then how did you reset your password?!

agor

19 Jul 2012, 10:28

I didn't yesterday. But received 15 minutes ago without problems. Tried 3 times yesterday and 2 times today, last time finally the page loaded (after you enter your username) and got the mail.

The_Ed
Asperger's... SQUIRREL!

19 Jul 2012, 10:31

The page always loads for me, and subsequently says it has sent the password reset email. If it was telling the truth I should have about 8 emails right now. But I have 0.

agor

19 Jul 2012, 10:32

Ok don't know what else you could try then. Did you put in your mail address or username? For me it worked with username

The_Ed
Asperger's... SQUIRREL!

19 Jul 2012, 10:33

I alternate back and forth between username and email.

Lanx

19 Jul 2012, 11:17

i just did the whole pw/reset/email vertification yada yada, went through just fine, just really really slow.

dirge

19 Jul 2012, 11:34

It's realllllly slow.

kint

19 Jul 2012, 11:45

The_Ed wrote:The page always loads for me, and subsequently says it has sent the password reset email. If it was telling the truth I should have about 8 emails right now. But I have 0.
check you inbox spam folder ? :P

bpiphany

19 Jul 2012, 12:43

I've tried several times as well, without any mail in my inbox or spam. How much spam was sent out while the server was under hostile control? Could it be that some mail services have blacklisted geekhack completely?

TexasFlood

19 Jul 2012, 16:32

mkawa wrote:we're back. things seem stable for now *cross fingers*
rknize wrote:Feel free to give it some exercise. We're still tweaking.
Cook, thanks. Congrats. A major milestone and I"m sure it feels huge particularly to those who worked on it. :D

bootstrap

19 Jul 2012, 18:32

bpiphany wrote:I've tried several times as well, without any mail in my inbox or spam. How much spam was sent out while the server was under hostile control? Could it be that some mail services have blacklisted geekhack completely?
If it's any consolation, I've also tried multiple times to log in using my usual username and e-mail address (on separate occasions) without success. I never received the new password via e-mail. I've checked the Spam folder several times too.

Maybe it'll take a few more days before they sort out the issues at Geekhack.

As others have mentioned, speed is noticeably slow....

mkawa

19 Jul 2012, 18:34

no spam was sent out from the server that we know. however, a large portion of our userbase has requested password resets all at once. it's entirely possible that most of the major classifiers think we're spam right now just because of that

The_Ed
Asperger's... SQUIRREL!

19 Jul 2012, 18:44

10 tries and counting... Just MANUALLY send me a password reset email...

EDIT: The spam filter is empty. Either they were NEVER sent, or something higher up is blocking them.
Last edited by The_Ed on 19 Jul 2012, 18:47, edited 1 time in total.

inlikeflynn

19 Jul 2012, 18:46

The_Ed wrote:10 tries and counting... Just MANUALLY send me a password reset email...
maybe its a sign that you're banned :roll: ?

The_Ed
Asperger's... SQUIRREL!

19 Jul 2012, 18:48

Why would I be banned, but not TexasFlood?

The_Ed
Asperger's... SQUIRREL!

19 Jul 2012, 18:51

Would comcast block the emails? As I said - The spam filter is empty. Either they were NEVER sent, or something higher up is blocking them.

12 times and counting...

metafour

19 Jul 2012, 18:54

I got my account set back up about 5 minutes ago without issue.

The_Ed
Asperger's... SQUIRREL!

19 Jul 2012, 18:56

What email provider do you use? I ain't getting shit...

inlikeflynn

19 Jul 2012, 18:56

The_Ed wrote:Why would I be banned, but not TexasFlood?
i'm just messing with ya man =)

Once I finally could get to the site last night, my reset email worked right away (gmail)
Who knows for you and dumb comcast though

Limmy

19 Jul 2012, 19:03

The_Ed, you are not alone. I didn't get any email from GH either.

However, it worked for metafour a few minutes ago, so I guess it is working fine for some people.

TexasFlood

19 Jul 2012, 19:05

The_Ed wrote:Why would I be banned, but not TexasFlood?
Don't mess with heisenberg!

The_Ed
Asperger's... SQUIRREL!

19 Jul 2012, 19:14

I have a gmail account as well. Can I send that email in a PM to a GH mod on DT so they can send me a password reset email to get into my account?

The_Ed
Asperger's... SQUIRREL!

19 Jul 2012, 19:29

I didn't ever doubt that you would get into the Neue Neue GH Ripster. But I still can't... It's ridiculous... Why couldn't I just login with my previous password and then be forced to change it with a popup? That would have been a much easier method.

demik

19 Jul 2012, 19:30

The_Ed wrote:I didn't ever doubt that you would get into the Neue Neue GH Ripster. But I still can't... It's ridiculous... Why couldn't I just login with my previous password and then be forced to change it with a popup? That would have been a much easier method.
thats what i did.

the first time i sign on, all it did was ask me for my old password twice.

The_Ed
Asperger's... SQUIRREL!

19 Jul 2012, 19:33

It says my password is wrong. And even when I type it in manually (instead of chrome autotfill) it still says it's wrong.

metafour

19 Jul 2012, 19:47

The_Ed wrote:What email provider do you use? I ain't getting shit...
It's self hosted.

Return to “Geekhacker refugee camp”