The NEW Geekhack is ONLINE with a NEW Look!

ripster

01 Jul 2012, 21:28

ROFL!

I kept saying IMAV PULL THE PLUG!

PULL THE PLUG!
OR...

WANNA SWITCH?

Now WHERE is that quote of his about "bringing the FULL RESOURCES of Intel and McAfee to bear on this....
Last edited by ripster on 01 Jul 2012, 22:20, edited 4 times in total.

MagicMeatball

01 Jul 2012, 21:31

Your doucheness continues to soar to unprecedented levels.

didja

01 Jul 2012, 21:32

A parked page is definitely an improvement over hosting r00tw0rm's bragging rights and infecting innocent rubber dome users searching for a way out.

Glad it's been done, it was the noble thing to do.

4en

01 Jul 2012, 21:34

this was some douchebaggery but in all honesty... i rofl'd

TexasFlood

01 Jul 2012, 22:38

didja wrote:A parked page is definitely an improvement over hosting r00tw0rm's bragging rights and infecting innocent rubber dome users searching for a way out.

Agreed, it was the right thing to do IMHO. Shouldn't slam them for doing what many (myself included) strongly asked them to do.

7bit

01 Jul 2012, 23:31

Does not look like a "parked page". More like a place to download spam tools etc.

didja

01 Jul 2012, 23:35

Yeah, looks like a "monetized" park page was chosen. Maybe r00tw0rm can buy ad space from namesecure to regain some traffic.

mkawa

01 Jul 2012, 23:43

yes, this is domain parking and it is intentional on our part
Last edited by mkawa on 01 Jul 2012, 23:55, edited 1 time in total.

roguemaster8

01 Jul 2012, 23:46

This is incredibly depressing to me...

TexasFlood

01 Jul 2012, 23:52

This isn't a blip on my radar.I have a hell of a lot more serious stuff to get depressed about than this, :cry:

mkawa

01 Jul 2012, 23:55

sorry to hear it TF :(

TexasFlood

01 Jul 2012, 23:58

Yes well, didn't mean to whine. Just sayin in the grand scheme of things this shoudn't be a big deal. Probabably a bigger deal for folks like you mkawa who are trying to fix the problems.

aggiejy

02 Jul 2012, 00:45

didja wrote:A parked page is definitely an improvement over hosting r00tw0rm's bragging rights and infecting innocent rubber dome users searching for a way out.

Agreed.

Findecanor

02 Jul 2012, 00:52

No, this page is even worse than the page that shows that the site was hacked.
Geekhack is not about hacking and spamming, for crying out loud.

webwit
Wild Duck

02 Jul 2012, 00:55

Is it really saying that? DNS change hasn't propagated here yet, I thought it was a joke.

didja

02 Jul 2012, 01:15

I figured I'd put some cash in Imav's pocket and give it a click. Wait, I clicked "Hacking and got this?"

TexasFlood

02 Jul 2012, 01:34

Findecanor wrote:No, this page is even worse than the page that shows that the site was hacked.
Geekhack is not about hacking and spamming, for crying out loud.
It's just a generic landing. DNS seems to point to 208.91.197.22 now. It has nothing to do with geekhack. But honestly how can it be worse than a compromised site or at least one that appears to be?

dorkvader

02 Jul 2012, 01:51

roguemaster8 wrote:This is incredibly depressing to me...
We hope to have GH back up as quick as we can, so you won't be depressed for long.

I like how the "hack" part of the domain is making the parking page ads contain it as well.

TexasFlood

02 Jul 2012, 02:06

dorkvader wrote:
roguemaster8 wrote:This is incredibly depressing to me...
We hope to have GH back up as quick as we can, so you won't be depressed for long.

I like how the "hack" part of the domain is making the parking page ads contain it as well.
Guess that's why going to 208.91.197.22 yields different results, it's trying to parse the words in the domain and come up with related material.

pita

02 Jul 2012, 02:25

lol nice new look.

ripster

02 Jul 2012, 02:30

Hey, my EXACT same thread at OCN got deleted!

http://www.overclock.net/t/1276745/the- ... a-new-look

Reaper~. .... STOP DELETING MY POSTS! At least I didn't get an infraction point. I mean, it's at Reddit too so I don't understand the censorship...
http://www.reddit.com/r/keyboards/comme ... _new_look/

Anyhoo...
mkawa wrote:yes, this is domain parking and it is intentional on our part
Damn, WHAT AN UGLY NEIGHBORHOOD TO PARK IN!

Hotmail Password Cracker???????????????????
IS IT THE 5PM GIVEAWAY????????????????????

If you DO may I suggest to the Geekhack Moderators something like what I saw last night while Reddit was down for an hour?

THIS is getting fucking surreal! And Andy Grove at Intel is wondering about his McAfee acquisition as this shit continues to drag on!
Last edited by ripster on 02 Jul 2012, 09:00, edited 2 times in total.

reaper

02 Jul 2012, 06:17

ripster wrote:Hey, my EXACT same thread at OCN got deleted!
Reaper~. .... STOP DELETING MY POSTS! At least I didn't get an infraction point. I mean, it's at Reddit too so I don't understand the censorship...
I didn't delete your posts. lol I'm not a mod there. :lol:

phetto
Elite

02 Jul 2012, 06:53

I lol'd

MagicMeatball

02 Jul 2012, 06:58

reaper wrote:I didn't delete your posts. lol I'm not a mod there. :lol:
He has a mod complex from having his posts deleted everywhere. lulz.

ripster

02 Jul 2012, 07:29

reaper wrote:
I didn't delete your posts. lol  I'm not a mod there.  :lol:
Oh, that's right, you are a OCN editor.  But you ARE the only Moderator at Geekhack with SiteWide access. 

Can you restore my Number One Poll at Geekhack pleasse? If you do so I can help you retrieve some pic attachments borked by W0RMR0T

http://geekhack.org/showthread.php?2678 ... net-Earth/

You can leave Microsoft Window's "Is Ripster A Toad? Poll" deleted. That dude is SUCH a troll!

MyNameIsFinn

02 Jul 2012, 09:45

I love ripster as usual, I wanted to sell shit on geekhack, guess not.

daedalus
Buckler Of Springs

02 Jul 2012, 13:55

At least I have my wiki stuff backed up locally, and a fair whack of the good stuff on the DKT wiki (albeit lacking photos)

I think it may be an idea to port some of the other articles over.

bhtooefr

02 Jul 2012, 15:44

The parking page was a good idea. One without ads all over the place would've been better, or just use a single static page, served from another server, explaining what happened would be best.

shawn o

02 Jul 2012, 17:12

Can we please have Ripster banned from this subforum?

7bit

02 Jul 2012, 17:22

shawn o wrote:Can we please have Ripster banned from this subforum?
Now that his postes are restricted to 1 per hour, there is no need for a ban anymore. Also, would be nice if iMav takes him back home, once GH is up again.

Return to “Geekhacker refugee camp”