Billiards GB

webwit
Wild Duck

12 Jul 2012, 00:41

didja wrote:This was hard to capture accurately with my phone in the lighting here but this shows the difference. My eyes in person show just under .5mm difference between the two sides. Not a big deal but I just got called out so here you go.
Next I'll post visual wav graphs proving my filco pings. :)

You shouldn't have pointed this out, now I see it on every picture :shock:

jcrouse

12 Jul 2012, 00:54

didja wrote:Great, now I'm out looking at pool cues again. I swore I wouldn't do that until after I have a pool table, which has to come after a bigger house.
Meucci
I've had my meucci for almost 20 years now. Still looks and works like they day it was new. However, the person using it has deferiorated significantly.

strafe

12 Jul 2012, 04:05

My keycaps come in today. They look awesome! Not worried about the height as i'll be replacing the entire top row :D

mhkt74

12 Jul 2012, 09:37

got mine today in Au, nice set and thanks so much for putting it together boilermaker

edit: and I don't know if you saw my comment before geekhack died, but the brown is OK ;)

ripster

12 Jul 2012, 16:47

didja wrote:Great, now I'm out looking at pool cues again. I swore I wouldn't do that until after I have a pool table, which has to come after a bigger house.
Meucci

Check here:
http://www.kbdmania.net/xe/billiards

Rofl.

noobandroid

13 Jul 2012, 12:05

dorkvader wrote:
noobandroid wrote: it is nice and all, but the height of the keycaps WASD made was not consistent, some are higher than the others
What do you mean by this? All my WASD keycaps height is consistent.

Do you mean that The SP-profile keycaps aren't the same? (A fn# row filco/WASH is taller than a Fn# row SP keycap). This is, unfortunately one of the drawbacks of SP. They also don't match with cherry.
some within the same row will raise higher than other, example, my H is lower than G, my backspace is higher than of the numbers

bpiphany

13 Jul 2012, 12:14

noobandroid wrote: some within the same row will raise higher than other, example, my H is lower than G, my backspace is higher than of the numbers
Try pushing them on harder.

ForestFunK

13 Jul 2012, 15:40

Nothing in my mailbox yet :|

i3oilermaker

13 Jul 2012, 15:42

ForestFunK wrote:Nothing in my mailbox yet :|
Isn't Germany always the last to get shipments?

ForestFunK

13 Jul 2012, 15:50

i3oilermaker wrote:
ForestFunK wrote:Nothing in my mailbox yet :|
Isn't Germany always the last to get shipments?
I guess they will show up next week. I am just too impatient seeing all those who already received theirs :mrgreen:

didja

13 Jul 2012, 16:09

ripster wrote:Check here:
http://www.kbdmania.net/xe/billiards
Rofl.
See, these caps are perfect. I assume there are a lot of people on here who play pool.

I need to sell some keyboards to buy a pool cue. My old sneaky pete's butt is separating. (Door wide open for jokes there)
I also still need to get an Albino Bowler painting from McPhee before Ramirez dies and they become priceless.

http://www.mcphee.com/shop/products/Alb ... nting.html

jcrouse

13 Jul 2012, 16:29

DanGWanG wrote:Just got mine :) Man...these are amazing. Thanks again i3oilermaker!
Must be some pretty slow shipping in the windy city. :grin:

Lu_e

13 Jul 2012, 19:45

I almost want some just to take some pictures on our felt. Who will be the first to do so? :p
dorkvader wrote:
noobandroid wrote:Do you mean that The SP-profile keycaps aren't the same? (A fn# row filco/WASH is taller than a Fn# row SP keycap). This is, unfortunately one of the drawbacks of SP. They also don't match with cherry.
Really? I was told they were a cherry profile?

didja

13 Jul 2012, 20:45

Lu_e wrote:I almost want some just to take some pictures on our felt. Who will be the first to do so? :p
I'll trade you one of my billiards cap sets for your pool table.

Igthorn

13 Jul 2012, 20:49

Lu_e wrote:
dorkvader wrote:
noobandroid wrote:Do you mean that The SP-profile keycaps aren't the same? (A fn# row filco/WASH is taller than a Fn# row SP keycap). This is, unfortunately one of the drawbacks of SP. They also don't match with cherry.
Really? I was told they were a cherry profile?
SP's DCS is pretty close to Cherry for R1-3 (Esc-Num/QWE/ASD) but for ZXC/Modifiers, SP is much more angled than Cherry.

Zehkul

13 Jul 2012, 23:24

i3oilermaker wrote:Isn't Germany always the last to get shipments?
It would be funny if it wasn’t so true. :-/

didja

14 Jul 2012, 00:06

jcrouse wrote:
didja wrote:I've had my meucci for almost 20 years now. Still looks and works like they day it was new. However, the person using it has deferiorated significantly.
I've had a few Meuccis and loved them all.

webwit wrote:
didja wrote:spacing...
You shouldn't have pointed this out, now I see it on every picture :shock:
Yeah... I kinda wish I wouldn't have said anything.

GH1391401

14 Jul 2012, 01:46

Got mine a while ago, photo taken with shoe

jonnybastard

14 Jul 2012, 06:08

Received mine yesterday in Aus, thanks mate, great looking set :)

postlapsaetia

14 Jul 2012, 06:15

Received mine the other day. They look great. Thanks i3, you're awesome!

scrubadub

14 Jul 2012, 16:43

Got mine but haven't had time to put them in the board. They came out really well and are some of favorite keys so far!

Zehkul

15 Jul 2012, 23:22

Received a letter from German customs. Suspecting it’s this one they’re keeping. Oh I hate those guys. :-/

dorkvader

16 Jul 2012, 02:13

Zehkul wrote:Received a letter from German customs. Suspecting it’s this one they’re keeping. Oh I hate those guys. :-/
What could possibly be bad about importing/receiving plastic keycaps? Those customs people can be pretty awful.

JaccoW

16 Jul 2012, 08:34

If they suspect them to be worth more than a certain amount, let's say €25, you need to pay tax.

ForestFunK

16 Jul 2012, 10:18

Zehkul wrote:Received a letter from German customs. Suspecting it’s this one they’re keeping. Oh I hate those guys. :-/
I guess then i will receive a letter pretty soon aswell. Let me know how it worked out when you picked them up.

ajdane

16 Jul 2012, 11:03

I just got mine today, and i didnt even get a bill from danish customs.
Pretty sweet cause those guys always want money. (They almost always nab anything remotely taxable.)

Daniel

16 Jul 2012, 12:52

I ordered via bubblemailer and there was no problem with the German customs at all!

Soarer

17 Jul 2012, 15:22

CueBallMod.jpg
CueBallMod.jpg (198.92 KiB) Viewed 12588 times
2mm hole drilled and part of an MX Black stem stuffed in!

i3oilermaker

17 Jul 2012, 15:32

Awesome!!!

Soarer

17 Jul 2012, 21:33

Now if I could just get the chalk to stay put...
CueBallChalk.jpg
CueBallChalk.jpg (92.97 KiB) Viewed 12563 times

Return to “Geekhacker refugee camp”