Imsto caps and other goodies

gimpster

19 Jul 2012, 01:20

thegunner100

19 Jul 2012, 01:21

litster wrote:ChangDrew is in the Saratoga, CA area. Anyone close to there who could pay him a visit and talk to him in person?
And also take a detour to visit Kisa please.

megnin

19 Jul 2012, 01:33

mickd

19 Jul 2012, 08:29

I'm going to keep waiting to see what happens. It's sad that the GB has resorted to this, but I'm not giving up hope yet...

el2k

19 Jul 2012, 18:43

Mine was only $67 but I'd rather like the imsto caps as they were pretty sick...

EDIT: Are people filing paypal disputes? / Worth it?

i3oilermaker

19 Jul 2012, 18:49

disputes are moot at this point since it is past the 45 day limit

DanGWanG

19 Jul 2012, 18:51

Is chargeback available for credit card funders? I didn't buy but just wondering

ChaoticKinesis

19 Jul 2012, 19:06

DanGWanG wrote:Is chargeback available for credit card funders? I didn't buy but just wondering
Credit card chargeback is typically available for 60 days after purchase. For most people who participated in the second group buy, it should be right around the 60-day mark now, so they may still have a chance. Some issuers who rate higher in the customer service department may consider disputes past 60 days, but that's entirely at their discretion.

Bimgao

19 Jul 2012, 20:26

So is this ChangDrew's gb still alive? I`want my Pokemon key so bad :( Anyone can find him? Thought he was GH's mod, wasnt he?

bebuxe

19 Jul 2012, 23:25

I wanted to say to you guys to wait a little bit. But I do not mind that you contact him at his home. Last time I read from him, he was working something out with the shipping. But you guys right that that does not take the fact he has not contacted us again, to at the least say it is on halt for said thing.

Like I said, I won't take action until August. And there are well about 500 keys here he was dealing with.

litster

19 Jul 2012, 23:53

Someone contacted imsto offline and he said changdrew didn't order anything from him. So the least ChangDrew can do is to refund the money. Obviously he is not going to do that.

I called Paypal. We are all pass the 45-day period. Paypal can't do anything at this point... *unless* you dispute the transaction with your credit card company or your bank (if you paid with direct transfer from your bank). I asked would then my bank reverse the payment from PP or the seller? He said PP. So he implies that if my bank/credit card company reserves the payment, PP will then go after the seller. They just wouldn't do it automatically after 45 days.

So go call your bank or your credit card company to reverse the charges. All of you, do it now!

bebuxe

20 Jul 2012, 08:01

Thanks. Did not know. Suing his 4$$ when I get time.

Also, it looks like GeekHack is back up in simplemachine. At the least better than vbulletin. I hope they change it to somthign else later..

Next time, I am making this GB.

riffraff

23 Jul 2012, 22:31

Changdrew had a family emergency and went back to China. He has recently started refunding people, myself included, from the IMSTO group buy. The TAOBAO order was already placed and orders should be going out shortly.

xbb

24 Jul 2012, 02:44

riffraff wrote:Changdrew had a family emergency and went back to China. He has recently started refunding people, myself included, from the IMSTO group buy. The TAOBAO order was already placed and orders should be going out shortly.
Just received refund too

Return to “Geekhacker refugee camp”