Imsto caps and other goodies

riffraff

03 Jul 2012, 06:27

Has anyone heard from Changdrew recently on these GBs?

Tried sending him a PM on deskthority but I haven't heard back.

thegunner100

03 Jul 2012, 06:28

Nope... I think if he doesn't have time to post a quick update in his threads, then he won't have time to reply to PMs.

tsangan

03 Jul 2012, 06:39

This was posted in another thread

Changdrew wrote:Sorry guys, have been really busy with real life issues. I've had the taobao buy packages packed and ready to send for quite a while now, but have been unable to actually start addressing and get them sent via USPS. I should be able to get started on doing that aforementioned things today (Sunday) and tomorrow (Monday). I sincerely apologize for the delay and hope you guys can forgive me.

As for the imsto groupbuy, I'm working out a few kinks. I have technically sent out the order but have to get some things fixed before finalizing.

Once again, I am really sorry, and hope you guys will stick with my buys :)

riffraff

03 Jul 2012, 06:51

Ok good to know. I was searching
around earlier but didn't see this post from yesterday.

As long as it makes it before xmas ;)

rhune

03 Jul 2012, 16:47

Anyone have imsto's contact info? I wanted to purchase some of those dark grey keys..

reaper

03 Jul 2012, 16:59

^ I'll pm you his email. Just order via email.

kalrykh

03 Jul 2012, 22:09

riffraff did you get your shit, said it went out for delivery yesterday, but there's no confirmation it was delivered.

riffraff

06 Jul 2012, 02:22

Got the case parts, thanks again for that kalrykh, sent you a PM.

It's been a rough week. I have a small dog that got very sick recently, and after several visits to the vet they diagnosed her with having acute kidney failure. She's doing very well now after about a week of treatment. She just started eating on her own today and blood work is showing much lower toxicity levels. She should be coming home tomorrow.

Hopefully my stress levels subside soon so I can get back to my projects. I’m really looking forward to the weekend.

mkawa

06 Jul 2012, 02:29

sorry to hear about your pup :(

i3oilermaker

10 Jul 2012, 15:33

Anyone hear from Changdrew? Would really like to get an update...

4en

10 Jul 2012, 16:44

he already replied... he said he got the stuff but has real life issues to deal with

net2522

10 Jul 2012, 16:52

Taobao Gb -VS- Round 4

baldbrah

10 Jul 2012, 17:41

its been a week since his last update.

riffraff

15 Jul 2012, 07:02

Yeah I agree it's taking a long time. But like my issues above, life happens. Perhaps he should post something here and provide an update? ;)

litster

18 Jul 2012, 18:21

try filing a dispute on Paypal. There is a 45-day limit, though. Maybe that is what ChangDrew was counting on.

boost

18 Jul 2012, 18:25

litster wrote:try filing a dispute on Paypal. There is a 45-day limit, though. Maybe that is what ChangDrew was counting on.
We are way past the 45 day

litster

18 Jul 2012, 18:27

for those wondering what the hell is going on with ChangDrew's group buy, email him at zhangaz@gmail.com. If you can, file a dispute on Paypal.

litster

18 Jul 2012, 18:27

I also have his home address, if email doesn't work.

Glissant

18 Jul 2012, 18:35

Emailed him a long time ago, dispute is impossible because of being over 45 days old. Getting pretty pissed at this whole situation now.

gimpster

18 Jul 2012, 19:13

I just opened a dispute for my transaction. Not sure what the 45 days is about, but we'll see where it goes. I also emailed him directly.

demik

18 Jul 2012, 19:49

try doing a charge back if you paid with a credit card, or maybe even your bank will help you.

ChaoticKinesis

18 Jul 2012, 20:58

I wonder how much money is tied into these two group buys and whether PayPal would even authorize disputes at this point. My purchase was small and I just paid with my PayPal balance. I wonder how many others did the same.

litster

18 Jul 2012, 21:37

$85 for me

gimpster

18 Jul 2012, 21:39

Yup, mine is not small...$106. And I don't think mine was one of the largest orders. In fact, I believe mine was closer to the middle of the pack.

EDIT: and that doesn't account for all the questions I get from my wife about "where the fuck are my My Little Pony key caps?!"

baldbrah

18 Jul 2012, 22:55

$22 for me but fuck this guy. andrew chang. filing a dispute now.

tsangan

18 Jul 2012, 23:10

This by the way is why PayPal doesn't allow GBs, as much as we hate them they have their reasons

ChaoticKinesis

19 Jul 2012, 00:29

It would be nice if there were some kind of escrow service available for GBs. Given that we are talking about what can often be >$10,000, who's to say that some previously reliable person with "real life problems" will not suddenly have a change of heart—especially after buyers have patiently waited past the dispute period.

gimpster

19 Jul 2012, 00:39

I haven't looked into it yet, but someone else suggested http://massdrop.com. Maybe they offer something like this.

litster

19 Jul 2012, 00:46

ChangDrew is in the Saratoga, CA area. Anyone close to there who could pay him a visit and talk to him in person?

boost

19 Jul 2012, 01:18

litster wrote:ChangDrew is in the Saratoga, CA area. Anyone close to there who could pay him a visit and talk to him in person?
-_-

Return to “Geekhacker refugee camp”