Geekhate

ripster

05 Jul 2012, 09:16

Lol!

Life was Grimm.

Lin TaobaoAgent

05 Jul 2012, 09:17

An open forum will have people from many walks of life. Some will be biased in one way or another and post accordingly.
I know it is certainly not my place to comment on what should and should not be discussed on these two forums.

I just want to say that I feel that GHers are generally friendly, helpful and respectful people, (just like I am sure DT members are,) and I have nothing but good things to say about the people I have encountered on GH.

05 Jul 2012, 09:19

DeathAdder wrote:Even in the Refugee Camp for GH they blabber about so much off topic (off keyboard) shit.
I think GH evolved to that. Looking at the site from 2010 compared to now, a massive change has occured. In 2010, many of the articles like, key reference guide , alps switches wiki and most other high calibre articles were written. The sites off topic page was minute compared to what it was before the R00tW0rm. I recall one day that the offtopic subforum had more traffic (posts) than the other subforums like keyboards and pointing devices. Most factual keyboard information was written 2010 or earlier and was updated every so often. I think the purpose of a keyboard forum is to discuss keyboards as well as related computing perpherals. I go by these words "if you havn't got anything nice to say, don't say it at all". Both sites are good in their own right. I think if we could coexist peacefully then we could achieve more.

ripster

05 Jul 2012, 09:20

Lin TaobaoAgent wrote:An open forum will have people from many walks of life. Some will be biased in one way or another and post accordingly.
I know it is certainly not my place to comment on what should and should not be discussed on these two forums.

I just want to say that I feel that GHers are generally friendly, helpful and respectful people, (just like I am sure DT members are,) and I have nothing but good things to say about the people I have encountered on GH.
That's because you are a girl!

(this is a joke)

ripster

05 Jul 2012, 09:24

486 wrote:
DeathAdder wrote:Even in the Refugee Camp for GH they blabber about so much off topic (off keyboard) shit.
I think GH evolved to that. Looking at the site from 2010 compared to now, a massive change has occured. In 2010, many of the articles like, key reference guide , alps switches wiki and most other high calibre articles were written. The sites off topic page was minute compared to what it was before the R00tW0rm. I recall one day that the offtopic subforum had more traffic (posts) than the other subforums like keyboards and pointing devices. Most factual keyboard information was written 2010 or earlier and was updated every so often. I think the purpose of a keyboard forum is to discuss keyboards as well as related computing perpherals. I go by these words "if you havn't got anything nice to say, don't say it at all". Both sites are good in their own right. I think if we could coexist peacefully then we could achieve more.

Like I said earlier, 2010 was the peak of Geekhack. Keyboard and switch discoveries were being made every day and the market was new and exciting. Now even Anandtech has done 3 Mechanical keyboard reviews. Webwit would agree that after he left In 2010 everything went to shit.

I WILL say the number of key buys going on and volume in the Classifieds/GroupBuys now dominates the site. You could easily see this trend happening in both page views and post counts. In fact the most people viewing the site REMAINS back in 2011 in October on the day of my first ban!
Last edited by ripster on 05 Jul 2012, 09:33, edited 2 times in total.

05 Jul 2012, 09:29

ripster wrote:
486 wrote:

Like I said, 2010 was the peak of Geekhack. Webwit would agree that after he left everything went to shit.
If only geekhack had a system restore function :P

ripster

05 Jul 2012, 09:32

Well, it wasn't ALL rosy. Wellington1869 was still posting.

fossala
Elite +1

05 Jul 2012, 09:41

ripster wrote:Well, it wasn't ALL rosy. Wellington1869 was still posting.
Didn't he end up in prison?

ripster

05 Jul 2012, 09:44

Nah, just probation.

Boy, what a bunch of old fogeys.

dirge

05 Jul 2012, 09:45

How do you go from mechanical keyboards to doing a little bird?

(and altavista was okay)

illalwaysactyoung

05 Jul 2012, 09:48

486 wrote:
I think mechanical keyboards just went more mainstream and became much more popular. The popularity brought an influx of new users and the focus in general shifted to the newer boards and popular switches and less on old IBMs or obscure switches. That's just how it is.

Honestly, a wiki is made and content is added sporadically which is what happened. How much can be said about alps switches?

ripster

05 Jul 2012, 09:51

ROFL!

Here..................
Spoiler:
[comment]ALPS[/comment]

[H="2"]Introduction[/H]
There are three commonly available types of ALPS keyboard switches: "Bigfoot", low profile switch, and "leaf spring". They can be seen here: http://park16.wakwak.com/~ex4/kb/tech.htm

Bigfoot (because the classic older ALPS keyboards had a big "footprint").
ImageImage

Low Profile Switch
ImageImage

Leaf Spring Switch

In addition, a rare buckling spring over membrane type mechanism was also made by Alps, originally for the Sega Teradrive system manufactured for Sega by IBM. It was later used some other boards such as C.Itoh terminal keyboards. See description here.

Most (except for an unusual gray Capslock version) are SPST NO (Normally Open) Momentary switches.

Please Note. All pictures are from Geekhack members unless otherwise noted.
[H="2"]"Bigfoot"[/H]
US Patent 4642433

This is the most common type of ALPS keyboard switch, and most times when people are talking about ALPS switches, they are referring to these. It was designed to be mounted on a flat steel plate. These switches have 3.5mm travel and a switch life of 20 million operations.

The term Bigfoot refers not to the switch itself but to the shape of keyboards such as the Dell AT-101. It is not an ALPS term.
This type of switch was marketed as ALPS CM switch by US PC and keyboard manufacturers. The part number in the ALPS catalog began with SKCM for tactile and click and SKCL for linear. Hereafter Bigfoot will be used to refer this type of switch for convenience.

Bigfoot switches come in two versions. Complicated and Simplified. Originally the ALPS switch mechanism was quite complicated internally, consisting of many parts. The design was later simplified and subsequently copied by manufacturers other than ALPS.

Left to right, Simplified Type II, Simplified Type I, Complicated.

Complicated

Simplified

For a detailed analysis of HOW the switch works see this post.

[H="3"]Complicated ALPS[/H]
As mentioned earlier Complicated ALPS have a distinctive switch plate. They can come in multiple colors and vary slightly.

The most common is the white switch plate, the latest revision.

Complicated ALPS can be clicky and tactile, non- clicky and tactile, or linear (no bump when pressing down). Although generally regarded as "smoother" than Simplified ALPS there is a wide range of disagreement on this. In addition, ALPS did not appear to publish force diagrams like Cherry Corporation so most ALPS "feel" reviews are highly subjective. For example some people think Orange ALPS are smoother than Black ALPS, others feel no difference at all.

Although not an official manufacturers force diagram the one below seems accurate overall for most ALPS. The black line shows an actuation force of 70g fairly early in the keystroke, and a bit of an uneven curve as the switch continues it's travel. White Clicky Complicated ALPS are felt to be smoother. Blue Clicky Complicated ALPS are reported to be lighter.

Source.

[H="4"]Complicated ALPS - Tactile, Clicky[/H]
NOTE: In parentheses are reported keyboards that the switch has been found in. Before purchasing a ALPS keyboard be sure to do the research. Many ALPS keyboards have the same part number but different switches were used through their lifetime. For example the Wang 724 Terminal keyboard may have Black, Orange OR Pink ALPS. Even having a seller take a picture of the switch is not definitive. For example the a white key slider may indicate a Complicated Clicky ALPS or a Complicated Rubber Dampened ALPS or a Simplified ALPS. The only way you will know for sure is to take apart the switch.

For example the outside of this case makes this look like a standard Dell AT101W Black ALPS - Complicated NonClicky but tactile switches?

it is actuallyType 1 Simplifieds

ALPS Electronics left the keyboard and keyboard switch business in the 1990's. Some people prefer to call the newer one "FAKES" but I find the whole Fake versus Real designation to not really help in identifying the switch or more importantly how it feels. In addition it is difficult sometimes to see if the switch is made by ALPS before they sold off their business because sometimes the logo is on the BOTTOM of the switch and requires desoldering to check.

Sometimes the logo is BOTH on the top and the bottom.
Pic source, keyboard unknown

[h=5]White[/h]
Clicky and tactile

Keyboards:
Northgate Omnikey 101
Focus FK-2000 Plus
Focus FK-2001 without Windows keys
Focus FK-3000, 5000
Acer 6011
SOME Chicony KB-5161 AT/XT Switchable
NEC APC-HA410

Focus FK-2001 without Windows keys

NEC APC-HA410
Source - Ilia.

Click Leaf

[h=5]Blue[/h]
Clicky and tactile

Keyboards:
Some Northgate Omnikey Ultra and 101
PC-8801mk
Acer KB101a)
Laser
Some Samsung/Chiconey KB-5161

Picture Source

For Details and many more pics read the "Maybe Blue ALPS Collectors Are/Aren't Crazy" wikis.

[h=5]Deep Yellow (like a NYC Taxi)[/h]
Clicky and tactile

Keyboards:
Some early model Apple IIc models

The Click leaf is slightly different than the White Complicated Clicky ALPS. Link to post describing differences.

[H="4"]Complicated ALPS - Tactile, NonClicky[/H]
[h=5]Black[/h]
Tactile

Keyboards:
Dell AT-101 new logo
Dell AT-101W 0227KN
Dell AT-102/W
Some Wang 724 terminal keyboards)

Dell AT-101W

[h=5]Cream and SOME White[/h]
Tactile with rubber damper

Keyboards:
Apple Extended Keyboard II M3501 - Made In Mexico and Ireland. Made in Japan use Mitsumi switches
SGI Granite (PN 9500900, 9500829)

SGI Granite Switch Opened Up

SGI Granite Rubber Dampened Slider

Qwerter's Clinic Article on dampening action: link.

[h=5]Orange[/h]
Tactile

Keyboards:
Early Apple Keyboard M0116/M0115/GS II keyboard
Some Wang 724 Terminal keyboards

Some ALPS users believe the older Orange/Yellow/Blue ALPS have a smoother more solid "feel" the more common Black/White ALPS. This is probably because they generally use the Gray Switchplate.

Apple M0116, sold as option with the Mac SE
Photo courtesy of Dr. Jim. Source.

Apple Extended

The older Gray (although sometimes White) Switchplate is slightly longer than the newer White Switchplate and provides a more rigid surface for the slider to move along. Deskthority.net discussion here.

For Details read the "Maybe Blue ALPS Collectors Are/Aren't Crazy" wikis.

Pink: tactile (later Apple Keyboard M0116/M0115 , Dell AT-101 old logo, some Wang 724 Terminal keyboards)

Very similar to Orange but with the newer shorter White Switchplate. Different colored spring but pretty similar.

YouTube Video. Unfortunately the dude says not a word the entire video.
[video=youtube;Nm3Syrh-MWI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nm3Syrh- ... dded#at=47[/video]

[H=4]Complicated ALPS - Linear (no bump in feel)[/H]
[h=5]Green[/h]
Linear - Activation Force 50g. No Tactile Leaf, Upper Case does not have slot for Tactile Leaf. In this pic you can see a smaller version of this switch with non-typical sliders.

Zenith ZKB-2
Zenith ZKB-3
Zenith Z-150
IBM 5556 keyboards
IBM PC JX keyboards

Picture Source

Notice they share the same gray switchplate as the Blue ALPS. This probably explains why the the Green ALPS is often referred to as "smoother" than later linear ALPS.

Grey: linear, stronger spring for space bar (Zenith ZKB-2)

Grey: linear, two position key for Caps Lock (Apple Extended Keyboard II)

Light Yellow: linear (Zenith ZKB-2, IBM Multistation keyboards)

Yellow with LED: linear (Focus 5001)
Source.

[H="3"]Simplified ALPS[/H]
Simplified ALPS are felt by some to be stiffer, louder, and not as smooth, with reports of inconsistencies in feeling across the keyboard. Some Simplified ALPS have the ALPS logo on the switch casing. The only way to tell if they are fake/simplified or not is to take the switch apart.

The Matias Tactile Pro 1.0 for example has switches stamped ALPS but it is a ALPS Simplified switch (Type 1 clicky). Link to more pics. .

NOTE: In parentheses are reported keyboards that the switch has been found in. Before purchasing a ALPS keyboard be sure to do the research. Many ALPS keyboards have the same part number but different switches were used through their lifetime. For example the Wang 724 Terminal keyboard may have Black, Orange OR Pink ALPS. Even having a seller take a picture of the switch is not definitive. For example the a white key slider may indicate a Complicated Clicky ALPS or a Complicated Rubber Dampened ALPS or a Simplified ALPS. The only way you will know for sure is to take apart the switch.

Most new keyboard products use these switches simply because the original complicated ALPS switch is no longer available. ALPS Electronics left the keyboard and keyboard switch business in the 1990's.

Blue: click (Focus FK-2001 with Windows keys)
Cream: click (Keypot Technology KPT-84)
White: click (Diatec Filco ZERO, Macally MK96)
Grey: tactile (Strong Man SMK-85)
Black: clicky (Filco FKB-109J)
Black: tactile (ABS M1)
Yellow: linear (DSI Big Font Keyboard)
Green: linear (Aron KB-106)

This taxonomy was first proposed by Sandy55 and is what is used at Geekhack.

[h=4]Simplified Type I[/h]
Type I . Note that these are sometimes erroneously referred to as Fukka. ?? (Fuhua or Forward Electronics) is more technically correct since they are the manufacturer but for the purposes of this Wiki it will just be referred to as "Type 1 Simplified". Generally regarded as less balky than XMs, activation force around 65g (although the spec says 70g +/- 25g)
Filco ZERO (new version) FKN87Z/EB - White clicky
ABS M1 Black nonclicky
Matias Tactile Pro 1 (earlier were Complicated, later Gray clicky),
Matias Tactile Pro 2.0, 3.0 - White clicky
Solidtek 6600 White clicky (Source)
Siig JK-US0112-S1 White clicky Source.
Avant Stellar and Prime White clicky

Notice they have a simplified switch mechanism but complicated style click/tactile leaf.

Grey Clicky on a Matias Tactile Pro 1.0
Source

Note: The Type IIs are interesting in that unlike most ALPS switches they appear to publish their specifications (ALPS I believe did too in their paper catalog but I haven't seen any scans online). Source.
Maximum contact rating 12 VDC, 100mA
Operation travel 3.5mm + .05mm (0.138 in.)
Type of contact Mechanical
Mechanical Key depression force 70 grams +/- 25 grams
Operation temp -20� C to 60� C (-4� F to 140� F)
Contact resistance 1 Ohm maximum
Storage temp -30�C to 70�C (-22�F to 158�F)
Contact bounce 5 ms maximum

[H=4]Simplified Type II[/h]
Type II nicknamed "XM". Activation force around 70g.

Keyboards using Simplified Type II ALPS:

Aron KB-AU106(Green Linear??)
Filco ZERO (old version) FKN87Z/EB-Y
DSI Big Font (Yellow linears)
Ducky 9008
Elsa Communications MAK-98 (source Sandy55)
F21-7d Mechanical Keyboard (Blue Clicky) (product Link)
Ceratech Monster Keyboard - different color schemes
Source: Ebay Listing
IDEA/Takumi Calculator (aka The Alpsulator)
Keypot Technology KPT-84
Macally MK96 (newer models)
Siig Minitouch and variants: Ortek MCK-89S, Filco DFK-81E2 - all clicky. NOTE - the current Siig Minitouch Plus is a rubber dome. Look for Model number 1903 and Model number 1948. Even then Model Number 1903 is sometimes a Monterey Switch. Safest thing, as always with ALPS, is to ask for the seller to pull a key and take a picture

Note the 4 tabs in the corners of the bottom housing.

These are visible even without pulling the switch apart.

Small copper colored click leaf.

Note the two slots in the upper housing. This makes it finicky to put back together.

Blue Clicky APC Version on F21-7d Mechanical Keyboard

Ducky 9008 XM Version

Green Switch exposed. Note the White Linear LED version next to it, also XM.

[H=4]Simplified Type III[/h]
Type III

Tactile NonClicky Strongmans. Unlike Sixty I'm pretty sure Strongman is out of business: Thread Link Discussing.

DSI SMK 85
Source.

DSI SMK-85

Notice the odd tactile leaf.
Source

Supposedly manufactured by Strongman (source).

[h=4]Simplified Type IV[/h]
The Simplified Type 4 is like a hybrid of Type 1 and Type 2. It has a wide leaf like a Type 1 but has a switch similar to a Type 2.

Focus 2001 with Windows Keys
Macally MK-96

Focus 2001 with Windows keys
Pictures from Sandy55

Macally MK-96

Comparing the Type IV upper housing with the Type II
pics courtesy of Sandy55
[H="2"]Low Profile ALPS[/H]
There are two types of low profile switch, both designed to be PCB mounted. The earlier type is known as "ALPS Linear" on Qwerters Clinic site. Later type is available in two variations: linear and click action. In ALPS' catalog 1994 edition, these are listed as SKFR/linear and SKFS/click. Features of SKFR/SKFS switches include 10.3mm height with 3.5mm travel, with built-in jumper lead.

[h=3]Earlier ALPS SFKR linear[/h]
Toshiba T5200
IBM 5556 keyboard P/N 5962851

On some IBM terminals in Japan.
ImageImageImageImage
Source. Also Laptop.

Toshiba 5200
Source.

[h=3]Newer ALPS SKFR linear and click[/h]
This is an example of a low profile ALPS from a ALPS ADB Touchpad:
SKFS/clicky - Apple Adjustable
http://www7.ocn.ne.jp/~hisao/image/adjustable.htm
http://sandy55.fc2web.com/keyboard/appl ... table.html

[H="2"]Leaf spring[/H]
US
Patent http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Pars ... er=3899648

This switch was developed under request of IBM Japan and is available only in IBM Japan's products.

IBM P70/P75 keyboard ( these are PS/2 but actually made by IBM Japan )
IBM 5576-001 ; To use on Win2000 and later, registry modification is needed.
IBM 5576-002 ; same as above

IBM P70 Alps keyboard
Source - Webwit.

This switch can be mounted onto PCB directly (older type) and on face plate (newer type).

It uses a buckling plate mechanism.
Source - Sandy55.

More info at the Deskthority.net wiki

[h=2]Buckling Spring[/h]

ALPS even made a buckling spring version! It has a lower travel and is supposedly not as tactile

This is a switch on a C. Itoh Keyboard
Source.

Also shown here on this Sega Teradrive keyboard.
Source

Never heard of the Sega Teradrive? Check this post.

More info here.
Or the excellent writeup by Ch_123 at Deskthority.net Wiki.

I haven't seen a picture of the actual buckling spring hammer but this is from the patent.

[H="2"]Rubber Dome[/H]
This is an ALPS individual switch containing a rubber dome.

[H="2"]Spring over Membrane[/H]
Source: Mousefan

[H="2"]Older Variations[/H]
In addition to the above three types, there are many switches developed by ALPS and these variations are considered predecessors to Bigfoot and low profile switch in ALPS development.

This for example is an older linear ALPS
Source.

Shares a similar switchplate design.

Note that although the older Vintage design shares the same switchplate overall design the pin geometry is a bit different than current Bigfoot ALPS and you can't switch for example M0110 ALPS into a Apple Extended II Keyboard.

This ALPS was used on the ALPS IIe.
Source

These from a Apple M0110.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Source.

Also the TI-99/4A, TRS-80 Model III
Source.

TRS-80 and Atari 800XL

Metal Plate - different switch design. More like a linear leaf.
Source.

Toshiba Home Computer HX-10D
Source.

[H="2"]Switches that LOOK like ALPS[/H]
Manufacturers OTHER than ALPS sometimes used sliders that can use ALPS keys and therefore have similar looking sliders.

[H=4]Montereys[/H]
Although keys are compatible with ALPS the switch internals are quite different. In addition you can not swap Montereys with ALPS.

Internal parts of the Monterey showing the difference.

More information in the Identify That Vintage Switch! - The Geekhack Switch Reference Wiki.

[H=4]Omrons[/H]
Blue: click
Yellow: click (pictures and description here at Sandy55's webpage)
White: linear

More information in the Identify That Vintage Switch! - The Geekhack Switch Reference Wiki.

[H=4]Acers[/H]
These have ALPS compatible stems but are completely unlike ALPS. They have a click mechanism mounted over a membrane so the switches are not interchangeable.

More on the key feel here.
pics courtesy of lowpoly

[H=4]Datanetics[/h]
And this linear was not made by ALPS but used with early Apple computers. Datanetics manufactured these.
ImageImage
Source.

[h=4]Rubber dome lookalikes[/h]
There are also LOTS of rubber dome clones that use a ALPS compatible key stem. This is from a Macally MK-105X.
Source

Acer 6511 Rubber Dome

Another:
Source

[h=2] Not Yet Identified[/h]
Although Cherry MX stem this has a ALPS logo on the bottom AND has 4 contact points.
Source.

[H="2"]Key and Switch Maintenance[/H]
Q. How do I take a key off an ALPS keyboard?

http://geekhack.org/showwiki.php?title=Island:7018

Q. How to open up an ALPS switch?

see video here, using standard "2 screwdriver" method: http://geekhack.org/showwiki.php?title=Island:7121

Do NOT pry too aggressively or you will break the switch bottoms. The idea is to use thin screwdrivers, insert straight down, and pinch the two screwdrivers together and pull, not pry.

Additional info and alternate/faster methods:
http://geekhack.org/showpost.php?p=111922&postcount=11

Q. How do I reassemble it afterwards?

See video here: http://geekhack.org/showwiki.php?title=Island:7121

Note the orientation of the slider AND the upper case (although some people say they can't feel the difference).

Be cautious here. You can bend the tactile leaf so make sure you note the orientation of the click leaf.

A spot of vaseline or silicon grease will help "stick" the spring inside the slider and keep it from falling out, which is the main difficulty. Or use a magnet held above the slider.
http://geekhack.org/showwiki.php?title= ... t=vaseline (scroll down a bit).

Also be super careful when reassembling Type 1 simplifieds. They actuation mechanism is very easy to damage even with correct upper case orientation. It's very easy to crush or bend them such that they don't work.

Q. How can I tell an Type II switch from a Type I without opening up the switch?

If you remove the key, you can tell between these two switch types without having to further open up the switch guts. You'll need a flashlight to peer at the left-right mounting tabs. See pics linked below. The left-right mounting tabs will be slightly different. The XM's tabs are "ridges" and the Type I's tabs are "flat".
You can see that difference here: http://geekhack.org/showpost.php?p=109390&postcount=1
If you do open up the guts (and as an alternate photo shoot), you'll see this difference: http://geekhack.org/showpost.php?p=116887&postcount=93

[H="2"]Modifications[/H]

Q
. How do I turn my black alps into a poor man's white alps?

Mod to get your black alps to click somewhat.

Q. How do I install dampened sliders into a alps board to silence the click sound a bit?

This actual mod being done, example 1.
This actual mod being done, example 2.
See here for lots of additional details: http://geekhack.org/showpost.php?p=174311&postcount=68

Q. Which ALPS boards/switches are a good source for Rubber Dampened sliders?

Apple Extended Keyboard II (the serial number, usually located underneath the bar code, MUST begin with the letter A) or SGI keyboards (part no 9500900) are commonly available on Ebay.

Q. Help, my alps switch seems to be stuck after I modded it!

Common problem. See this postor the thread its in.

Q. I need a ALPS Switch Removal Guide Video made by a dude named Pamperchu that dresses up his GF in pampers.
[video=youtube;PLgQvmF3zOk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLgQvmF3 ... ideo_title[/video]

A. The Geekhack Wiki has the most wonderful and weird keyboard info on the InterToobs. Link.

Damn, that Sixty attachment warning was sure prescient.
Last edited by ripster on 05 Jul 2012, 10:17, edited 1 time in total.

illalwaysactyoung

05 Jul 2012, 09:53

Good job on the spam. Was that article written all in one go?

ripster

05 Jul 2012, 09:55

Spam? You 12?

I can see from your previous post you are a big fan of my wikis.
Holy fuck you're annoying. How butthurt are you that you have to constantly bash geekhack and at the same time you actively evade the ban and join groupbuys?

illalwaysactyoung

05 Jul 2012, 09:56

You 40? That post didn't even mention your wikis, nice try.

ripster

05 Jul 2012, 09:57

ZOMG, What an insult!

BTW, good job picking up your PMs. That 60 minute timeout thing was hilarious.
Last edited by ripster on 05 Jul 2012, 09:58, edited 1 time in total.

illalwaysactyoung

05 Jul 2012, 09:58

I guess being called 12 is way better of an insult.

Yeah, I didn't even bother opening up your messages because they were guaranteed to be stupid. Do you know what a rhetorical question is?
Last edited by illalwaysactyoung on 05 Jul 2012, 10:00, edited 1 time in total.

Acanthophis

05 Jul 2012, 09:59

Wait for me guys, I'm going to fetch the popcorn!

MagicMeatball

05 Jul 2012, 09:59

ripster

05 Jul 2012, 10:03

So anyway as you can see GH is now filled with little trolls, waiting patiently for their keys to ship.

illalwaysactyoung

05 Jul 2012, 10:06

That's funny, because you're the one waiting for your keys to ship and I'm not waiting for anything. You keep using that word but I'm not sure you know what it means.

ripster

05 Jul 2012, 10:07

Yeah, where IS that Pi key?

Input Nirvana

05 Jul 2012, 10:32

I can't believe this thread exists.

<keeping with my low post/no walls-of-texts policy, which I violate frequently>

DT and GH are very different sites. This is good. What's the point of having 2 clone sites? Serve different purposes for different peeps. I'm kinda disappointed with the shizz I'm seeing on DT since GH melted down. I'm not sure I understand the continued yapping about GH continuously, now that most of the speculative issues have been answered/resolved. Other than the info/status of GH alleged GH return to the intertoobs, it seems to serve no purpose any longer, unless I'm missing something.

BACK TO KEYBOARDS!

off

05 Jul 2012, 11:01

input nirvana wrote:I can't believe this thread exists.
Well this thread exists, since OP vocalized something that more people are encountering here at the moment, and was wondering what's up with that; afaiu it's not meant to spew the hatred, but instead to discuss why, and how to get rid of those sentiments.

dirge

05 Jul 2012, 12:24

ripster wrote:Yeah, where IS that Pi key?
May find the pikey here.

Can this thread be locked? It was started by someone with 4 posts and types on a PLU, it was just flame bait.

off

05 Jul 2012, 12:50

"it was just flame bait."
I really don't think it was, nor should be regarded as such; there is quite a bit of geekhate going around, it seems..

But I do agree on altavista.

dirge

05 Jul 2012, 12:57

I don't see the geekhate, I see a few comments raising concerns but hates a strong word.

I never seen as many clack pictures on this site in such a small space of time ;)

jdcarpe

05 Jul 2012, 15:23

dirge wrote:
ripster wrote:Yeah, where IS that Pi key?
May find the pikey here.
This was hilarious. Nice stack of caravans, that.

ripster

05 Jul 2012, 15:37

Brit joke! Show some multicultural sensitivity for the American GH'rs.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=pikey

CriKEY, Mate!
Last edited by ripster on 05 Jul 2012, 15:39, edited 1 time in total.

jdcarpe

05 Jul 2012, 15:39

I confess, I only got it because I've seen the movie Snatch about a hundred times.

Return to “Geekhacker refugee camp”