Anodized aluminum poker cases

oneproduct

18 Jul 2012, 20:45

metafour wrote:It was in the foam and paper packing. I think the issue is the foam. It just doesn't provide enough cushioning for any impacts. I don't remember any thing looking damaged on the packing in that area. The anodizing looks like it is flaking off in some of the welded spots too. Although that could be from being hit there too.

@mkawa Is treble in the US? Wondering about the cost of shipping this again. Did you decide on a new color yet?
Ah, and I thought the foam would be the best. The first few I sent out in boxes but those were too hard to get under the weight limit. I had some of that foam from the packaging of something else that I had bought recently and sent out two or three cases using that. After that I went over to bubble wrapping. I guess bubble wrapping is more firm even though it's a bit less cushy. If you do get it recolored, I can offer to pay for some of the recoloring since I suppose it's my fault.

I'm really worried about the other ones now though. :?

mkawa

18 Jul 2012, 20:46

haven't thought about color yet too busy laun^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H ALERT ALERT MALFUNCTION DETECTED WARNING WARNING WARNINGZZZZGHKSDLJNFKLSNDLKNGgl;;lgksd;flgs;lkdfg;lsgsegsergsergsergg

The_Beast

19 Jul 2012, 01:33

When will next round orders be due?

Elrobo

19 Jul 2012, 02:17

No pics until I transplant mine, but wanted to post to say it got here, looks great, and looks like it survived the trip fine.

jonnybastard

19 Jul 2012, 03:14

Received mine today in Australia, was worried after the last couple of pics but mine arrived safe and sound, no dings etc, love how deep the blue looks, thanks again oneproduct these are great cases!! :D

I'll throw up some photos over the weekend once it's all glued up and looking pretty.

tadbitnerdy

19 Jul 2012, 03:14

Will you be taking orders for this again? If so, could there be black anodizing done?

-Tad

Ragnorock

19 Jul 2012, 03:20

Lol, this makes me want to buy a poker, get the blue case, and compliment it with the blue on white PBT keys I'm about to run. XD

oneproduct

19 Jul 2012, 03:53

I'm very relieved to hear that some of the cases are making it to their destinations safely. I guess some were just more unlucky with the treatment they got from the mail carriers. :(

If I do another round it won't be for another month or so probably. I'm busy with summer classes at the moment. I'd also like to see what people think about this round, because if they aren't happy with it I'm not exactly in a rush to disappoint more people. This whole thing was just a non-profit thing that I thought would be fun for the community since everyone wanted one of imsto's poker cases but now there's a bunch of other people offering CNC'd poker cases which these hand made ones have a hard time matching up to.

emptythecache

19 Jul 2012, 04:13

for what it's worth, i'm leaning toward keeping this case over the cnc'd one I got from treble. I like them both, but I prefer anodizing to powdercoating, and the thickness/heaviness/solidness of this one is unmatched.

Elrobo

19 Jul 2012, 09:55

Well crap, was removing my poker from it's old case, and the far left screw is just locked right in there, ended up mostly stripping it trying to get it out. Guess I get to wait till tomorrow and see if I can dremel a small flathead slot into it.

emptythecache

19 Jul 2012, 12:08

I know that feel bro, I did the same thing when I got treble's aluminum case, although I think I ended up doing the rubber band trick because I don't own a dremel.

elton5354

19 Jul 2012, 14:54

emptythecache wrote:I know that feel bro, I did the same thing when I got treble's aluminum case, although I think I ended up doing the rubber band trick because I don't own a dremel.
How do you do it with a rubber band?

emptythecache

19 Jul 2012, 15:53

it doesn't really work if the screw is totally stripped, but here.

Return to “Geekhacker refugee camp”