Hello, here is qtan5370 news room. KBT product arrived,

qtan5370

08 Jul 2012, 10:13

KBT Race is arrived, available both in my store and eBay.

I am able to make 135.99 dollar in my store.

KBT pure also arrived, stock is limited.

Poker is on the way, should be mail to me on 9 or 10 this month but just with very few.

Ducky is running really low, suggest contact me before for buying from my web store.

I will keep but store up to date and if you get any question or want to buy something from Tao Bao, you can always email me. My fee as listed in my web store is 7% apply to items +3.4% PayPal fees applies to total invoice.

Updated:

Ducky dragon year is coming too it might delay a little I am not sure at this point. The price of Ducky dragon year will be 179.99, only international shipping will be added. From a range 24(U.S and most EU) to 32 depend on location.

I won't do pre-order, but my price will be low than Lin offer of course after consider the shipping. (I keep this, edit to add this following: it is price match policy for this item)

Group buy after released might open depend on the inventory supply condition. If so, as usual, group buy shipping discount will apply.

KBT Pure green LED limited edition:

it might come end of this month. I have to remind everyone again, KBT product has supply issue all around. Also from last time on orange LED U.S or Taiwan source might be cheaper (from mechanical keyboard), so I will hold for while to get more information before launching any move.

KBT Pure without LED might be provided base on group buy. Just let you guys know they did made it. I will run interest check after geekhack back up.

No new with Noppo so far. My feedback tell me noppo has quality issue so might be seeing them for a while.

HPE is good keyboard, coming up with White body in this week, possibly has sample release for LED version this month. Suggest giving a try.

KBT Poker:

I paid for a few of all 4 switches and should be shipped this week, however, still base on what happen before, I won't post it until I get it on hand this time. (I suppose to get it months ago with a good quantity, and paid them once but get refunded after 4 weeks delay...)
Last edited by qtan5370 on 09 Jul 2012, 00:30, edited 4 times in total.

Lin TaobaoAgent

08 Jul 2012, 12:57

"I won't do pre-order, but my price will be low than Lin offer of course after consider the shipping."

:?: :roll:
I do not even know how much I will charge for the shipping, since I have not packed, measured and weighed them yet.
It is a good thing you apparently do.

I usually do not reply to your posts, but remember, If you keep poking a house cat, eventually it will show its claws.

sth
2 girls 1 cuprubber

08 Jul 2012, 13:03

qtan5370

08 Jul 2012, 14:13

I usually won't say anything like this but now I feel it is a time I have to make it clear.

Offering a base price that looks lower to attract buyer is nice move, but just don't feel bad when I have to point it out to defend myself. Price matching is common in business. When you starting offering group buy pre-orders. It force me to react so directly.

Of course I know how much your shipping cost it is (lowest). Because I know how much it will weigh after package since I ship so much keyboard. Sometimes I have to do things that I don't want to do but it is business. I am running a flat rate shipping instead charged them twice, so average part of shipping into price will make it looks higher.

I can tell you for sure that my shipping rate much less than you charged right now (I am not making money from shipping), you charged approximate 32-35 dollars(based on you website, even more for EU) for a 1.5 KG keyboard by EMS to U.S, when I only charged from 20-24 dollars (Via FedEx, usually better when shipping to western countries).

Also, I stated that clearly I offer price match to whom can give me the a Tao Bao link for the item. I am living in states, not in China, make me have to work harder to try to keep the price match.

I used to very carefully avoid directly competition. I don't open group buyer if I saw someone doing the same things.
I doing pre-order payment only when I confirmed the shipment is on the route or I paid for the item already. But right now I have to follow others (I am not pointing at Lin here), they offer 2 months ahead group buy, collect money without getting any confirmation etc. What should I do?

My pure and Race this round also offered lower than group buy too. I feel that's fare enough. For limited item, pre-order buyer will be certain that he/she will get one, but pay a little more. Buy after release will possibly cost less but also a chance that they can't get it.

I am petty against having pre-orders via Tao Bao. Because the releasing time and spots are actually unknown. In Tao Bao, seller can tell you hey we have 20 and end up giving you nothing. I am not aiming on you but just let you know a little about in mechanical keyboard market, delay and short supply is really happen a lot . How much time Pure and Race delay? How long last time 9008S delay?

I never think about discuss business in this type of forum openly, but also very surprise to see a Tao Bao agency here too.

Anyway, I hope it is clear, my next step is renew my website after I back to U.S. and arrange more inventory in stock.

It is almost a year I am in Geekhack and thanks to everyone I did learn a lot for will keep improving my services (as well as my English).
Last edited by qtan5370 on 08 Jul 2012, 14:31, edited 1 time in total.

ripster

08 Jul 2012, 14:24

By the way, it is almost a year I am in Geekhack and thanks to everyone I did learn a lot for will keep improving my services (as well as my English).
Geekhack is great the few times I've seen it up and working this year.

Lin TaobaoAgent

08 Jul 2012, 15:27

qtan5370 wrote:I usually won't say anything like this but now I feel it is a time I have to make it clear.

Offering a base price that looks lower to attract buyer is nice move, but just don't feel bad when I have to point it out to defend myself. Price matching is common in business. When you starting offering group buy pre-orders. It force me to react so directly.

Of course I know how much your shipping cost it is (lowest). Because I know how much it will weigh after package since I ship so much keyboard. Sometimes I have to do things that I don't want to do but it is business. I am running a flat rate shipping instead charged them twice, so average part of shipping into price will make it looks higher.

I can tell you for sure that my shipping rate much less than you charged right now (I am not making money from shipping), you charged approximate 32-35 dollars(based on you website, even more for EU) for a 1.5 KG keyboard by EMS to U.S, when I only charged from 20-24 dollars (Via FedEx, usually better when shipping to western countries).

Also, I stated that clearly I offer price match to whom can give me the a Tao Bao link for the item. I am living in states, not in China, make me have to work harder to try to keep the price match.

I used to very carefully avoid directly competition. I don't open group buyer if I saw someone doing the same things.
I doing pre-order payment only when I confirmed the shipment is on the route or I paid for the item already. But right now I have to follow others (I am not pointing at Lin here), they offer 2 months ahead group buy, collect money without getting any confirmation etc. What should I do?

My pure and Race this round also offered lower than group buy too. I feel that's fare enough. For limited item, pre-order buyer will be certain that he/she will get one, but pay a little more. Buy after release will possibly cost less but also a chance that they can't get it.

I am petty against having pre-orders via Tao Bao. Because the releasing time and spots are actually unknown. In Tao Bao, seller can tell you hey we have 20 and end up giving you nothing. I am not aiming on you but just let you know a little about in mechanical keyboard market, delay and short supply is really happen a lot . How much time Pure and Race delay? How long last time 9008S delay?

I never think about discuss business in this type of forum openly, but also very surprise to see a Tao Bao agency here too.

Anyway, I hope it is clear, my next step is renew my website after I back to U.S. and arrange more inventory in stock.

It is almost a year I am in Geekhack and thanks to everyone I did learn a lot for will keep improving my services (as well as my English).
Defend yourself?
So I take it you think you are a victim here?
I have never attacked you or mentioned your name in any post, even when I thought you were rude or charged too much.
I think people can decide where they want to buy from, without you badmouthing other vendors and if people prefer your service over mine then that is fine by me. Please do not make it into a vicious competition because I do not want that!

So do you suggest that I raise the price over the base price and write a lower shipping cost?
What is the point of that? What matters is the total price and the service.

I do not have my own shop, I do not sell stuff, I do not put my own price, I put the base price from Taobao that the seller has put on the item and I charge a service fee. That is how my business works.
I am here to provide a service!
People find what they want or sometimes I help them find something they are looking for, and then I charge my fee.
I offer as cheap shipping as I can, and I help to choose the best shipping option.
EMS is not my only shipping method, but it is the one I usually use as an estimate. In many cases there are cheaper options, which I let my customers know about!

You have never used my service, because then you would know that I always check the actual stock first.

If something happens, that the product would be out of stock even after it was confirmed in stock, if it is not available. I fully refund, and I always make sure my customer is safe! I trust my contacts, so I only start a pre-order if I feel confident about the product.

You on the other hand say you do not post stuff in other vendors threads and start group buys or sell stuff that other people already sell.
Weird, because I recall you doing all of those things on GH!
Not to mention that you mention my name in your op which I find extremely rude!

I do not want to have some feud with you, and I do not care what you sell or how much you charge, I only care about providing good service to my customers.

Anyway, what you do is non of my business, please keep my name out of it!
Miaoo!

MagicMeatball

08 Jul 2012, 15:30

thegunner100

08 Jul 2012, 16:27

mkawa

08 Jul 2012, 16:37

aaaa, lin and qtan, we love both you! please don't fight!

4en

08 Jul 2012, 16:45

qtan do you have poker in mx blues coming your way?

ripster

08 Jul 2012, 16:48

I like it when Elitekeyboards disses everybody else and spreads FUD that Filco is going out of business.

He STILL is doing it.
http://www.overclock.net/t/1277857/filc ... f-business
Spoiler:
Any of you guys/ladies know if Vortex/KBC is really OUT of business?

qtan5370

08 Jul 2012, 18:22

who bad mouthing out vendor? Did I say anything bad about you, Lin? What I said was, I can offer lower price than Lin, of DK dragon years, after shipping, when after it released. That's bad mouthing?

You can also say you provide lower price than me or better services I don't care as long as you base on the fact and open source(I took the price from your website). That's quite common in business, you see it everywhere. Price matching is popular in all major retail/online store in U.S.

A directly completion is unavoidable but fighting like this makes not sense at all.

You are doing your business as you wish so do I. I never attack your business and you services that you provides, I did not say anything bad about you. I did not say anything about your stock level, your price or your suppliers.

About the pre-orders and supply problem, I am not attacking you (I stated that). I am referring to Tao Bao as whole markets, it general behavior not so good (such as listed out of stock item is popular, delay on pre-order etc.). What I did just want to explain why I stop doing pre-order group buy. Also suggest buyer to reconsider pre-order (Via Tao Bao) v.s. buying in stock.

Lasting to clear that, yes, I use to avoid doing same group buy, but later I find out others won't care about it, or some group buy is not a group buy at all but just a long standing advertising in the group buy forum, so what I have to do. I never say I did not replay other vendors thread, but I never say anything bad about them.
Last edited by qtan5370 on 08 Jul 2012, 18:41, edited 3 times in total.

ripster

08 Jul 2012, 18:24

Rofl. Bad mounting was a poor choice of words Qtan. Bad mouthing.

You guys might want to take this to PM.

We just buy stuff and I have learned long ago to ignore what one reseller says about another.

qtan5370

08 Jul 2012, 18:35

Thanks ripster. Sometimes I am still what to explain things could never be explained and make it worse. That's a bad behavior carried from the pass.

I am getting KBC poker (all 4 switches), very few, might be the last slot of pokers (I also hear that they are going something going wrong with their business, not KBC but ).

They say it will ship on 7/9 or 10 to U.S. so I hope can get them next week.

KBT pure will up to my store today, stock is limited too, I sold in 3 channel so please understand if the item is out of stock, I will contact you and refund the order.

4en

08 Jul 2012, 19:42

yay finally kbc poker with blue switches :)

Lin TaobaoAgent

08 Jul 2012, 20:25

qtan5370 wrote:who bad mouthing out vendor? Did I say anything bad about you, Lin? What I said was, I can offer lower price than Lin, of DK dragon years, after shipping, when after it released. That's bad mouthing?

You can also say you provide lower price than me or better services I don't care as long as you base on the fact and open source(I took the price from your website). That's quite common in business, you see it everywhere. Price matching is popular in all major retail/online store in U.S.

A directly completion is unavoidable but fighting like this makes not sense at all.

You are doing your business as you wish so do I. I never attack your business and you services that you provides, I did not say anything bad about you. I did not say anything about your stock level, your price or your suppliers.

About the pre-orders and supply problem, I am not attacking you (I stated that). I am referring to Tao Bao as whole markets, it general behavior not so good (such as listed out of stock item is popular, delay on pre-order etc.). What I did just want to explain why I stop doing pre-order group buy. Also suggest buyer to reconsider pre-order (Via Tao Bao) v.s. buying in stock.

Lasting to clear that, yes, I use to avoid doing same group buy, but later I find out others won't care about it, or some group buy is not a group buy at all but just a long standing advertising in the group buy forum, so what I have to do. I never say I did not replay other vendors thread, but I never say anything bad about them.
I do not see this as fighting, I see it as clarifying myself, since you obviously tried to put my business in a bad light... again!

I have said most things I wanted to say in my previous post, which was based on your previous post and the short history I have had on GH. If you forgot what you wrote and what I responded, you can scroll back and read it again.

I bet everyone is happy to hear your unbiased opinions on how to run a business and from where to buy keyboards, and you saying that I "put a lower price to attract people", basically saying that i try to fool people that the price is lower than it really is, is obviously not badmouthing me, since you never say anything negative about anyone.

It is certainly not the truth, since I always put the real price, so I wonder what it is. Is it free promotion? I have heard that any publicity is good publicity in Hollywood, but I am not sure that is what I want for my business. So please consult with me before you start another marketing campaign on my behalf.

And last but not least, I do not wish you anything but the best, but please stop including me in your posts!

Peace!

MagicMeatball

08 Jul 2012, 20:41

qtan5370

08 Jul 2012, 21:50

I am sorry but I have to replay again since this thing must to be clear once Lin posted it openly. (If she PM me first that's would be another story)

First I explain I will still mention your name (Lin) time to time. If I want to match your price, of course I will put you name there. It is also common, retailer always have a list that say what price they're matching. Because I can't match everyone.

Right now, I stated clear, to Geekhack members in the forum, I can match the price Lin provided for DK dragon year.

Also on my web store, I stated clear that I match Tao Bao price who provided a link, with a 7% fees. It might be item based but it is up to me to do so.

Please, why I feeling I have to replay again? Because you always try to replace my words with yours so make it like attacking you, which I am didn't.

I did not say you "put a lower price" "to fool people" (that's what you said, not me). I wrote "Offering a base price that looks lower to attract buyer", because you sometimes (not always) just post the base price does not including 11.9% fees, as well shipping and 3.9% Paypal fees on the shipping.

It is very common in business that to put price as you did, nothing wrong. But for me, in my post to remind people when they reading my price is after all fees (including PayPal fees) and might has lower shipping. What's wrong? Buyer will compare themselves.

Plus remind them I am offering price match, to forum member, it is nice way to show my pleasure to be a part of this community. I used to run some geek hack only group buy with lower price than market, I still want to do it time to time.

Finally, I don't feel I make any wrong move at any point. I just run a promotion say I will provide lower price in DK Dragon year than price you offering right now, apply to total price after shipping, right at the time I posted. Then you say something about shipping, so I explain replay my shipping will be lower than you offering right now base on you website and my listing. Also explain the problem with pre-ordering group buy, base on the past example and my knowledge about the market and suggest buyer to reconsider their decisions.

It is not a business forum, not a place to discuss business. So , I hope this would end here, but I still have to say, I have the right, for my own wish to announce that I can provide a lower price than whoever I wish so. When referring an item or services.

qtan5370

08 Jul 2012, 22:57

Request for a clean up with all discussion with Lin, the thread went far away from it should be.

It should be news only room, thanks. Business problem should not be discussed here.
Last edited by qtan5370 on 08 Jul 2012, 23:03, edited 1 time in total.

Acanthophis

08 Jul 2012, 23:02

Please don't kill the cats :/

qtan5370

08 Jul 2012, 23:07

DeathAdder wrote:Please don't kill the cats :/
Well, yes. I like cats although I have to keep them far away from my house. :(

one of my dogs will fight every cat he saw. :(

4en

09 Jul 2012, 01:50

qtan i hope you keep your promise on your price of the pokers!

qtan5370

09 Jul 2012, 08:55

Poker will be around 100 dollar as I sold before.

jonnybastard

11 Jul 2012, 06:56

Thanks qtan, just put an order in for a race LE with reds.

hamza_tm

11 Jul 2012, 12:49

Too many loooong posts in a thread

My head hurts

qtan5370

11 Jul 2012, 15:25

Yep, I hope I can clear up but I think I just left it for this days.

Nothing much update but The DK9008s won't arrive soon, delay to end of this month instead of 10 as announced before.

Poker looks on the way only ABS caps.

Good news about caps, Plus thick PBT full set custom available soon.

I am also very busy around this days for moving back to U.S.

damorgue

12 Jul 2012, 18:10

qtan5370 wrote: Good news about caps, Plus thick PBT full set custom available soon.
Any ISO? EU folks have no other option than G80-3000LSCXX-0 for white ones.

kekstee

12 Jul 2012, 22:24

Are you able to provide an estimation on the pricing and available colours of thick dye sub PBT sets?

Waterdr1nker

13 Jul 2012, 08:49

Qtan, I've been having difficulty finding any type of translucent (preferably white) spacebar for my backlit keyboard. Would you happen to know if something like this exists?

qtan5370

13 Jul 2012, 11:30

dye sub thick PBT will be around 90(regular)-100(custom lettering)

Return to “Geekhacker refugee camp”