I made a blog...

DanGWanG

09 Jul 2012, 04:53

Thanks for the feedback guys, I'm glad you like it :)

@nirvana - Since I lost all my images from my subforum content, I figured I'd just put them into one place for archiving purposes and also put it in a nice presentable way for convenience. Once I get my subforum back, blog will likely just be used for reference or re-posted reviews.

Input Nirvana

09 Jul 2012, 04:59

I'm thinking that the blog can be a resting place for wiki type stuff, like my Kinesis thingy, and the forums are points of contacts.

After all the drama and shizz.

Just thinking.

DanGWanG

09 Jul 2012, 05:15

My intent exactly!

Input Nirvana

09 Jul 2012, 05:18

We have a plan!
I figured there was a better way of doing it. Maybe this is it.

terrpn

09 Jul 2012, 05:28

very nishe.............

whiskerBox

09 Jul 2012, 07:00

Nice dangwang love it

DanGWanG

09 Jul 2012, 07:53

New 4:20 Review up. Goes over my recent experience with MagicMeatball and his modding services. Enjoy~

absyrd

09 Jul 2012, 11:42

Nice. Congrats on getting the blog together. I'll be watching. 8-)

dirge

09 Jul 2012, 12:09

Where's the asian chicks?

phetto
Elite

09 Jul 2012, 14:35

DanGWanG wrote:Thanks for the feedback guys, I'm glad you like it :)
Quite funny how 'glad' can be exactly the same in Swedish, might have been the Andersons that immigrated to minnesota who brought it with them!

DanGWanG

09 Jul 2012, 16:59

dirge wrote:Where's the asian chicks?
I haven't read the terms and conditions for Wordpress yet, but if they allow for Yellow Fever blog posts, I will do it. Any one have any clue? :mrgreen:

dirge

09 Jul 2012, 18:53

There are worse pictures on the internet bud ;p

harrison

09 Jul 2012, 19:15

glad to see your content out there, the blog looks great.

curious about your recent ergo-mod from MMB... what lube was used, and where on stems was it applied? do you notice a difference between them and your white filco with ergos (not sure if they were lube'd)? also, what spring went in the grey?

DanGWanG

09 Jul 2012, 22:02

MMB told me which lube he used, but I can't recall right now. But whatever it was, it's awesome. I think there's only one place to apply the lube, but honestly I wouldn't know. I'm bad at modding things.

Anyway, yeah there is definitely a difference between the non-lubed and lubed. Some of the 'sticky' aspects of ergo-Clears that people complain about (and that I've experienced) are virtually non-existent now. The switch also just feels 'new.' It's less frictiony as you could imagine, and feels very smooth to type on. The tactility is still very strong, but a little smoother. I imagine it's like driving on a properly oiled transmission.

As for the grey, it's a Grey spring. So 60g+? I'm not sure of the exact weight, but it has made my thumb a monster. Now I can't live without an MX Grey switch for the spacebar.

DanGWanG

11 Jul 2012, 08:19

Lots of new stuff added

Sifo

11 Jul 2012, 08:23

Can't wait to get my board done from him.

Cindori

11 Jul 2012, 12:27

You should try do a video review!

DanGWanG

11 Jul 2012, 15:58

I've done one before! I should add it...

DanGWanG

11 Jul 2012, 18:07

Just wanted to share before my 4:20 review goes up :)

Enjoy! http://imgur.com/a/NfSRI

jdcarpe

11 Jul 2012, 18:26

fu.jpg
fu.jpg (74.22 KiB) Viewed 12001 times

Acanthophis

11 Jul 2012, 18:35

dat KMAC!

DanGWanG

11 Jul 2012, 18:39

Pic with keycaps :)

sth
2 girls 1 cuprubber

11 Jul 2012, 18:44

Nice score dude, I wish there were some more widely available tenkeyless boards compatible with step caps and 1.5 mods.

Acanthophis

11 Jul 2012, 18:47

What happened to the right shift?
Also, would look better with a black or red Esc, IMO.

DanGWanG

11 Jul 2012, 18:52

The Dolch kits didn't come with a standard US-ANSI R.Shift, so I just stuck on a Blank dark grey SP R.Shift (which is actually the same color as the one used in the Moogle kit). I think the extreme sunlight makes it stand out more in terms of color differentiation from the other modifiers, but on my desk it's hardly a noticeable difference.

But in any case, I've been playing around with keycaps and right now I'm using MBC's RGB until the Moogle arrives. Looks really nice with my LEDs. But more pics and review later!

Thanks for the feedback so far :)

AKIMbO

11 Jul 2012, 19:55

I don't support your blog in anyway. It makes me too jelly. :mrgreen:

Glissant

11 Jul 2012, 23:40

AKIMbO wrote:I don't support your blog in anyway. It makes me too jelly. :mrgreen:
Quoted for containing a huge truth bomb. I can't stand Dan's blog. It's got too much awesome. ;-)

Acanthophis

11 Jul 2012, 23:46

I saw you added new photos to your KMAC album!

jdcarpe

11 Jul 2012, 23:48

AKIMbO wrote:I don't support your blog in anyway. It makes me too jelly. :mrgreen:
Exactly. Makes me feel like such a loser when I see all the cool shit Dan has.

DanGWanG

12 Jul 2012, 00:07

DeathAdder wrote:I saw you added new photos to your KMAC album!
Getting ready to write the review, so I needed more pics :)

---

Well, without people like you guys, I have no motivation to show anything. I have been monitoring my site statistics lately, and holy crap I'm getting a lot of love. All I know is, without you guys drooling over all my stuff, I wouldn't have any inspiration or motivation to take any photos. It's because of you guys that I continue to contribute to the keyboarding community. So for that, thanks :) They say jealousy is the most honest form of flattery, right? :mrgreen:

Return to “Geekhacker refugee camp”